• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Guesses and Speculations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingdevotee

Hey everybody how are you doing? So I have been thinking a lot about KH3 and what could happen in it and in the end I decided to start making some speculations and guesses if you will of what could and might happen in KH3. Now obviously none of these are guaranteed or even correct at all, but I figured if any of you have any cool ideas or things you think are likely it will be fun to see how many of us are close or even correct in our assumptions. Heads up this will contain spoilers for the everything KH-related up until the English version of Unchained X (where you defeat Hades) so can we avoid anything beyond that please? Finally my post will be a long one lol so please don't hate me for it XD.

1. There will be a timeskip
This one in my opinion seems pretty obvious (but I don't think has been clearly stated) as Sora will be training between 3D and 3, that is the whole point of him going back to the dreaming worlds at the end. The thing is it would also explain his new design as KH2 Sora seems to have been used only as a placeholder for the newer Sora model. Anyway I feel that KH3 will begin after Sora has been training for a few months and he will most likely be 16 in KH3, if not then likely 17.

2. Sora will not be the only completely playable character
Now from Nomura has said, both Sora and Riku will be doing their own thing during the story of KH3, however all we have seen so far is Sora gamplay which leads me to my second point.

3. Every other playable character will only be playable for short segments
From we have seen so far in trailers and every aspect of gameplay is Sora being playable and whilst the game is still far from release (not even having a release date at the time of writing this), every other game that has multiple playable characters as a major part of the story was shown much earlier leading me to believe that maybe any other playable character will be only playable for a short while. Sort of like you play as Sora for a while and then after doing stuff, the story switches you to somebody else, I mean I could be completely wrong, but I hope they don't make a ridiculous amount of playable characters due to how much the game will suffer on the whole.

4. Twilight Town is this game's hub world
Every KH game has a hub world, the world that you constantly go back to to advance the plot and this KH game will be no different as you will constantly go back to Twilight Town, most likely to go back to Yen Sid's tower.

5. This game's story will be more cohesive
The game's overarching goal will be more prelevant throughout the story unlike other KH games which usually only had you jump from world to world. This game will have Yen Sid most likely guiding and telling you what to do overall so as to keep Sora and the gang on track.

6. Terra will not be one of the 7 lights
As stated by Xehanort at the end of 3D Terra belongs on his side of the 13 Darknesses and I believe that fact will be true throughout the game as Terra will most likely be Terranort until very late into the game. I think that the 7 lights that will be most likely built up by the game overall will end up being.
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Lea
5. Kairi
6. Ventus
7. Aqua

7. Terra may join the lights replacing somebody else
No this isn't me trying to cover my self, but I do have some reasoning behind this Terra will most likely be the last of the TAV trio to be saved and will probably be saved by Riku and Aqua (if Riku is playable) which will free him from Xehanort's control. The thing is though that he will not believe he is worthy of being one of the lights due to his inability to stop the darkness inside of him and so will stay out of it at first.

8. The Keyblade will be formed by the losers of the clashes
Now we all know the big climax will be the battle against the 13 darknesses and that when they clash with the 7 lights it will form the X-blade. Thing is what exactly will form it? I think it will be the hearts of the loser of the clash that will form the pieces of the X-blade and that when all 7 lights and 13 darknesses hearts are merged they will form a completed X-blade. That is why Xehanort stuck his hearts of pure darkness in 13 bodies to gurantee that those who fall will turn into pieces of the X-blade.

9. Some of the 7 lights will fall in battle
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the big climax of the series and as such they will probably try to achieve a large amount of drama and a feeling of danger unseen in any other Kingdom Hearts game. This leads me to believe that some of the heroes, maybe even all of them besides Sora will fall in the battle of the 7vs13 and will make the pieces of the X-blade forming it completely when all the pieces have been forged. Probably due to the Norts being incredibly strong and due to them all being on equal footing at the time of the battles.

10. Donald and Goofy will have to prove themselves
I have more to do with the 7 lights stuff, but just so I still have something to talk about should people like any of these here is a smaller one. Donald and Goofy due to their lack of a Keyblade may get left behind due to being considered too weak or unable to help in the coming battle. This will be due to Yen Sid's encouragement and after much inner turmoil about this descision, the duo will at some point perform a heroic rescue saving Sora and the others somehow.

Once again these are all up for debate and they are just speculations and guess of what could happen in KH3, I have some more, but didn't want to put them yet as this post was long enough lol. Anyway if you guys have any ideas let me know it could be cool to see everybody else's opinions. Oh and if there was already a thread similar to this I apologise as I didn't know lol

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Not too sure about about the time skip. I got the impression that Master Xehanort imposes a danger that needs to be dealt fast. There might be not enough time to train for months.

I do hope that we get to play as other characters in small segments. Now with 0.2 an playable Aqua with KHIII tech has been created, maybe it means that we will have other sections with her *coughCastleOblivioncough*.

Gamingdevotee

Not too sure about about the time skip. I got the impression that Master Xehanort imposes a danger that needs to be dealt fast. There might be not enough time to train for months.

I do hope that we get to play as other characters in small segments. Now with 0.2 an playable Aqua with KHIII tech has been created, maybe it means that we will have other sections with her *coughCastleOblivioncough*.

See I get that logic on Xehanort, but I have a feeling that they have a bit of time, at the very least Kairi and Lea have to train to become moderately competent Keyblade wielders.

Lol I just hope we don't have full stories with like a dozen characters as I always feel each individual story suffers as a whole.

