• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 reference in Ralph Breaks the Internet? (Movie Spoilers!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Looking back at the information from the Union Cross event that showed off the Kingdom Classic trailer, here's what I got regarding the new Union Cross world.

Q: What new world are you excited about travelling to for Union X?

A: "We're not able to disclose but maybe a hint? We're planning on incorporating a world never before seen in the series. A character from the mysterious world will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3. They will be available via a summon."

Technically, Stitch does fit into that category if we do indeed explore Hawaii. But so does Ralph. :/

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Looking back at the information from the Union Cross event that showed off the Kingdom Classic trailer, here's what I got regarding the new Union Cross world.

A: "We're not able to disclose but maybe a hint? We're planning on incorporating a world never before seen in the series. A character from the mysterious world will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3. They will be available via a summon."

Technically, Stitch does fit into that category if we do indeed explore Hawaii. But so does Ralph. :/

This is what was officially released by Square Enix:

QA02.png

Lovesponge

Awards

We however already had a Stitch world in Birth by Sleep. It wasn't Hawaii, but it still was a Stitch world.

Also I am really not counting Wreck it Ralph as a world. With the new movie I don't see them going back to Sugar Rush of the first movie and the internet is a little bit 'too big' to make it interesting. And already having a summon and then saying later on 'hey we also have a Ralph world', kills the momentum a bit.

Did we actually ever had a summon in a Kingdom Hearts-game that also has a playable world in that same game? Tinker Bell and Genie being the exception in Kingdom Hearts 1.

robotman

The thing I don't get is how are we meant to have a Ralph link if we haven't met him in the game before? Links are based on past connections, he has no connection to Ralph, so he has to meet him somewhere.

Maybe there'll be a small part in the Toy Story world where you can play a mini-racing game and you'll meet him like that. Either way he has to meet him somehow, on the other hand we had a Chicken Little and Stitch summon in KH2 and we didn't see them in previous games... Who knows *shrugs*.

Lovesponge

Awards
The thing I don't get is how are we meant to have a Ralph link if we haven't met him in the game before? Links are based on past connections, he has no connection to Ralph, so he has to meet him somewhere.

Maybe there'll be a small part in the Toy Story world where you can play a mini-racing game and you'll meet him like that. Either way he has to meet him somehow, on the other hand we had a Chicken Little and Stitch summon in KH2 and we didn't see them in previous games... Who knows *shrugs*.
You also had a Simba, Bambi and Mu-shu summon in the first game while you never had met them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You also had a Simba, Bambi and Mu-shu summon in the first game while you never had met them.

The way that Summons work in Kingdom Hearts III is that they're more like links from Birth by Sleep. Sora's summons are links of characters that Sora's already had adventures with. Ralph being the odd one out is intriguing because it breaks that convention entirely.

We however already had a Stitch world in Birth by Sleep. It wasn't Hawaii, but it still was a Stitch world.

Also I am really not counting Wreck it Ralph as a world. With the new movie I don't see them going back to Sugar Rush of the first movie and the internet is a little bit 'too big' to make it interesting. And already having a summon and then saying later on 'hey we also have a Ralph world', kills the momentum a bit.

Dream Drop Distance marketing was all about new Disney worlds at the time, yet Monstro returned under the guise of Pranksters Paradise. So you can technically make Hawaii a new world from Deep Space, even though it's using the same property.

Sugar Rush can be perfretly integrated into Kingdom Hearts III. Like Zip said, make Xion the Seeker of Darkness there, and have Sora, Donald and Goofy tag along with Sargent Calhoun and Fix-It Felix as party members.

Maybe Ralph being a summon obtained from Toy Box is a misdirect? And that we do obtain him as a summon after completing Sugar Rush. Or maybe he's a summon recieved after getting Classic Kingdom in the Gummiphone?

Lovesponge

Awards
The way that Summons work in Kingdom Hearts III is that they're more like links from Birth by Sleep. Sora's summons are links of characters that Sora's already had adventures with. Ralph being the odd one out is intriguing because it breaks that convention entirely.

Dream Drop Distance marketing was all about new Disney worlds at the time, yet Monstro returned under the guise of Pranksters Paradise. So you can technically make Hawaii a new world from Deep Space, even though it's using the same property.

Sugar Rush can be perfretly integrated into Kingdom Hearts III. Like Zip said, make Xion the Seeker of Darkness there, and have Sora, Donald and Goofy tag along with Sargent Calhoun and Fix-It Felix as party members.

Maybe Ralph being a summon obtained from Toy Box is a misdirect? And that we do obtain him as a summon after completing Sugar Rush. Or maybe he's a summon recieved after getting Classic Kingdom in the Gummiphone?
Do you really think they introduce Xion for the first time again in a Disney world? Aren't there any other characters that could be the 'Organization villain' for a Disney world? Or are all of them already 'assigned'?

The most logical moment is that he is a summon obtained after playing a certain mini-game. Maybe you can play the Wreck it Ralph game in Twilight Town or Toy Story or he just comes with Classic Kingdom indeed. A wreck it ralph-world at this stage just sounds really unlikely for me. But hey hope you are right, because I loved the new movie.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Do you really think they introduce Xion for the first time again in a Disney world? Aren't there any other characters that could be the 'Organization villain' for a Disney world? Or are all of them already 'assigned'?

Vanitas seems to introduce himself to Sora, Donald and Goofy in Monstropolis so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. It thematically fits too, Xion's was a good girl being used by the bad guys, Ralph is a good guy, but his role is to be the bad guy.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Vanitas seems to introduce himself to Sora, Donald and Goofy in Monstropolis so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. It thematically fits too, Xion's was a good girl being used by the bad guys, Ralph is a good guy, but his role is to be the bad guy.

There's also lots of memory altering in Sugar Rush from King Candy. Someone made a good comparison with Vanellope and Xion being unwanted rejects of their worlds/groups. If a Wreck It Ralph world exists, Xion would be perfect for it as she fits several themes of it. Memories, self-acceptance, being outcasted and most importantly of all Sugar Rush is made of sweets. She'd have a endless supply of ice cream there. Like everytime she appears there should be a different ice cream bar in her hand. Now I really want a Wreck It Ralph world lol.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Seems like this turned out to be a coincidence and all we got as Ralph as a Link, which doesn't even make sense. Unlike summons, links are supposed to be bonds we formed with characters we met before. KH3 description even reinforces this and yet Sora never met Ralph before.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Seems like this turned out to be a coincidence and all we got as Ralph as a Link, which doesn't even make sense. Unlike summons, links are supposed to be bonds we formed with characters we met before. KH3 description even reinforces this and yet Sora never met Ralph before.

Yeag I got nothing. Closing since the theory has been disproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back