• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Skips The ps3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kh3. Ps3 or Next gen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I don't see why everyone is getting so down for KH3, jezz just wait S.E. will get done with FF13 Versus and finally give us KH3. But I won't say it will come out anytime soon, probably by the time that PS3 is starting to slow down.

Dark Wing

Awards
also if you remember games were still being developed for the PS2 well into the life span of the PS3, so i think it'll be released on the PS3... eventually...

StVen

Well, I knew that Nomura said something like this:

EGM: Do you think we'll see Kingdom Hearts III on this generation of hardware?

TN: Yes, it might be possible. It is my desire to develop the next Kingdom Hearts on the existing platform, but the problem with a new console is that it has new technical requirements, new technical limitations, so we need time to make new research for that new title. The development team for Kingdom Hearts is currently leading technical research for concerning the high-definition graphics right now. So, yes, I'm wiling to create something on the existing console because when we aim for another non-existing future console, the release of the title will be far in the future. That's my concern.
So I would think that 'this generation of hardware' = PS3.

[Source]

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Is it just me or am I'm now fed up with anything Square Enix or its employees tries to pull to come up with excuses. Square Enix needs to embrace the Nike slogan, "just do it."

Key to Truth

Awards
I think you're getting VsXIII confused with XIII-2.

And I see I'm one of the few people who believes the successor to the PS3 and 360 won't be released 4 years from now...I'm thinking closer to 5 or 6 years. And what's this talk of KHIII being on the Wii 2? Lol I seriously doubt that'll come to pass.

I'm not getting anything confused, lol. As I said, it might still come out in 2012, but there are high chances it comes out before this year ends (at least for Japan). If the game does come out in 2012 they will release it by spring 2012. But anyways, we'll get more info about that game this E3 and probably the final release date.

Technically, it already has been announced. Sony has already stated in a couple interviews that they are working on the system as we speak. The new console might even be announced as early as E3 2012 but not be ready for a full release till late 2013-2014. The PS3 may have a lot to offer, but I'd say in 4 years, the system will be out.

A console isn't technically announced until Sony reveals the console. We knew the PSP2 was on the works for a long time yet it wasn't even announced yet.

Wait 4-5 years until that happens. this generation consoles have a longer lifespan than the old generation... Except for the Wii, which should be considered past-gen >.>

Unrequited Lust

Isn't Cafe's hardware miles beyond the PS3's and 360's?

And what the hell is taking them so long with Versus anyway.

darkblue

I think it will release on the PS3.

PS4/whatever's next could definitely be on shelves at that point, and it'll still destroy in sales.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

And what the hell is taking them so long with Versus anyway.

Well remember Versus is made by the same people that made KH, so there trying to make the game more like KH but with a final fantasy touches here and there, so honestly I can see why its taking them a bit longer, I mean now we have gameplay videos up, that shuold get your hypes up, its better than nothing.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I thought so first but then I've read some more and it seem to be pretty equal but I guess we won't know for sure until E3. It would be pretty stupid of Nintendo to just make their consol up-to-date and not go byond that

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
honestly I can't see the graphics getting any better, unless there real.

StVen

honestly I can't see the graphics getting any better, unless there real.

I'm hoping they'll stay the same as ps2 graphics but more like smoother and they would make it longer story and more actions. KH is better cartoonish that 'full' 3D imo. =/

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Honestly I would love for the graphics to become real, I think it would be good for the series. I'm just hoping when KH3 does come out for PS3, that we get DLC with it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
A console isn't technically announced until Sony reveals the console. We knew the PSP2 was on the works for a long time yet it wasn't even announced yet.

Wait 4-5 years until that happens. this generation consoles have a longer lifespan than the old generation... Except for the Wii, which should be considered past-gen >.>

Even if it isn't announced, it is confirmed that it is underway, and it sounds like it might be well underway. I doubt Sony wouldn't finish the prototype for 4 years cause thats just slow on their part. Not to mention, people expect the next Xbox to be announced next year as some companies report that they have the next Xbox prototype already. The PS3 came out a year after the 360, and I expect Sony to either keep it that way or try to simultaneously release the PS4 with the next Xbox system so that Microsoft doesn't get the upper hand. If thats the case, the PS4 will probably be out within 4 years at most.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly I would love for the graphics to become real, I think it would be good for the series. I'm just hoping when KH3 does come out for PS3, that we get DLC with it.
Yes, Donald Duck would look so much better as a lifelike duck :rolleyes:

How are real graphics good for a series featuring 2D cartoon characters?

StVen

Yes, Donald Duck would look so much better as a lifelike duck :rolleyes:

How are real graphics good for a series featuring 2D cartoon characters?

I know right. It would be so much better if they make it smoother than KH2 and longer story, nice battle effects, more 3D cutscenes and full of actionz.. Blu ray have 25 GB capacity compared to 4.7 GB DVD. I wonder what they can make on 25 GB. Full 3D sora doesn't seem to appeal me, I think they are best on cutscenes. Does anyone here agree?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Sora and the rest will probably look similar to there CG counter parts and the Disney character's will look just about the same but with improve textures i guess.
No more low res textures on the clothes and erm...eyes.Everything is just going to look crisp.

DanX

At this rate I'd say that KH3 will just slip onto the PS3 before the next generation playstation. I mean seriously FF Versus XIII is looking like a late 2012 release date for japan then early 2013 for US, Europe. So the team will begin serious development in late 2012 but will already have the engine and it's specs ready for KH3. So it will most likely release in 2014.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just don't want anymore fishy-face.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Everything is sorta unpredictable at this point. KH3 all depends on how hastily Nomura gets Final Fantasy Versus XIII done, and I'm not sure if anyone else is with me on this but I don't want it to be a rushed game. It's looking amazing so far and I'd be ok with even waiting another year for it. And if that means pushing KH3 onto the next Sony console, so be it. I'm pretty sure you'd say the same in a Versus XIII thread if its release depended on KH3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back