• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 reference in Ralph Breaks the Internet? (Movie Spoilers!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, the film full of niche video game and internet references is absolutely unlikely to reference a AAA video game featuring its main character. But even in that slim chance it is a KH reference, it’s definitely more likely to be referring to Union Cross since that game has no known connection to 1/25/19 and won’t see that new world in Global until May at the earliest.
I'm of the minority that the "reference" was actually a coincidental fluke and it has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Is anything even happening on that date? I find it weird they put in a specific date in this film. Even weirder when you think about watching the film years down the line.

2034 and ralph 2 is still pointing on that date..what does it all mean!!!? It'll end up being the biggest mystery to unravel.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm of the minority that the "reference" was actually a coincidental fluke and it has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts.
Still though saying they will meet again on the Japanese release date of all things is suspicious. If it has nothing to do with KH what other meaning could that date have?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Is anything even happening on that date? I find it weird they put in a specific date in this film. Even weirder when you think about watching the film years down the line.

2034 and ralph 2 is still pointing on that date..what does it all mean!!!? It'll end up being the biggest mystery to unravel.

I think the film as a whole is going to be a strange little time capsule down the line.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Right, it makes much more sense for them to be talking about the Japanese release date of a game maybe 10% of the audience is going to play.

Well, aren't you a Debbie Downer.

You know this is Wreck-It Ralph, a movie filled with subtle commercial Easter Eggs. Also, Disney Animation directly worked with Square Enix on Kingdom Hearts III, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for acknowledgement.

Plus, Square Enix confirmed that the Kingdom Hearts III Japanese theatre promotional trailer will be on December 21st. You know what else is a "coincidental fluke" then? the Japanese theatrical release of Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Some of the factors that make me think Ralph could either have a world OR a larger role than just a summon in KH3:

• January 25th reference in RBTI.
• Sugar Rush-themed Pudding Heartless. These offer special challenges and this one would probably be a racing challenge.
• Xion has yet to be formally revealed and would be the perfect Seeker here due to her similarities to Vanellope. No one remembers them and they’re seen as malfunctioning.
• JP Cinema trailer being held back until RBTI releases in Japan, as well as being after the Jump Festa trailer where WIR could be revealed as the final Disney world.
• The UX world isn’t announced yet. They could be waiting to reveal the summon in KH3 first.
• With PatF, they would have worlds based on all six WDAS Revival films up to Big Hero 6. PatF, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Big Hero 6.
• Ralph makes more sense as a summon than a party member for his world. He only steps up to fight the bad guy at the very end of the film. We also already have a handful of brute type party members, so Calhoun being the party member would be more original. But they could even throw in an FF character if they wanted.
• I don’t see Nomura passing up on its gameplay opportunities in 3 to yield it to UX, where it’ll be stripped of all that.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You know with Sugar Rush being candy and sweet themed, they might have sea salt ice cream. That would give further reason for Xion to be the darkness of the world.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
You know with Sugar Rush being candy and sweet themed, they might have sea salt ice cream. That would give further reason for Xion to be the darkness of the world.

Yeah she’d definitely make the most sense there and that would be a nice touch!

I love it! It would be a good reference ♡♡

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Technically, Ralph gets summoned from Fix-It Felix, and even then, most of Wreck-It Ralph is in Sugar Rush, so having a Wreck-It Ralph world still works even if Ralph is a summon.

Perkilator

Awards
Okay, I’m gonna place a bet:

If Wreck-it-Ralph DOES get announced for KH3, I’ll change my profile pic to Bubsy Bobcat until KH3 comes out. If not, I get to post a video of the Crab Rave this thread.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It seems there a lot of people that want Princess and the Frog in KH3, but have that world in KH3 and Wreck-It Ralph turn out to be the new Disney World for KH Union X Cross that they hinted months ago doesn't make much sense to me.

- Princess and the Frog would fit KH Union X Cross story better.
- Wreck-it Ralph seems to be more popular and just got a sequel.
- Vanellope can be one of the new Princesses of Heart. Tiana could be one too, but I'm not sure if the new ones will be just from CGI Movies.

Oh God, this is perfect!! I didn't think this far.

I had thought that since Radiant Garden already has 100 Acre Wood and Space Paranoids, Sugar Rush could be in Twilight Town.

