• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 reference in Ralph Breaks the Internet? (Movie Spoilers!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I also think it's because he wouldn't want Sora to be a video game character in the world of WIR when Ralph will probably be a video game character in KH which would be a violent loop of paradox. If they, video game characters, know they'll meet again when a new game releases, KH, they still have the knowledge of being video game characters. However, if Sora, with no 4th wall breaking knowledge implying he's like us in this world, knew he was a video game character then that would mess all sorts of things up with Kingdom Hearts as a whole.

So without being too much more confusing, video games and the internet exist in this world we know because of mini games and Radiant Garden and so Ralph can exist there in his current form no problem so you're not changing his image at all. Sora, however, cannot exist in Wreck-It Ralph because he's a human and human's can't get sucked into the internet (IRL, because if we played by Tron rules we're in another painful loop)

Yeah exactly! That’s basically what I was trying to get at, but I couldn’t find the right words to explain the paradox Sora in Ralph would cause. Thanks for putting into words what I couldn’t! Lol :D

Writer_Man

Awards
I also think it's because he wouldn't want Sora to be a video game character in the world of WIR when Ralph will probably be a video game character in KH which would be a violent loop of paradox. If they, video game characters, know they'll meet again when a new game releases, KH, they still have the knowledge of being video game characters. However, if Sora, with no 4th wall breaking knowledge implying he's like us in this world, knew he was a video game character then that would mess all sorts of things up with Kingdom Hearts as a whole.

So without being too much more confusing, video games and the internet exist in this world we know because of mini games and Radiant Garden and so Ralph can exist there in his current form no problem so you're not changing his image at all. Sora, however, cannot exist in Wreck-It Ralph because he's a human and human's can't get sucked into the internet (IRL, because if we played by Tron rules we're in another painful loop)
...Yazora, remember. Just need the resemblance.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the situation with Toy Box and Yozora are different from the paradox that would exist if Sora was in Ralph Breaks the Internet. With the latter, it would create a paradox like TruestSyn explained. In Toy Box, it’s more that Rex is confusing SDG with characters from a game that we don’t see, so the meta aspect is indirect. It’s not straight up saying that Kingdom Hearts is a video game within itself. Rather, Yozora is likely a reference to Noctis Caelum since the names carry the same meaning and we’ve seen advertisements in Galaxy Toys for a game called “Verum Rex” made by Square Enix, which roughly means True King.

EDIT:

Ok guys, this one from Disney Magic Kingdoms is real suspicious:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the situation with Toy Box and Yozora are different from the paradox that would exist if Sora was in Ralph Breaks the Internet. With the latter, it would create a paradox like TruestSyn explained. In Toy Box, it’s more that Rex is confusing SDG with characters from a game that we don’t see, so the meta aspect is indirect. It’s not straight up saying that Kingdom Hearts is a video game within itself. Rather, Yozora is likely a reference to Noctis Caelum since the names carry the same meaning and we’ve seen advertisements in Galaxy Toys for a game called “Verum Rex” made by Square Enix, which roughly means True King.

EDIT:

Ok guys, this one from Disney Magic Kingdoms is real suspicious:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

All the hints are there that it'll be a world omg

EDIT: also thanks, it's hard to explain paradoxes lol

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
For Disney magic kingdoms stuff there were always sea salt icecream in Disney world Tokyo before kingdom hearts started

ghostwarmen

Awards
All the hints are there that it'll be a world omg

EDIT: also thanks, it's hard to explain paradoxes lol
I really, really doubt it’s a world. It really seems it’s the UX world, wouldn’t get hopes up too much.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, hate to double post but just watched Ralph Wrecks the Internet and there is NO WAY THAT'S JUST COINCIDENCE. The passive attitude, the fact they started showing trailers in theaters around the time the movie hit, the fact thats exactly how Disney easter eggs are treated, and the countless insane references to all things Disney, they were definitely talking about Kingdom Hearts the way they said "thats like two months away it'll fly by". WIR world in KH3, this better get my prediction KHI trophy!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, hate to double post but just watched Ralph Wrecks the Internet and there is NO WAY THAT'S JUST COINCIDENCE. The passive attitude, the fact they started showing trailers in theaters around the time the movie hit, the fact thats exactly how Disney easter eggs are treated, and the countless insane references to all things Disney, they were definitely talking about Kingdom Hearts the way they said "thats like two months away it'll fly by". WIR world in KH3, this better get my prediction KHI trophy!

