• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Release date speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: KH3 Release date speculation.

Guys, guys....E3 posted the following video:

Pay close attention to what that fella says:

[video=youtube;n0ZjiSQE0Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ZjiSQE0Ck[/video]

Sauce or it didn't happen?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I'm no expert, and frankly have no idea how long it takes to even make what we can see from the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started working on it since at least December 2012/ January 2013. But realistically, it would be another 2 years before we see it on shelves I'm guessing. But my question is, with Squares new engine, shouldn't that speed up production quite a bit? I don't mean to compare but they are popping out ff13 sequels pretty quickly. So wouldn't that also make it possible for them to finish the game quickly? idk. Someone enlighten me.
Didn't the crystal tools engine give them hell?

As for the video, he seemed to be basing his statement on the remake and remixes. Those add up to three titles.

Wave57

Awards

I would love to get confirmation on when KHIII started development. If it really is 2010 like the video is saying, we will probably see it in 2015 at the latest. Maybe 2016 if it is released in Japan late 2015.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I don't think it will be released before 2016, might be later 2017-2018.
Hopefully 2015 though, I really can't see it come any sooner then that.
Then again, I really couldn't see them announce it this early either so I could be wrong

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt

Well 2016 would put them at a nice 10 year anniversary with KHII. However, I am hoping for a holiday 2015 release so I can buy myself an early Christmas present.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

On a whim I would predict either a late 2015/early 2016 release for Japan, with the usual six months discrepancy before the western release.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I'm definitely hoping it's not out any sooner than 2016. It's going to take me that long to save up for a PS4 and feel that my PS3 whichihaveyettopurchase wasn't a complete waste of money. 2017 honestly sounds great to me, especially since the more time and energy they spend making it perfect, the more there will be to appreciate and enjoy when the release date rolls around.

SHADOWSTRIKE1

Awards
Website
www.shadowstrike1.net

2015?!?!? I'VE DONE MY WAITING! I'VE FOUGHT MY BATTLES!

Honestly I feel as though the trailer seemed to be a little something that they threw together to really kick up the PS4 announcement, and something they can continue to ride for E3 2014 and E3 2015.

It looked like they had basic animations done, and Twilight Town didn't seem very detailed just yet, so it's probably just something that the team has put together for testing purposes. Unfortunately I think we're far off guys...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

They write "now in development" in the trailer, so they of course only have some beta stuff available yet.
Considering for a true quality game you have to expect a development time of one and a half to two years, late 2015/early 2016 seems to be the most realistic option.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

They write "now in development" in the trailer, so they of course only have some beta stuff available yet.
Considering for a true quality game you have to expect a development time of one and a half to two years, late 2015/early 2016 seems to be the most realistic option.

I'm guessing late 2015 since if not, IDK what game they'd release to keep it 1 game a year...plus now that FFXV is done (or nearly done) they have a long time to just focus solely on KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'm guessing late 2015 since if not, IDK what game they'd release to keep it 1 game a year...plus now that FFXV is done (or nearly done) they have a long time to just focus solely on KH3.

It would fit the optimistic schedule since they would have the rest of 2013, the entirety of 2014 and at least half, if not more of 2015 for concentrated development of KH III.
FF XV was said to be Nomura's last major involvement in the Final Fantasy Franchise that goes beyond character designs and I doubt that the 2.5 HD Collection would require a whole team.
So Nomura should be technically free to concentrate fully on KH, with the old KH-team and some help from parts of Osaka in there as well, it seems like a reasonable outlook.

Predicting a month, I'll probably say they'll release KH III somewhere shortly after the TGS 2015 in Japan, with the western release being announced at Jump Festa.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Predicting a month, I'll probably say they'll release KH III somewhere shortly after the TGS 2015 in Japan, with the western release being announced at Jump Festa.

I'm just curious about if that "one per year" is for Japan or worldwide? I can see a late 2015 release for Japan which would be an early 2016 release for the US UNLESS they release the games worldwide at the same time, which would be shocking, amazing, and very unlikely.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

2015/2016 like everyone said. KH 2.5 will fufill the 2014 yearly release. Plus we have Lightning Returns in 2014 and FFXV late 2014/early 2015 as the big titles from Square. So late 2015/early 2016 is the best bet although you would think simultaneous releases would be possible by that time.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Guys, guys....IGN posted the following video:

Pay close attention to what that fella says:

[video=youtube;n0ZjiSQE0Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ZjiSQE0Ck[/video]

If that's true, they managed to keep it secret for 3 years. I Don't see how you keep the developement of a game as anticipated as KH3 a secret for 3 years. But if it's true, then I'd say it could come out a lot sooner than 2016 as some people are anticipating.

kdude17

I doubt the game has been in development for more than a few months, because the trailer definitely didn't look like a game that has been worked on for 3 years.

sdr08

I doubt the game has been in development for more than a few months, because the trailer definitely didn't look like a game that has been worked on for 3 years.

they might be saving the concrete trailer for TGS or Jump Fiesta this year, but I have a small doubt that we wont be seeing another trailer until TGS next year. im still hoping for a 2015 release

Bobjam

Awards

If Square are smart and really have learnt from the past then actually they may be far along development enough with KH3 and of course XV to speed up to process of how quickly infomation gets to us. I am fairly confident will shall be hearing about kh3 the next few months/rest of the year. A 2015 release is pretty likely I guess.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Right now, I would say 2015 at the earliest, 2016 at the latest. However, we don't have much information about the game's development, and Nomura may have meant the conceptual stage when he said the game began development in 2010. I think we'll have a better idea of when the game could be released depending on what is shown at TGS and Jump Festa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back