• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 & Re: DDD Bundle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Remember back in '07 when SE blew everyone's minds by giving Japan the bundle of KH2FM packaged with the newly released Re: Chain of Memories? Given both SE's history of "Re" KH games combined with the addition of the touchpad on the new PS4 controller, Re: DDD on the PS4 is more than a simple possibility.

Let's take a look at previous KH games that have held the "Re" title...
- Chain of Memories, this one took a humble GBA game and completely revamped it taking it's quality to that of KH2
- Coded, this one went from cellphone game to DS game. It should also be noted that while this game is easily the least popular out of the series it still received this upgrade.

In addition to those two, three other games received final mix editions which all added more content to the original game, those being...
- KH1
- KH2
- BbS

Finally, the ReMIX titles as Nomura has put in the past (I'm paraphrasing) are an attempt to make it easier to play through the series by them being on one system. These ReMIX titles are bundles that include most of the series while we currently have a 1.5 ReMIX, Nomura has repetitively noted plans for a 2.5 ReMIX, the possible games left for a 2.5 remix include...
- Kingdom Hearts 2
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Given the recent release of DDD and the prominent touchpad features, it seems doubtful that DDD would be included in a 2.5 ReMIX and since the last ReMIX held 3 games it seems pretty likely that KH 2.5 ReMIX will contain KH2FM, BbSFM, and Re: Coded. Also, given how it will be at least a year between the releases of 1.5 ReMIX (2013), 2.5 ReMIX (2014), and KH3 (2015), DDD (released 2012) probably wouldn't be released alongside anything but KH3

TL;DR? Let's review...
- Back in '07 CoM got an upgrade in a bundle with KH2FM
- The PS4 controller is perfect for a console port of DDD
- Nearly every game in this series thus far has been either remade or had a final mix
- DDD doesn't seem likely for 2.5 ReMIX
- Timing doesn't seem right until at least KH3 release

State

Awards
Technically speaking, SE could bundle KH2FM with Re: CoM because both are PS2 titles, but bundling KH2.5 ReMix with DDD is assuming you have both a 3DS and a PS3, which, in business, you cannot assume some things, so yeah, I doubt this bundle would happen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Technically speaking, SE could bundle KH2FM with Re: CoM because both are PS2 titles, but bundling KH2.5 ReMix with DDD is assuming you have both a 3DS and a PS3, which, in business, you cannot assume some things, so yeah, I doubt this bundle would happen.
I think he's asking if it would work, having DDD remade and re-released with KH3, not as it's original on the 3DS with 2.5 HD.

State

Awards
I think he's asking if it would work, having DDD remade and re-released with KH3, not as it's original on the 3DS with 2.5 HD.
Uh, my bad, sorry. d^.^

Personally, it would work, but wouldn't reworking a game like DDD for the PS4 and Kingdom Shader be too much of a project? I dunno, but leaving that argument aside, yeah, DDD with KH3 would work, it's the game right before it, remastered beautifully.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's a cool thought and honestly, I'd like it to happen just because I'd like to see DDD on the big screen (the 3DSXL is not big enough haha) but I don't think it will happen.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What's the point? Absolutely no one would be playing RE:DDD first. Once you have KH3 in your hands, that's what you're gonna be playing ASAP.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Uh, my bad, sorry. d^.^

Personally, it would work, but wouldn't reworking a game like DDD for the PS4 and Kingdom Shader be too much of a project? I dunno, but leaving that argument aside, yeah, DDD with KH3 would work, it's the game right before it, remastered beautifully.

They wouldn't use the Kingdom Shader for one thing.

Second, they don't really have the spare manpower for a project like that. Who is going to work on it? Osaka is busy working on KH3 and that will take all of their available staff to work on all of the assets and whatnot, and then 2.5 which has a small number of staff working on it. Tokyo has got their hands busy with Final Fantasy XV and whatever other secret projects they've yet to reveal.