Right!? I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees it that way. It seemed like they went out of the way to mention that date, didn’t it? Generally, moments like these in Disney films are left with a generic “see ya real soon” or something. They don’t really put a specific time stamp on it. Like Vanellope might have just said something along the lines of, “My game is getting upgraded in a few weeks, so we can hang out then!” But instead, they chose that specific date and time frame. Very suspicious.

Riku's Hair

Awards
I was really surprised when I heard her say that at the end of the movie! I 100% believe it was a Kingdom Hearts 3 reference! A Wreck-It Ralph world would be hilarious because they could keep going with the Yozora thing from Toy Story where everyone is acting like they know him and Sora has no idea what they're talking about. It would also be funny if the real Yozora showed up at some point. Maybe the Wreck-It Ralph arcade game is in the Toy Story world!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just watched the movie and absolutely loved it! Though I was confused about the cameo. But now that you gave context to it, all I can say is...

OH MY GOD, WRECK-IT RALPH IS GOING TO BE IN KINGDOM HEARTS III AS A WORLD.

And before anyone says "but Union X", there's no way the reference was for a mobile game that the general public is not aware of.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I just watched the movie and absolutely loved it! Though I was confused about the cameo. But now that you gave context to it, all I can say is...

And before anyone says "but Union X", there's no way the reference was for a mobile game that the general public is not aware of.

If they reveal both PatF and Wreck-It Ralph for KH3 this month, my hype levels will cause me to combust. Lol

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well if Sugar Rush is in the game hopefully they show a new summon on the December 10th trailer.

If they reveal both PatF and Wreck-It Ralph for KH4 this month, my hype levels will cause me to combust. Lol

You mean KH3, lol

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Right, it makes much more sense for them to be talking about the Japanese release date of a game maybe 10% of the audience is going to play.

Sdog

Awards
Right, it makes much more sense for them to be talking about the Japanese release date of a game maybe 10% of the audience is going to play.

To be fair, and i'm not trying to be a downer, but 10% is a very generous number.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, the film full of niche video game and internet references is absolutely unlikely to reference a AAA video game featuring its main character. But even in that slim chance it is a KH reference, it’s definitely more likely to be referring to Union Cross since that game has no known connection to 1/25/19 and won’t see that new world in Global until May at the earliest.

ImVentus

Awards
How exactly is that reference gonna refer to film markets that release the film in January & then February in some countries? By the time KH3 will be on console? I wouldn't raise my expectations so high for what's left to reveal. And it still doesn't make any sense with Nomura's statement about that Summon he was promoting this spring. We saw no other newly introduced Disney IP in the trailers as a summon, no matter how analyzed in detail. And why would Nomura turn back on his word? Ralph was the only new IP to show up as a summon.
Is there going to be some connection with having two Ralph worlds in two seperate systems?

Also don't come with "general public doesn't know about the mobile game" Please! They've introduced a lot of new, young fans through the mobile game. Surely ever since Unchained released, people not interested in the series got notificated by their friends and tried it out.

And if, by some chance the characters have a world featured in KH3, I sure to hell hope that they've chosen to tell that story before the events of the sequel. So we can spend time in the arcade.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
If they reveal both PatF and Wreck-It Ralph for KH3 this month, my hype levels will cause me to combust. Lol

I don't know about that I mean it might be too late for a Wreck-It-Ralph world for Kingdom Hearts 3 since Ralph is already a Summon and i don't know if The Princess and the Frog will be a World or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back