It would start with Twilight Town trio introducing LCD games to Sora and then say he should definitely try this new game that everyone is talking about.

Xion turn out to be the Darkness of that World would be a nice touch, not only because of what you said but also because the arcade would be in Twilight Town.

Last edited:

phoenixmiko

Awards
Are there any more references to Kingdom Hearts in general in Ralph Breaks the Internet? Someone on Twitter the other day said there were two but did not elaborate.

ghostwarmen

Awards
It seems there a lot of people that want Princess and the Frog in KH3, but have that world in KH3 and Wreck-It Ralph turn out to be the new Disney World for KH Union X Cross that they hinted months ago doesn't make much sense to me.

- Princess and the Frog would fit KH Union X Cross story better.
- Wreck-it Ralph seems to be more popular and just got a sequel.
- Vanellope can be one of the new Princesses of Heart. Tiana could be one too, but I'm not sure if the new ones will be just from CGI Movies.
I’m going to have disagree. I feel that both would work really well with KH3, but if we’re going based on the princesses, PatF works better because Tiana is an actual princess, and the heartless and plot aspect would fit like a glove in KH3.

Not to say I don’t want Wreck it Ralph, I thought it was a shoe in, and a King Candy fight would’ve been sweet.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m going to have disagree. I feel that both would work really well with KH3, but if we’re going based on the princesses, PatF works better because Tiana is an actual princess, and the heartless and plot aspect would fit like a glove in KH3.

Not to say I don’t want Wreck it Ralph, I thought it was a shoe in, and a King Candy fight would’ve been sweet.

In my opinion, both deserve to be in KH3 about equally. They both have exciting villains that were practically designed for KH boss fights, creatures that can easily be replaced by KH enemy types with the friends on the other side being like the Heartless and the CyBugs being like the Bugs from Re:Coded. They each have unique environments that aren’t already covered in the game and they both feature potential Princesses of Heart. I’ll be bold and say that these two honestly deserve a spot in KH3 more than Tangled and Frozen considering how made to order they are for the game.

That all said, if we ignore KH3 and look solely at Union Cross, I think PatF would be a better fit for that game. It maintains that classic fairytale feel that Wreck It Ralph doesn’t have. I think the latter is much too modern day to naturally fit the atmosphere of Union Cross. But if I had to pick one or the other for KH3, I’d probably pick Princess and the Frog for the Facilier fight.

More than anything though, if they’re going to put worlds into Union Cross instead of a main game, they should add worlds that wouldn’t work as well in the main games. Dumbo, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and (sue me) Jungle Book come to mind.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That all said, if we ignore KH3 and look solely at Union Cross, I think PatF would be a better fit for that game. It maintains that classic fairytale feel that Wreck It Ralph doesn’t have. I think the latter is much too modern day to naturally fit the atmosphere of Union Cross.

I think it's kind of an oversight to pretend like the recent updates haven't been super-focused on data.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's kind of an oversight to pretend like the recent updates haven't been super-focused on data.

That’s important to keep in mind when predicting what the world will be, which Ralph is the safest prediction. However, I’m talking about my opinion of what film would actually fit best with the game as a whole. If Ralph ends up being the world, it will seem like the data worlds plot twist was contrived for the sole purpose of explaining how Ralph is a world in the game in the most complicated way possible. If they have to overcomplicate the series’ lore to justify this one world, I don’t think it’s a natural fit.

Besides, Nomura said at D23 that all the worlds in UX from here on out would be new to the series, meaning there won’t just be one more entirely new world coming. It’s also unlikely to be long before a second new world arrives since we typically only do a handful of quests in one world before leaving for another. Rather than introducing one major property with Wreck-It Ralph, why not bring in more fairytales and classic stories that are unlikely to be featured in a console game?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Xion also fits perfectly as a Seeker of Darkness for Sugar Rush because she's a protagonist aligned with antagonists, just like Ralph.

She may even befriend Ralph and Vanellope, whilst causing trouble for Sora, Donald and Goofy. As far as King Candy goes, he can align with Pete and Maleficent. He shows them a black box, and they provide him Heartless.

The Disney worlds in Union Cross have always been disconnected from the main story (because they've always been movie retreads). The only instance in which a Disney world has been directly linked to the lore was when Chirithy uses Master Ava's analogy about a hurt heart with The Beast.

Sure, the parallel is there, but it is a very loose parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back