• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 reference in Ralph Breaks the Internet? (Movie Spoilers!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
SPOILER WARNING: This thread will contain spoilers for Ralph Breaks the Internet, particularly how the characters end up at the end of the film as that is part of the potential reference’s context. Turn back now if you haven’t seen the film and want to go in blind.

SPOILERS from here on:

At the end of Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph and Vanellope are now in a long distance friendship as Vanellope decides to stay in an Internet video game. In one of the final scenes, Ralph and Vanellope video chat with each other and Ralph asks when they’ll be able to hang out in person again. Vanellope tells him her game will be getting an upgrade in a couple months, so she’ll have time off to come visit on “January 25th.”

Of course, this is Kingdom Hearts 3’s release date in Japan. While you could pass it off as a coincidence, I think it is curious that they chose this date of all possible dates or more generic points in time they could have used. Perhaps, this is a reference to Kingdom Hearts 3 being where Ralph and Vanellope will next appear together? We already have one of them, so it would only take Vanellope appearing in some capacity for this to be considered a reference to KH, even if only as headcanon.

What do you guys think? Is it possible this is a reference to Kingdom Hearts 3’s release date or is it just a coincidence that they chose that date?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I can't see how this could possibly be a coincidence. They happen to meet again on the very same day the game comes out in Japan? It has to be a hint at something more.

I'm not sure if this confirms Sugar Rush in KH3, but I feel we will see Vanellope in the game. Who knows she might actually be one of the new princess.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I can't see how this could possibly be a coincidence. They happen to meet again on the very same day the game comes out in Japan? It has to be a hint at something more.

I'm not sure if this confirms Sugar Rush in KH3, but I feel we will see Vanellope in the game. Who knows she might actually be one of the new princess.

Yeah, between this and the Sugar Rush-style Pudding Heartless, I’m feeling more confident than ever that Wreck-It Ralph will have more of a presence in KH3 than just his summon, even if it isn’t their world. I’m hoping there’s at least something akin to Sora meeting Stitch that serves as a way for us to get the Ralph summon and that could potentially involve Vanellope.

Rii

Awards
Perhaps Vanellope is a Princess, and Ralph went to save her like Beast and Belle in KH1? That would explain Sora meeting Ralph and being able to summon him?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Perhaps Vanellope is a Princess, and Ralph went to save her like Beast and Belle in KH1? That would explain Sora meeting Ralph and being able to summon him?

Yeah that’s a possibility! With so much data stuff, I could see one of our princesses being from a data world.

TheMostRad

Yeah that’s a possibility! With so much data stuff, I could see one of our princesses being from a data world.

This KHUX Shift Pride revelation and Maleficent have got me seeing data everywhere I look, so this actually makes more sense than not to me.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
As much as I want to believe that The Wreck It Ralph franchises presence will amount to more than just his summons appearance in KH3, but the whole situation with Nomura’s statement regarding a new Union Cross world makes less than confident in the ability to tell a cohesive story across such a long time gap (UnionX-KH3) even with extending beyond the current plot shown in the movies for obvious reasons (Vanellope’s age not changing).

With all that aside I am so happy to hear that even a subtle hint was made to KH3 and that there is now a greater possibility for Ralph and Vanellope’s involment in the greater scheme of KH3’s story. As fans of this series we should know that there a seldom any coincidences in concern to Kingdom Hearts, and chances are it was an intentional for those involved enough to be able to catch it. Great Work!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well if Vanellope is one of the new princess then that bumps us up to four aside from Kairi. She kind of reminds me of Alice in that she isnt based on an official Disney princess.

Pokie

Vanellope isn't in Kingdom Hearts 3 with Ralph, so think it was just a big coincidence.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Vanellope isn't in Kingdom Hearts 3 with Ralph, so think it was just a big coincidence.
We dont really know if Vanellope is or isnt in the game. For all we know Ralph and Vanellope could have a role outside of a summon, even if their world doesn't appear. If it's the new world in Union that could tie into KH3 somehow.

kingsoraful

Awards
I could Vanellope being one of the new 7 hearts just like Alice was for sure. But they're not gonna have WIR be a world in KH3. I think people need to stop with that it's not gonna happen. That has even less a chance of happening as TJB, TP, or Atlantis.

Pokie

Do you have a source that says she won’t be in the game?

No, but all we have seen so far from the Ralph summon is just, well, Ralph. She could be in the game, but at the moment, we haven't seen anything.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm going to throw my hat in now and say that the announcement on Cyber Monday is going to be Wreck-it Ralph related!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
No, but all we have seen so far from the Ralph summon is just, well, Ralph. She could be in the game, but at the moment, we haven't seen anything.

Exactly. So we can’t say she isn’t in the game until that is confirmed. :)

I'm going to throw my hat in now and say that the announcement on Cyber Monday is going to be Wreck-it Ralph related!

I’d dig that. It’d make sense too since their newest film is internet-based and even features Amazon. We’ll see, I guess!

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly. So we can’t say she isn’t in the game until that is confirmed. :)

I’d dig that. It’d make sense too sense their newest film is both internet-based and even features Amazon. We’ll see, I guess!

I love seeing you comment lol it's fun to discuss with you. I'm hoping to see WIR2 soon now that this little easter egg enhanced the hype

mytomxxx

If it is a easter egg it sure is a clever one. But I have my doubts, wouldn't they feature some kingdom hearts characters in the movie too if it is meant to be a easter?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If it is a easter egg it sure is a clever one. But I have my doubts, wouldn't they feature some kingdom hearts characters in the movie too if it is meant to be a easter?

I think Nomura may have not wanted them to use him. It would have meant acknowledging that Sora is just a video game character and that in turn could get confusing if the world is ever in KH. As much as I wanted a cameo, it might be for the best that we didn’t get one to not make things too meta if Ralph’s world is ever in the series.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Nomura may have not wanted them to use him. It would have meant acknowledging that Sora is just a video game character and that in turn could get confusing if the world is ever in KH. As much as I wanted a cameo, it might be for the best that we didn’t get one to not make things too meta if Ralph’s world is ever in the series.

I also think it's because he wouldn't want Sora to be a video game character in the world of WIR when Ralph will probably be a video game character in KH which would be a violent loop of paradox. If they, video game characters, know they'll meet again when a new game releases, KH, they still have the knowledge of being video game characters. However, if Sora, with no 4th wall breaking knowledge implying he's like us in this world, knew he was a video game character then that would mess all sorts of things up with Kingdom Hearts as a whole.

So without being too much more confusing, video games and the internet exist in this world we know because of mini games and Radiant Garden and so Ralph can exist there in his current form no problem so you're not changing his image at all. Sora, however, cannot exist in Wreck-It Ralph because he's a human and human's can't get sucked into the internet (IRL, because if we played by Tron rules we're in another painful loop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back