• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Trailer New Heartless (and more)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Awards
Here's some more interesting things about the trailer:

Water Heartless
Those first water heartless surround themselves with water bubbles which, upon being hit, cause the heartless to teleport out of harm's way. The only way Sora was able to hit them in this trailer is by magic (specifically fire but other elements might work, too) or hitting them while the bubble shield is down. We also see a raincloud above sora, following him, but I don't know what it does. Perhaps it could inflict some debuffs on him? Or reduce fire elemental damage? We can only guess right now.

Flying Heartless
Those winged, purple, flying heartless with helmets reminded me of Air Pirates or something in the way they acted. They seemed to just drift and jab at you but we do get to see one do some fire elemental charging attack with particle effects. It seems like you can just swat them in mid-air with aerial combos.

Minotaur Heartless
We also see another purple heartless, which resembles a Minotaur in armor. They seem to blow a trumpet and attack as a heard, stampeding horns first.

Dandelion Heartless
The final new heartless that we see, which are also my favorite in this trailer, are the dandelions. First, there is this one large dandelion seed head, that from what we could see, can spin like a helicopter to fly/move around. The cool thing is that these large dandelions can eject the seeds which turn into the small flower dandelion heartless. This mechanic looked pretty interesting, made me wonder how creative they'll be with the enemies and their interaction with the environment.

???
One thing to note though, in Twilight Town, when Sora does the flowmotion off the wall, we get a glimpse of some kind of heartless on the roof up in the top left. I can tell it's a heartless because as soon as the Twilight Town scene starts you can see him spawn on there with the same heartless spawning animation. It sort of looks like a soldier but not quite...

Flowmotion
Speaking of Flowmotion, in the very beginning of the Twilight Town scene, Sora casts what looks like a blizzard spell. The cool thing about it is it left a trail of ice in its path which Sora then uses for flowmotion. It will be interesting to see how else we can interact with magic, or what else we can do with it in the environment.

Anagram

Banned
Not pleased that flowmotion still lingers in the series despite how early it's said it would be but I did find the heartless more original than they've been in a long while.
The Dandelion Heartless looks like it could be a pain in the ass but in a good way.

Antar

Awards
Not pleased that flowmotion still lingers in the series despite how early it's said it would be but I did find the heartless more original than they've been in a long while.
The Dandelion Heartless looks like it could be a pain in the ass but in a good way.

What do you mean by that part I underlined?
Maybe for the dandelion heartless you can wipe them out before they spread? Also, it looks like they can only spread once, then the seed head is gone.

Echoecho6

Awards
I mean how flowmotion being in KH3 being a fact for a while now. I still dont like it or welcome it's presence.

I am with you, I was very upset to see it. Also when they said it would appear, they said they would fix it to make it better, but when we saw it, it looked practically the same with the same moves which upsets me

Antar

Awards
I think Flowmotion is really cool, just not handled too well in DDD. It's a very neat way to traverse across maps and it adds verticality to maps which is a good thing.

What DDD did bad is that they gave you all of the abilities from the start instead of you learning them throughout the game for a sense of progression. The flowmotion attacks didn't transition into combos well, either. They looked and acted more like magical finishers where you have to sit through the whole animation. It would have been better if they were just regular keyblade attacks like Flash Step or Slide Dash except in the air.

The only thing I'm disappointed with about the flowmotion shown in KH3, is they kept the magical glow around Sora while using them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh wow jumping off walls. SO much interaction.

Can you jump on walls in other games?

It is either you get primarily linear gameplay and have to use an automated gimmick like a reaction command with little user input to fight giant bosses or get a less automated gimmick that gives you control as the player and get horizontal and vertical gameplay.

Out of the two, you'll find that the latter at least allows for a variety of tactics to be implemented into battle. In reaction command-based battles, it is extremely formulaic.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Can you jump on walls in other games?

It is either you get primarily linear gameplay and have to use an automated gimmick like a reaction command with little user input to fight giant bosses or get a less automated gimmick that gives you control as the player and get horizontal and vertical gameplay.

Out of the two, you'll find that the latter at least allows for a variety of tactics to be implemented into battle. In reaction command-based battles, it is extremely formulaic.

