• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3... On the Wii?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
That would be a disaster in my opinion.
I never even play the Wii anymore. If they decide to put it on a last gen system like the Wii, I say just make it for PS2 as well so I don't have to bother with those silly motion controls.

First, the PS2 is pretty much dying if not already dead. The Wii is still alive and kicking. And also, why would they put motion control if in Days they didn't even use the Dual Screen method? It would be the same as always.

PS3 is the only system I really want to see it on, (my 360 is not doing so good) and i can't imagine Nomura would put a numbered title on the Wii anyhow.

Except he's said he was interested on a KH on the Wii before.

If it's on the DS I think I'll give up on KH completely. I loved the story in Days, but imo the game play was annoying and painful.

It was basically the same thing from all the other KH's, just a Panel system was added in, which actually made the game harder to me.

However, a side story on the Wii might be nice.

And so would be a main story or an in-between like the Mystery KH.

raycat27_2003

Awards
I think that KH3 should be on the PS3 and all other side games should be on a handheld. The KH series started on a console and finish that way.

thebatman

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
No no no no no no no no no and NO!
For the love of everything I care about about NO! I REALLY WANT KINGDOM HEARTS TO REMAIN A PLAYSTATION GAME!
I had to deal with COM for the gameboy but I was overly happy when they made Re:COM for the PS2! and with Days I am OK with it being on the DS! I AM HAPPY ABOUT BBS BEING ON THE PSP but PLEASE NO WII FOR KH3!

Dude, calm down. It's only speculation, and I, personally, would like to see this, Square Enix should try all the consoles and see what they're good at. Really, though, if they wanted to do it for the motion controls, the PS3 has the magic wand, right? So, if they do it on the Wii, they'd probably also release it for PS3 for the Magic Wand, and maybe even Xbox 360.

Raebus

I was expecting a thread full of hilarious posts with half of them coming from overreacting fans of KH and I was not disappointed. :)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
if they do this this will be the biggest mistake of there life.

I doubt that. How would it be bad?

i mean you have to put kh3 on the ps3.

Not really.

kh3 would be the best on the ps3.the controls would be different,

Last time I checked, the controllers were basically the same (not the Wiimote)

the graphics would suck,

KH doesn't take advantage of graphics like FF does, though. So that wouldn't be a problem, either. I mean, look at Brawl.

and no one would buy it.

That's highly doubtful.

and to add on to that people bought ps3's just for this game and then they find out that its on the wii.

Ummm, since when has anyone bought a PS3 only for KH? That's kind of retarded.

then everyone would have to go out and buy wii's.all i got to say is that they absolutely cant put kh3 on the wii it would just stand out more on ps3

Yeah, again, I fail to see your logic.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Well i don't know, sure to see a KH game on the Wii will be intresting as to how they will use the censor but then again the arc is coming now so it's the same thing.

Also i own a PS3 so it's ony natural for me to want it there but maybe we will see a multi-platform that's also a possibility.

The time will tell.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
if they do this this will be the biggest mistake of there life.

If it makes a cash cow, then it would be far from a mistake.

i mean you have to put kh3 on the ps3.

No they don't.

kh3 would be the best on the ps3.

Says you.

the controls would be different,the graphics would suck

And people thought the same thing about CoM, BBS, Days and Coded. See how things turned out for those games? The team that worked on the games did their best to work around a good control scheme, and for the most part the games handled well.

Also for the last time, graphics don't make or break a game, they only enhance storytelling. If the gameplay is great, the story is up to par but the graphics aren't then why complain? I understand everyone has their own set of standards, but it's not always about visuals. Look at KH2, it looked amazing for its time, but the gameplay and plot suffered in retrospect.

and to add on to that people bought ps3's just for this game and then they find out that its on the wii.then everyone would have to go out and buy wii's.

People who do that in the first place are idiot fanboys :| so it's no question that if said scenario were to happen that they'd deserve to be disappointed.

all i got to say is that they absolutely cant put kh3 on the wii it would just stand out more on ps3

IMO it would be the other way around all things considered.

If they decide to put it on a last gen system like the Wii, I say just make it for PS2 as well so I don't have to bother with those silly motion controls.

Last gen IS PS2, Wii is 7th gen (Stay out of it telven...), and despite the wii's main gimmick of motion control that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a core part of the gameplay.

moonstar_xo

I honestly wouldn't care THAT much if it was on the Wii. Although I'd rather a less important KH game go on the Wii if one game absolutely had to. Like a remake or maybe that mystery KH game that has yet to be announced (it it's not actually KH3 )

Jienum

I doubt it very much. If KH3 is going to be a MAIN title, it'll HAVE to be for the Playstation series (PS3, most likely). All the main games, such as KH, KH2 and BbS, have all been for the PS series. The sidestories were for other consoles.

Nah. KH3, the supposed finale of the series, will HAVE to be for the PS3. The Wii would just be too......I dunno, anticlimactic.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
Hey everybody!

