• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3: The black box and the new seven pure lights theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
You know for awhile now I've been curious when Nomura said that someone who is perceptive may already have been able to figure out what it inside the box. For the longest time I could only think of one thing when he said that, when BBS had this repeated theme of trapping lights in a box or otherwise. Xehanort claimed to Terra he was after the pure light because he was trying to safe guard it, the Evil Queen wanted Snow White's (literal) heart in a box but Terra thought she meant her metaphysical heart that we all know, and then Terra ran into Hook who told him a lie this "precious box" (which now I'm thinking is less awkward wording and more deliberate foreshadowing) as Terra called it had light gathered from all over and stored away for protection. So my mind just kept going to "is there light in the box?" that would explain why you shouldn't open it because you probably can't just shut it back.

Then we had Maleficent she talked about the book of prophecies, about how she tried to capture seven pure hearts to conquer the worlds, and how it was to complex and difficult a task for her (which is why it took so long) but now she had a new idea...a way to capture worlds in her "own manner". Next thing we know she is seeking that black box implying fairly heavily that the black box is tied to her ability to conquer the worlds. Still I didn't think too much of what was really in it because it felt like it was just an excuse plot created to give her something to do....that is until Xehanort started looking for it. That made it clear there is more to this box than a throw away plot and I think that is when the pieces connected in my. Because at the same time we were told this we also see in another scene that Xehanort is looking for the "new" seven pure lights.

My mind raced with confusion...a lost darkness, new seven lights, AND the black box it almost felt to me like it was too much to satisfy narratively until I changed my line thinking. Instead of viewing these as three separate goals perhaps some of these goals are actually just the same thing. Maleficent came in handy here for narrowing it down because between the two goals, bringing back a lost darkness and gathering 7 new pure lights, it's clear which one would benefit Maleficent and tie into her desire to take over the worlds. Which then ties into the very things in BBS my kind kept connecting to the black box's contents, suddenly everything fell into place.

I still don't know what the black box actually has inside it but I think I'm positive I know what its contents are for and what it will do when opened. The black box has something in it that will turn seven people into new pure lights and that is why everyone is looking for it. Xehanort has some of his members seeking out potential candidates for lights and others looking for the box that will create them. Maleficent is trying to find it because if she can just create seven pure lights then just like that she'll be able to get access to Kingdom Hearts, a much faster version of her original plan than manually collecting seven people.

Or at least that's my theory about the purpose of the box.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
you might be on to something hirokey123 and didn't noruma say ux will have a impact on kh3 maybe it has something to do with box

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if the black box is a tracker for The Princesses of Hearts to ensure their safety? People of evil intent could use to hunt them down for their nefarious purpose?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if the black box is a tracker for The Princesses of Hearts to ensure their safety? People of evil intent could use to hunt them down for their nefarious purpose?

Or what if the 13 Princesses (past and present generation) are the keys needed to open it since it has 13 locks? It’s easy to assume the Organization would intended to unlock it, but this could be a twist from that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Two things to add that might be a help for further speculation:

1. In Back Cover the Master of Masters apparently tells Luxu what is in the box and he reacts with heavy surprise/shock.

2. In BBS, during his falling out with Eraqus, Xehanort states this:
Master Xehanort said:
But darkness did cover the world once, in legend. We know so little
about the Keyblade War--only that it was just the beginning. Amidst that crisis
a precious light was found.

That neither X[chi] browser version nor Back Cover actually displayed the climax and eventual finale of the Keyblade War (only the beginning stages and the aftermath were shown, from the Player Avatar's perspective) might have its reasons after all.

From where does Xehanort get the information he is revealing to Eraqus during that scene in BBS? Especially the bit where he claims that the Keyblade War wasn't the end (as it is always described in X[chi]) but just the beginning. The beginning of what?
Obviously the No Name Keyblade has witnessed it all as shown in the opening scene of 0.2 so maybe the info is stored somewhere in it and Xehanort managed to access it (or he has a copy of the book of prophecies at hand).

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
What I want to know is, if there are going to be 7 new Princesses of Heart, what happens to the old ones? Why are they suddenly not a thing anymore, save for Kairi? I'm very curious why the Organization is after new hearts, rather than targeting the original Princesses from KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back