Why would I want to jump off walls in other games? Seriously whats the draw?

We will just have to agree to disagree entirely because I agree with neither of those. Flowmotion is no less gimmicky than reaction commands. It's "variety" isnt much wider either.
They could be changed in KH3 sure but I wont hold my breath for it nor will I see it as more or less of a gimmick than reaction sequences.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I thought Flowmotion was a great idea in DDD, but was executed poorly and easy to misuse. It looks vastly improved in this game. The draw, I think is that it improves the variety of gameplay, both in exploration and combat. In all other games prior to DDD, you just had high jump and glide and stuff. Now, maybe we'll see some nice platforming that implements Flowmotion. In addition, if they fix it up, it'll add to the combat like it was supposed to in DDD. Instead of just button mashing like in KH2, we have regular combat, Flowmotion attacks, Keyblade transformations, Attraction Flow, etc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The scale of Kingdom Hearts 3 has increased greatly. Seamless worlds which are larger than the worlds in Dream Drop Distance (I'm pretty sure when Sora jumps off that cliff, you can see 4-5 layers below, and who knows how many above or how long these areas are).

Flowmotion serves a great purpose of getting around locations easier. It was underrealised in Dream Drop because even though those worlds were larger, they were still linear progression and took the "fun" out of platforming or whatever that argument is. Flowmotion doesn't even necessary in most parts, you can still walk and run, and free run now as well! There's so many options now, and if you don't like one you probably don't have to do it. Running up the wall to fight the Rock Titan isn't even flowmotion, it's the free run ability. At least Flowmotion lets you attack the Rock Titan all over instead of just hacking at it's feet until it sits down for a minute.

Anyways, I'm way off topic right now. The Heartless, yes. I'm very excited for them! Those water Heartless look so amazing, I love that they can teleport and shoot all of their water at us. The Dandelions are great. I love that they can spawn more and I look forward to the challenges it brings to defeating all of them (hopefully it's not like FFXV though, where because of the constant drop ships, a 3-5 minute battle becomes a 17 minute battle)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So about the new Heartless. People on KH13 have now clear pictures of it:Kingdom Hearts III trailer analysis: All new heartless detailed - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

eAj5Iy3l.jpg

(Picture from KH13, and I think GamersJoint was the first to found it)
I presume this is the same one that some of you guys saw at the launch event in December?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I absolutely despised the flow motion in 3D and it diddlyed up the entire game for multiple reasons but it looks (from what we can tell right now) way better in KH III. I really hope there gonna be a few slightly tricky places to reach though like in KHI (halloween town town square is my favorite) and even BBS had a few stuff you couldn't unlock to early and the sewers in Disney Town were amazing, hope we see some more stuff like that.
3D didn't have any of that what so ever and at the same time there was plenty lol, it's like they tried to put it in but gave you the cheat code to skip past and just wall jump and what not, would hate if that happened to KH III.

Battles look way better too, everything was so all over the place before making the game incredibly difficult and filled with cheaty one hit kills that you can't possibly spot until they hit you.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Was there any other similarities from the video you guys witnessed from the 2.5 event to the E3 Trailer? I remember you guys saying about the room and the chess board, anything else?

Last edited:

Antar

Awards
So about the new Heartless. People on KH13 have now clear pictures of it:Kingdom Hearts III trailer analysis: All new heartless detailed - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

eAj5Iy3l.jpg

I presume this is the same one that some of you guys saw at the launch event in December?

Yeah, this heartless looks very interesting! I think it's the rooftop one I mentioned in the OP but I never realized there was a much better shot of it during the Pegasus keyblade transformation. Very cool!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
eAj5Iy3l.jpg

Oh yes that's correct. The heartless we saw at the event had an archer Heartless, greek armored Heartless, flying gargoyle like Heartless, etc. and I was surprised to see them being actual models in the trailer now.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It reminds me of the Monotrucker Unversed found in Dwarf Woodlands.

Precursor Mar

Oh yes that's correct. The heartless we saw at the event had an archer Heartless, greek armored Heartless, flying gargoyle like Heartless, etc. and I was surprised to see them being actual models in the trailer now.

So were the armored and gargoyle heartless you saw in the event the same ones from the Mt. Olympus world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back