There are no free hands to work on a remake like that for the PS4.

Also this:

What's the point? Absolutely no one would be playing RE:DDD first. Once you have KH3 in your hands, that's what you're gonna be playing ASAP.

Exactly. Nobody will spend any time to play KH3D if they have KH3 to play.

I can see KH3D in 2.5 if it is possible for them to make it work or if they just condense it into a movie format, but I cannot see them taking time out of KH3's development time to work on KH3D when the masses are all screaming "KH3"

BagelBreath

Awards
I don't think it'll happen, but I'd love it if it did. I hope they remake DDD eventually, even if they do it after KH3.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Honestly, the best bet is that Dream Drop Distance and re:Coded get the "Day Movie" treatment. A full remake of KH3D would take too much time and manpower, something Square Enix doesn't have at the moment.

axel95

Awards
I'd love love LOVE to see this, but it likely won't happen.
Honestly, the best bet is that Dream Drop Distance and re:Coded get the "Day Movie" treatment. A full remake of KH3D would take too much time and manpower, something Square Enix doesn't have at the moment.
This is way more likely than a full remake of DDD.

State

Awards
the best bet is that Dream Drop Distance and re:Coded get the "Day Movie" treatment.
I concur with you on DDD, but not on coded. I think they can rework coded for it to be ported to the PS3 quite easily.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I concur with you on DDD, but not on coded. I think they can rework coded for it to be ported to the PS3 quite easily.

What? KH3D would have the better chance than Re:coded. That game was made on DS hardware, and up-porting would be a lot harder because of the models and environments being very low-quality. They'd have to make a lot of stuff up from scratch considering the different gameplay styles and world layouts.

KH3D doesn't have that issue because the game itself relied on existing textures and models as well as used new ones they made for the game and it looks like a console game squeezed into a handheld.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
DDD would be the easiest of the Nintendo portables to port.

I assume you think Coded would be the primary candidate because of the little sprite/avatars they use for dialogue?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like the idea, but I think if they did make a Re:DDD it would come out after KH3. I could somewhat easily see it being included in a Seeker of Darkness Collection if they ever want to do something like that.

Wave57

Awards
The most likely scenario I can see is them including a "DDD movie" in with KHIII.
That was people can get caught up if they didn't play DDD.

To add to that, it would be really smart if they added in some kind of story synopsis of all of the games prior, or all of them in movie form. It'd be a great way for people to get caught up.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Like BBS, I can definitely entertain the thought of them porting it (a bit unlikely) to the console. It's likely that it won't wouldn't share the spotlight of KHIII upon initial release, but perhaps later. As with Re:COM, I can envision them releasing Kingdom Hearts III -FINAL MIX- (or 3.5 -ReMIX?) with either a port of DDD:FM/Re:DDD or a movie of DDD.

I can't for the life of me see this on 2.5, however practical it may be.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I like the idea, but I think if they did make a Re:DDD it would come out after KH3. I could somewhat easily see it being included in a Seeker of Darkness Collection if they ever want to do something like that.

I could see them doing that if they included it in like a 4 game package (1.5, 2.5, KH3, Re:DDD) but the problem is that those 4 games will be spread out across 2 consoles which are NOT compatible with one another (PS3 and PS4) so as soon as KH3 was announced for PS4, I saw the option of a huge SoD Chronicles Collection for those who don't pick up KH until after KH3 is already out pretty much nonexistent.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I could see them doing that if they included it in like a 4 game package (1.5, 2.5, KH3, Re:DDD) but the problem is that those 4 games will be spread out across 2 consoles which are NOT compatible with one another (PS3 and PS4) so as soon as KH3 was announced for PS4, I saw the option of a huge SoD Chronicles Collection for those who don't pick up KH until after KH3 is already out pretty much nonexistent.

Well that's true, so unless they can easily port the ReMix games to the PS4 it's quite unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back