• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH3 Premiere: Part 1: The Developer Panel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Premiere: Part 1: The Developer Panel

A bugs life to keep with the new Sora transformations.

Poor Gexus may lose his mind if that were to happen (do it SE!)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I think that world could work if you keep it independent from Xehanort or Maleficent(can't imagine a reason for either of them to be there.)

Wonder what insect SDG would be?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

If I were to pick another Pixar world, it would be this. Jason Katz and Tasha Sounart are the Pixar consultants and both worked on that movie. Also, it is one of Pixar’s first three IPs with Toy Story and Monster’s Inc.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If I were to pick another Pixar world, it would be this. Jason Katz and Tasha Sounart are the Pixar consultants and both worked on that movie. Also, it is one of Pixar’s first three IPs with Toy Story and Monster’s Inc.

Really? Okay now I really could see a Bug's Life being used in KH3. Even if it is just a filler world

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I mean, was it ever said darkness prevailing changes the worlds? I always thought worlds would just get erased again, which sorta makes it hard to set the next saga in a universe like that lol. Maybe if it happened slowly like in Kh1.

The series has always been pretty vague about it, but I think if Darkness prevails it should all look like End of the World, or like the Realm of Darkness.
Maybe with just one huge Traverse Town as this universe's only city.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Personally, I feel that we have all the Pixar worlds confirmed. For Kingdom Hearts II, the evolution was Live-Action properties like Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron, and for this game, the evolution definitely seems to be Pixar with Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

A Bugs Life is arguably the most niche feature film in Pixar's library right now (outside The Good Dinosaur but that was a commercial flop). So I really don't see it making it in this game against all the blockbuster properties that have been confirmed thus far.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I hope not. If we didn't have Toy Story and Tangled then it would be fine for the most part but i just can't take anymore similar themed worlds.

The Ship in Wall-E seems like it would make a great level and it'll at least be completely different environment.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If not Bug's Life what about Finding Nemo? We could get a second underwater world since Atlantica isn't returning

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

If not Bug's Life what about Finding Nemo? We could get a second underwater world since Atlantica isn't returning

I'm not sure how a Finding Nemo world would even work. Got any suggestions?

Clusterf*** ending confirmed. I really wish they'd clarify if it's 30% of Toy Box's story or size. The world looks small but if there was 70% more, I think it would have been shown.

The entire context of that quote was referring to the size and scale of the world.

Meow Wow

Awards

Aww come on! You guys don't want Sora to turn into a car? Cars is CLEARLY the better option

Note: that was intended to be sarcastic. Having a cars world would suck.

Awards

Keyblade transformations would have to be totally reworked or just not used at all. As cute as a fish Sora would be, I'm not sure how much fun it would be to play. An underwater world in UE4 sounds amazing though.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

With all these gameplay mechanics i just have a hard time seeing how finding nemo could work. You'll pretty much be locked from using the vast majority of your abilities. Doesn't really sound fun.

Cakeberry

I just want Winnie the Pooh back. Such cute friendship.

Also I used to dread having Frozen be in KH3 because I hated the movie and thought the world would be super boring, but after seeing this demo I'm looking forward to any and every world, regardless of my opinion on the movies.

Leaferian

Awards

I would love it if they'd announce an Incredibles world at E3. It's just in time for the opening weekend of Incredibles 2, and as long as they set it on the island from the first movie it wouldn't have to be all urban/industrial. We could have jungle ruins and lava pits and lakes~ Plus, I would just die to see Edna Mode designing Sora, Donald, and Goofy super costumes.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I just want Winnie the Pooh back. Such cute friendship.

Also I used to dread having Frozen be in KH3 because I hated the movie and thought the world would be super boring, but after seeing this demo I'm looking forward to any and every world, regardless of my opinion on the movies.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Keyblade transformations would have to be totally reworked or just not used at all. As cute as a fish Sora would be, I'm not sure how much fun it would be to play. An underwater world in UE4 sounds amazing though.

With all these gameplay mechanics i just have a hard time seeing how finding nemo could work. You'll pretty much be locked from using the vast majority of your abilities. Doesn't really sound fun.
That's true, I didn't give much thought to how much fish Sora would affect gameplay, lol.

I'm not sure how a Finding Nemo world would even work. Got any suggestions?

The entire context of that quote was referring to the size and scale of the world.

Gameplay issues aside, you could have Maleficent or Pete search the ocean to find clues for the Black Box. They could kidnap Nemo if he happened to find anything useful while straying from his dad.

horto12485

Awards

I would love it if they'd announce an Incredibles world at E3. It's just in time for the opening weekend of Incredibles 2, and as long as they set it on the island from the first movie it wouldn't have to be all urban/industrial. We could have jungle ruins and lava pits and lakes~ Plus, I would just die to see Edna Mode designing Sora, Donald, and Goofy super costumes.

No it'll be too similar to the Big Hero 6 World.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Here for this too. So much could be done with Nomanisan Island. Volcano, jungle, lakes, underwater caverns, secret entrances in and out of Syndrome’s Lair all over the Island, the monorail system. It’d be epic. Most people just don’t want more superheroes. But I say bring them on as Big Hero 6 and Incredibles are two very different takes on the genre, in my opinion.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Here for this too. So much could be done with Nomanisan Island. Volcano, jungle, lakes, underwater caverns, secret entrances in and out of Syndrome’s Lair all over the Island, the monorail system. It’d be epic. Most people just don’t want more superheroes. But I say bring them on as Big Hero 6 and Incredibles are two very different takes on the genre, in my opinion.

As superhero movies, they are two very different takes. Visually, the Incredibles are like The Fantastic Four whilst Big Hero 6 is more akin to Power Rangers. But fundamentally, they're both still superhero properties with conemporary city locales. They're way too simiar to each other thematically.

I say don't bring them on. There's plenty of untapped Disney Animation properties that would provide more thematic and gameplay variety than any of the Pixar cinematic slate.

Cakeberry

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

edit: my friend would DIE if Incredibles was in KH (in a good way), and I'd usually be excited for it since I love the movie, but I also think they should maybe leave it for another game since we already have Big Hero 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back