• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Skips The ps3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kh3. Ps3 or Next gen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rascus213

So as most of you have probably heard, Nintendo is revealing their new console(codenamed project cafe) at this years E3

Now while i don't think Sony and Microsoft will panic and immediately release their next gen consoles, id say the ps3 and 360 only have at max 4 more years left in them

That being said, we still don't even have an official announcement on Kh3 yet. Assuming they haven't even started on it, do you think kh3 will be a swan song for the ps3, or skip it and release on a future console?

αsiя

space coke
I truly believe that KH3 will be either on Wii 2 or PS4. Please don't give me a fanboy comment because it's totatally possible for it to happen. Versus XIII doesn't even have a release date. Wii 2 is coming out next year (same year Versus XIII is probably coming out.) KH3 is going to at least take the minimum of 2 years to make (which is very hopeful considering SE's track record.) Sony already announced the PS4 is in development, so I say we'll hear info on it next year which will set a release date for it in 2013 or 2014, so either KH3 comes out very late in the PS3's lifespan, or SE will start it's development on it for the PS4 or Wii 2 (hell maybe even the new 360.)

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
KH2 came out a couple months before the PS3 did, about 6 months, so its possible it could still be on the PS3.

StVen

I'm pretty positive Nomura said something KH3 appearing on this generation consoles. I think it is somewhere on Siliconera.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
αsiя;5529851 said:
I truly believe that KH3 will be either on Wii 2 or PS4. Please don't give me a fanboy comment because it's totatally possible for it to happen. Versus XIII doesn't even have a release date. Wii 2 is coming out next year (same year Versus XIII is probably coming out.) KH3 is going to at least take the minimum of 2 years to make (which is very hopeful considering SE's track record.) Sony already announced the PS4 is in development, so I say we'll hear info on it next year which will set a release date for it in 2013 or 2014, so either KH3 comes out very late in the PS3's lifespan, or SE will start it's development on it for the PS4 or Wii 2 (hell maybe even the new 360.)

I fully agree with αsiя as Sony has already announced that the PS4 is indeed in development as well as the successor to the Xbox 360. Some people are speculating that Sony might make a hint at it this year at E3, and if not, it will be announced at next years E3. If that is so, the release date for the system is set at around 2013-2015, and that does seem like the time KH3 will come out I believe as FFXIII Versus isnt' even done yet. Even if the game comes out late 2011, KH3 wouldnt' come out in the US till maybe late 2012 early 2013 and this is a scenario if we are extremely lucky, which I doubt considering we have DDD and possibly BbSv2 to come out.

WaveK89

I thinking that it might be dependent on how successful Versus XIII is on the PS3. In any case, I still have hope that it will release for the PS3.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think and hope it will be released on the PS3 but I'm not sure, there's a big possibility it will be released on the next generation too

Maxyli138

I want it to come out for Ps3, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. It depends on how long Versus XIII takes, and then they have to actually start developing KH3, which could take a while.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
We have 4 more years until the next gen really starts. We'll see by then.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
As someone else has mentioned earlier, KH2 was released on the PS2 just a few months before the PS3. On top of that, they also worked on Re:COM which was also released on the PS2 despite the fact that the PS3 was around.

I'm going to bet that KH3 would go on the PS3 regardless if the PS4 is out or not.

Key to Truth

Awards
Anyone knowing anything about the game industry would know that PS3 still has a lot to offer. It will still take a lot of years until the new Playstation console is even announced to the public, I'd say at least 4 more years until it is announced.
So, they have a LOT of time to create KH3 in let's say... 5 years. Considering FFvsXIII is supposed to come out sometime this year they would still have until 2015-2016 approximately to make the game... so yeah, they do have time.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Anyone knowing anything about the game industry would know that PS3 still has a lot to offer. It will still take a lot of years until the new Playstation console is even announced to the public, I'd say at least 4 more years until it is announced.
So, they have a LOT of time to create KH3 in let's say... 5 years. Considering FFvsXIII is supposed to come out sometime this year they would still have until 2015-2016 approximately to make the game... so yeah, they do have time.
Versus isn't coming out this year.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Four years? That's a little kind, really they should start coming out 2012-13. And since the PS4 is being outfitted by developers it really shouldn't take a long time as the PS4 is going to be made of off the shelf equipment stuff.
2014 is the year that Sony wants to release the PS4. Nintendo is the only one releasing their new gen in 2012.

Key to Truth

Awards
Versus isn't coming out this year.

It is supposed to come out late 2011 or early 2012 in Japan and don't say about the worldwide release because I'm pretty sure they're not going to do it even thought they said once they would. I don't trust Square-Enix in terms of release dates though.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It is supposed to come out late 2011 or early 2012 in Japan and don't say about the worldwide release because I'm pretty sure they're not going to do it even thought they said once they would. I don't trust Square-Enix in terms of release dates though.

I think you're getting VsXIII confused with XIII-2.

And I see I'm one of the few people who believes the successor to the PS3 and 360 won't be released 4 years from now...I'm thinking closer to 5 or 6 years. And what's this talk of KHIII being on the Wii 2? Lol I seriously doubt that'll come to pass.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Technically, it already has been announced. Sony has already stated in a couple interviews that they are working on the system as we speak. The new console might even be announced as early as E3 2012 but not be ready for a full release till late 2013-2014. The PS3 may have a lot to offer, but I'd say in 4 years, the system will be out.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I honestly think that KH3 will be released on the PS3, since well alot of people didn't get the PS3 when it first came out.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i see kh3 coming out....NEVER!

tho for the poll i voted "It will come before the end of the ps3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back