• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH3 Nomura Interview with Dengeki: Mt. Olympus, Happy Ending, Post-KH3 Direction Undecided

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmaster34

It is all one world.

Nomura says it is "new" because it is new in that we've never explored Mt. Olympus before.

Nomura has called it a returning world in other interviews.
so I am guessing this year D23 event will be the one the determines whats new and whats coming back for both worlds and game play that has not bean conformed right ?

Precursor Mar

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they're making KH3 as flashy as possible. I want the game to blow me away just like KH2 did when I first played it.

And why does everyone keep asking him to reveal more worlds? As if he's going to do that over an interview.

anniinan

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they're making KH3 as flashy as possible. I want the game to blow me away just like KH2 did when I first played it.

And why does everyone keep asking him to reveal more worlds? As if he's going to do that over an interview.

Yeah well, they have to at least try even though everyone knows Nomura's answer already

TheOtherPromise

<p><strong>-- Around what time will KINGDOM HEARTS III be released?</strong></p>
<p><strong>Nomura</strong>: Its scheduling has been decided but I can't answer that yet. In order to enjoy the anticipation for this expansion, we are now promoting the production towards completion.</p>
I take this to mean they're almost done. So is it reasonable to say KH 3 could be release in 2016? Or is that just wishful thinking?
tbh I kind of wanted KH3D to be release first.

SephirothZ

I take this to mean they're almost done. So is it reasonable to say KH 3 could be release in 2016? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I personally think it is reasonable. However, even though it is reasonable, 2017 is still more likely. FFXV in early 2016 and KH3 in late 2016. With all the other games coming in 2016, that could be the best year in video game history.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Even Japanese press is hungry for more world info. We've had nothing for months and now we are getting so much. Who wouldn't ask is more like the question.

TheOtherPromise

I personally think it is reasonable. However, even though it is reasonable, 2017 is still more likely. FFXV in early 2016 and KH3 in late 2016. With all the other games coming in 2016, that could be the best year in video game history.
I'm so excited for next year!! I just hope all these awesome games live up to the hype.
So far KH 3 sounds great. I haven't heard any news about it thats bothered me yet.

Smithee

Awards
I want KH3 to actually have a happy ending for once.

No more bittersweet Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

He's referring to the team entering full production with all of the concepts and key details having been decided, since they can begin to be more open and give more progress updates. A 2016 release is possible, but at least in my opinion, 2017 is more realistic.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nomura: In the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I don’t think there has been an actual happy ending. KINGDOM HEARTS II is close to it. Since most of the titles have ended in cliffhangers, we’re worried about what we should include in KINGDOM HEARTS III.
Well not a cliffhanger, obviously. I'm fine with a happy ending (as long as it's not an "everybody lives" ending) but I care more about closer.

Nomura: As for the paths of various characters that fans care about, it has already been determined. The scenario was also determined in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. Especially “which characters would come back” and “who are the 7 lights and 13 darknesses” has been decided. Don’t worry, they will play a huge part.
Keyblades for everybody!
B-But what about the characters we don't care about? Will they get thrown into a volcano or something?

Nomura: Because KINGDOM HEARTS III is a culmination of everything so far, everyone is aware that they want a finale. Because of this and in order to put an end to it, I believe it shouldn’t be disappointing.
This sounds like the secret movie could be more of an epilogue than a teaser (could still have a teaser though.)

Nomura: In November, Disney will be holding “D23 Japan Expo 2015” and within the event, there will be a KINGDOM HEARTS fan event in November 3rd. Here, we plan to issue new information. Although voice actors have appeared for the event in 2013, this year’s content has been undecided. For more information, please wait for further announcement.
November can't get here fast enough.

Anyway I liked this interview and thanks for the translation Zephyr!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Interesting. It looks like we're going to get a confirmation date at around D23 this year.

As far as having a happy ending goes, I'm all for it so long as it's actually done well enough. As others have already mentioned, I really want closure for this saga. I don't want it to be like L.A. Noire where we get nothing beyond Cole's funeral.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
B-But what about the characters we don't care about? Will they get thrown into a volcano or something?

That would be aaawesome! See ya later, Kairi-nator!
I also wondered how they determine which characters the fans care about the most. Was there something like a poll that I missed? I sure know I'm going to throw Nomura himself into a volcano if Vanitas doesn't get a proper return, but...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well not a cliffhanger, obviously. I'm fine with a happy ending (as long as it's not an "everybody lives" ending) but I care more about closer.

Same. I want everybody to get a happy ending but realistically not everybody is going to come out of this unscathed.

But there can be happiness even in loss.

RIP Kairi. We knew you so little.

Lol they probably won't get as much time as other characters...

RIP Kairi. You existed.

Interesting. It looks like we're going to get a confirmation date at around D23 this year.

I hope so ;~;

That would be aaawesome! See ya later, Kairi-nator!
I also wondered how they determine which characters the fans care about the most. Was there something like a poll that I missed? I sure know I'm going to throw Nomura himself into a volcano if Vanitas doesn't get a proper return, but...

They visit online forums like this and other comment sections elsewhere along with polls taken in the past.

Antar

Awards
Nomura: There's the Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformations, teaming up with party members, as well as Free Run. However, it's not necessary to use them all. The player is free to fight in a style that suits them. Because we have prepared many choices, I believe you can choose freely.

That's good to hear! I was wondering if Attraction Flow would be forced but it's good that everything is optional. Like the summons in the past KH games. Who knows, I'll probably like Attraction Flow when I try it.

Aurum-Femina

Whoaaa, did he really say coffee cup? Is this a cultural difference, or are they distancing themselves from precise Disney Park attractions? (Apologies, this was probably the only thing I just had to comment on.) I'm super excited about all this new info pouring out! It's pretty much all caught up to the demo clips revealed last December at the 2.5 launch event (at least what I remember of the video!) and then much, much more! :))

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Whoaaa, did he really say coffee cup? Is this a cultural difference, or are they distancing themselves from precise Disney Park attractions? (Apologies, this was probably the only thing I just had to comment on.) I'm super excited about all this new info pouring out! It's pretty much all caught up to the demo clips revealed last December at the 2.5 launch event (at least what I remember of the video!) and then much, much more! :))

If I remember correctly, Nomura already said that the attraction flow would be based on Disney Land, so no, I don't think they're distancing the game from theme parks.

Mavxo

Awards
I keep having nightmares about how this game will end. I want to see someone actually die. No one has ever died in this series (no original charatchers), I want to see the ultimate sacrifice- not just blown into the realm of darkness. I dont think Disney would let square do it. Even Eraqus who came the closest to it is surviving through his heart being in another body.

But I keep having nightmares where instead of xehnort dying he is redeemed somehow. Or Sora takes away his wielding like how Aang in The Last Avatar takes away the fire lords bending. I want to see something not so cliche.

I could see xehnort dying of old age and then his heart being purified before joining the kingdom hearts. That would be the most likely thing.

Itd be nice to have a happy ending but I want a depressing middle. If I'm not bawling there's an issue. I want sora to have an emotional breakdown beyond what happened in 3d.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I dont think Disney would let square do it.
lol I hate it when I hear people say this. Disney has killed plenty of their own characters, and not just the villains. From Bambi, to Big Hero 6, Disney's never been afraid to pull at the audience's heartstrings by taking a sympathetic character away from us. It's Nomura who's backed himself into a corner by making death (as we know it) basically nonexistent in the KH series. No one has died in KH because it's, if not outright impossible, exorbitantly difficult to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back