Interesting news today, Disney CEO Bob Iger was asked about the "company's current approach to the video game market when compared to the introduction of Disney Interactive Studios in 2007". He replies saying "that the company would be publishing fewer titles for "high-end" systems, but suggested that the company may soon be publishing Marvel-based titles to make up for the shift."

He also states that "Disney-branded games seem to perform better on the Wii and DS platforms."

For those of you who don't know, Disney purchased Marvel a while back. Could this mean that the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III, and any other related games, could be on the Wii or Nintendo DS? Anything is possible.

Source: NeoGAF.com, IDG News Service.

If you read it carefully, it said they would be producing less games for the"high end systems", not entirely eliminating the possibility.

I have a Wii, but I rather play it on my PS3. As ignorant as it sounds I want to see it in current gen HQ graphics...........I've been spoiled.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It might not have that big of an impact on which console KH3 goes on. 8D; Disney only really has control over the copyrights and gets to say what goes into Kingdom Hearts games and what doesn't. Square has control over the development, so they should have the say in what console KH3 goes on.

Though, putting it on Wii wouldn't be bad. SWORD SWINGINGGGGG! :D

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I just hope it wouldn't be anything like Twilight Princess. Gimmick wore off fast. Though it WAS a Gamecube game and they only had six months to implement the controls, so maybe if KH3 was built from the ground up for the platform we might end up with something better.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Let's face it though. the only people who would prefer KH3 was on the Wii are the people who ONLY own a Wii.
I just highly doubt it will be on the Wii.
I want my Kingdom Hearts 3 in HD.

Allister Rose

French Lover
this really isnt much, i mean, it's not really an interview from square enix who are the ones who decide what platform it will be on.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
[size=1 [B]Disney only really has control over the copyrights and gets to say what goes into Kingdom Hearts games and what doesn't. Square has control over the development, so they should have the say in what console KH3 goes on. [/B]
[/size]

That's why I said Square would probably just give them the finger. Disney has tried to convince Square to do various things with the series, but for the most part Square just tells them to get bent.

And after looking at my wii controller, I realized that gameplay for a KH game on that system isn't impossible, but even if it does happen, it won't be 3. Nomura had said that the next project would be developed by the Osaka team that made BBS along with the regular Tokyo team. Those people aren't used to working on platforms besides the Playstaton consoles, at least not when making a KH game. There was something else I wanted to say but I forgot.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
That's why I said Square would probably just give them the finger. Disney has tried to convince Square to do various things with the series, but for the most part Square just tells them to get bent.
You really have no idea how game development works, do you?

If Disney doesn't want something, then it won't haoppen, because Disney owns 90% of the Kingdom Hearts intellectual property. Disney owns Sora, Disney owns Riku, Disney owns Roxas, Disney owns Traverse Town, Disney owns the Keyblade, Disney owns the Gummi Ship, Disney owns everything that is not explicitly a Square-Enix property. For Square-Enix to make use of those intellectual properties in a way that the company who owns the rights to it does not agree with is illegal.

A good example is that for the entire development process of Kingdom Hearts 1 Disney would not allow the very visgae of Mickey Mouse to be present in the game. Square-Enix wanted King Mickey to have an intergral involvement in the story, and Disney said that he could only be referenced and characterized through text and not appearance. The only time Mickey was allowed to be shown directly were within the last 2 minutes of the game where he was only allowed to be a silhouette and a single spoken line.

Game development is not "one says they're gonna do one thing and the other can fuck off", because it's a negotiation process. Disney and Square-Enix will negotiate the various merits of developing the game for which of the available consoles, but in the end the entire series is Disney's intellectual property, and it's Disney's publishing and localization studios that bring the games to America and Europe...which is 70% of who will eventually buy a Kingdom Hearts game

Which, as this article brings up, Disney Interactive Studios (which is the studio that publishes and localizes Kingdom Hearts in America) is working based on the financial model that their heavily Disney-influenced games work best on the Wii/DS consoles, because that's where that demographic is.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
You really have no idea how game development works, do you?

If Disney doesn't want something, then it won't haoppen, because Disney owns 90% of the Kingdom Hearts intellectual property. Disney owns Sora, Disney owns Riku, Disney owns Roxas, Disney owns Traverse Town, Disney owns the Keyblade, Disney owns the Gummi Ship, Disney owns everything that is not explicitly a Square-Enix property. For Square-Enix to make use of those intellectual properties in a way that the company who owns the rights to it does not agree with is illegal.

I didn't say Square did things that Disney didn't like, only that they didn't always do what Disney said. It's a collaboration, the game is owned by both companies. Square can turn down some of Disney's suggestions, and if Disney decides they can deal with it, they deal with it, and vice versa.

Soxas

Let's face it though. the only people who would prefer KH3 was on the Wii are the people who ONLY own a Wii.
I just highly doubt it will be on the Wii.
I want my Kingdom Hearts 3 in HD.
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.i mean i have a wii but even i still want it on the ps3!i just got a ps3 mostly because of kh3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back