On a side note that uh pic you have is really cool where did you get it from?

Dodi Dream

I like this topic :)
I agree about Terra non being one of the seven lights, but I think it would be interesting if he somehow will help the seven lights fighting Xehanort from the inside

Maybe Lea and Kairi will train during the beginning of the game while Sora will go in the Disney worlds... I don't know, but I don't think there will be a timeskip for the reason hemmoheikkinen said. And I remember that Nomura said Kh3 will start right after the events of Kh3d, but I could be wrong.

Gamingdevotee

I like this topic :)
I agree about Terra non being one of the seven lights, but I think it would be interesting if he somehow will help the seven lights fighting Xehanort from the inside

Maybe Lea and Kairi will train during the beginning of the game while Sora will go in the Disney worlds... I don't know, but I don't think there will be a timeskip for the reason hemmoheikkinen said. And I remember that Nomura said Kh3 will start right after the events of Kh3d, but I could be wrong.

See I have my thoughts on that actually so maybe I will write them up a bit later lol

I feel that whilst 3 will begin after 3D, Sora looks too different from KH2 Sora to do that. Plus I remember reading on the wiki that there will be one for everybody to get stronger and better, but I could be wrong lol.

Anyway anybody else got any ideas they want to share?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
About Sora's outfit change:
I recall Nomura saying that Sora will change his outfit somewhere in the course of the game after a certain event. So...I don't think it's just a placeholder.

Awards
About Sora's outfit change:
I recall Nomura saying that Sora will change his outfit somewhere in the course of the game after a certain event. So...I don't think it's just a placeholder.
So now the questions arise. How long do we get to stay in the KH2 outfit, and how does Sora get his new outfit? Hm...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So now the questions arise. How long do we get to stay in the KH2 outfit, and how does Sora get his new outfit? Hm...

Mickey: "Uh let's drag Ventus outta your heart okay?"
Sora: "Okies. :)"
-Five Minutes later-
Ventus: "Gee, thanks. I've been waiting for years to tell you your style fucking sucks, Sora. Re-dress, you moron."
Sora: "Okies. :("

Awards
Mickey: "Uh let's drag Ventus outta your heart okay?"
Sora: "Okies. :)"
-Five Minutes later-
Ventus: "Gee, thanks. I've been waiting for years to tell you your style diddlying sucks, Sora. Re-dress, you moron."
Sora: "Okies. :("
Poor Sora. His style got insulted by a guy who wears four shirts.

Awards
Maybe his KH2 clothes are ragged from battle, or he doesn't fit them anymore?
I don't think that's the case. Especially with the not fitting thing since KH3 is supposed to take place right after DDD, and from what we've seen of KH3, his KH2 clothes still fit him.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It could be as I said in a thread long ago; It's known that his KH2 clothes are magical, and react to Sora's heart. What if it's a evolution? Especially since it'll come with a hair change?

I'm thinking the clothes/hair change will be the sign of a rebirth, as in Sora no longer has extra hearts inside him and we'll finally be seeing Sora as he would of been if all that mess never happened in the first place. Or something like that. No, I don't think he'll have much of a crisis, but it may change how he sees himself, hence why the hair change.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I was wondering the same thing how his clothes change. I think Sora goes through a change like something happens to him where also his outfit changes with him. It maybe evolution like Maryadavies said, or it could be that an event occurs that changes Sora a bit and his clothing along with it.

Gamingdevotee

It could be as I said in a thread long ago; It's known that his KH2 clothes are magical, and react to Sora's heart. What if it's a evolution? Especially since it'll come with a hair change?

I'm thinking the clothes/hair change will be the sign of a rebirth, as in Sora no longer has extra hearts inside him and we'll finally be seeing Sora as he would of been if all that mess never happened in the first place. Or something like that. No, I don't think he'll have much of a crisis, but it may change how he sees himself, hence why the hair change.

Ah so sort of like how Roxas' appearance was affected by Ventus, Sora by Vanitas and once Vanitas leaves Sora will become how he would truly look? That would be pretty cool! To be honest I like Sora's redesign but I am really hoping other characters like Kairi for example change their look. Especially Donald and Goofy, I mean they have been dressed the same since KH1

Gamingdevotee

Uh...Sora's look wasn't affected by Vanitas, and Vanitas definitely isn't in Sora.

Then how would we explain them looking completely the same? Coincidence or lazy character design aside, it seems too weird for both Ventus to look like Roxas and Sora to look like Vanitas without some direct connection between the two. Besides if Ventus is in Sora then Vanitas probably is in some way as well like maybe when Ventus' heart will be repaired Vanitas will be back. You know as he is Ventus' darkness and as stated earlier in the series light cannot exist without darkness.

I mean still it is all speculation but it in a weird way makes sense

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Then how would we explain them looking completely the same? Coincidence or lazy character design aside, it seems too weird for both Ventus to look like Roxas and Sora to look like Vanitas without some direct connection between the two. Besides if Ventus is in Sora then Vanitas probably is in some way as well like maybe when Ventus' heart will be repaired Vanitas will be back. You know as he is Ventus' darkness and as stated earlier in the series light cannot exist without darkness.

I mean still it is all speculation but it in a weird way makes sense

Nomura described it like, when Sora filled in the space that Vanitas used to be in Ven's heart, it made Vanitas look like Sora. Before that he looked like an Unversed I believe. Also, he said if, say, Riku filled in the space he would look like Riku instead. So yeah, its the opposite of what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back