• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 death screen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Found this on Reddit

6pPRvmS90iDsyK-KFpY3KOzDc07uGJ0P1CVbxyRlcQI.jpg
bYhLtm4.jpg

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
Based on that little tip, it seems like magic (Hopefully) will be more useful, excluding cure.
Magic always felt like a second option, I only used Magic to grind, again excluding cure. Hopefully Magic can be used as an alternate playstyle instead of a situational tool.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Based on that little tip, it seems like magic (Hopefully) will be more useful, excluding cure.
Magic always felt like a second option, I only used Magic to grind, again excluding cure. Hopefully Magic can be used as an alternate playstyle instead of a situational tool.
Magic was excellent to use in 0.2. A lot more effective and useful than previous games, so it's a good sign for Kingdom Hearts 3 to take magic to new levels.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, magic was actually pretty darn useful in past games.
Blizzard in KH1 is still an effective crowd control (as much as KH1 allows) in speedruns.
KH II's Reflex, Thunder and Magnet are top tier, and when paired with Forms spells were even useful to perform some mid-air movements.
It was totally an alternative playstyle already.

I'm not gonna count BbS since I assume we're talking about MP-bar KH titles, but even there spells were big clean-ups like the 4th tiers in 0.2.

In-topic: wonder how deep the game over hints go. I also assume Game Help opens up the tutorial for buttons or something, anyone who tested the demo can confirm? (If you bothered checking that out)

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
Well, magic was actually pretty darn useful in past games.
Blizzard in KH1 is still an effective crowd control (as much as KH1 allows) in speedruns.
KH II's Reflex, Thunder and Magnet are top tier, and when paired with Forms spells were even useful to perform some mid-air movements.
It was totally an alternative playstyle already.

I'm not gonna count BbS since I assume we're talking about MP-bar KH titles, but even there spells were big clean-ups like the 4th tiers in 0.2.

In-topic: wonder how deep the game over hints go. I also assume Game Help opens up the tutorial for buttons or something, anyone who tested the demo can confirm? (If you bothered checking that out)
As you said that Blizzard was good crowd control, that's situational, not a playstyle.
Magic should be useful for all enemies, some being more effective than others on certain enemies. Maybe you need to physically attack an enemy because it has high magic defense. During KH1 and 2 I really only used Thunder and Reflect (also Aero) Thunder for Crowd Control, and Reflect for certain bossfights, such as Lexaues (I think i spelled it right)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
As you said that Blizzard was good crowd control, that's situational, not a playstyle.
Magic should be useful for all enemies, some being more effective than others on certain enemies. Maybe you need to physically attack an enemy because it has high magic defense. During KH1 and 2 I really only used Thunder and Reflect (also Aero) Thunder for Crowd Control, and Reflect for certain bossfights, such as Lexaues (I think i spelled it right)

My playstyle comment was referred more towards KH II, KH1 is undoubtedly limited when it comes to magic (unless we consider summons akin to magic, which they kinda are in that game).
Magic in KH II it's almost always viable and more often than not highly more efficient than physical attacks. That's one of that game's strongest points. There's a couple of enemies immune to it, but when it's so few of them I think it's only fair.

SuperstarSaga08

Awards
My playstyle comment was referred more towards KH II, KH1 is undoubtedly limited when it comes to magic (unless we consider summons akin to magic, which they kinda are in that game).
Magic in KH II it's almost always viable and more often than not highly more efficient than physical attacks. That's one of that game's strongest points. There's a couple of enemies immune to it, but when it's so few of them I think it's only fair.
Hmmn, Well during quite a few major fights, such as final Xemnas, Data Org. battles, and Sephiroth, magic was next to useless (Excluding Cure and sometimes Reflect) All I want is magic to viable against all major fights, maybe a few bosses might be immune and that's fine, but I want to fight Final bosses with my whole arsenal of powers, not just physical combos (Glares at final Xemnas)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmmn, Well during quite a few major fights, such as final Xemnas, Data Org. battles, and Sephiroth, magic was next to useless (Excluding Cure and sometimes Reflect) All I want is magic to viable against all major fights, maybe a few bosses might be immune and that's fine, but I want to fight Final bosses with my whole arsenal of powers, not just physical combos (Glares at final Xemnas)

Trust me, magic was more viable than you might think, even during those battles.
Blizzaga is Data Axel's bane, and there are a couple fun Firaga strats that work well with several bosses.
Final Xemnas is a fight that happens when you don't have Donald and Goofy, meaning a lot of functions are locked just from that, it's not really his fault (and what you have does work fairly well)

Anyway, I believe we made our points, let's go back on this thread's topic.
I expect magic will be at the very least fun in KH III, especially movement-wise (and if they manage to make the blizzard ice trail viable on uneven terrain all the better) and the fact that it changes for every Keyblade is praise-worthy.

On the subject of hitting a boss with every skill at your disposal, that's one of the primary causes for concern about this game: how well everything intersects will play a huge role in how balanced the final product will be. Personally I don't hold many hopes for tying up the finishers with other stuff, the more you make the animations big and spectacular the harder it is to mantain fluidity, but maybe some combos and spells will still do the trick.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, that’s pretty neat! Does anyone have the death screen in his KH2 outfit?
I don't think so. It's difficult to fail and die on demos like these, so unless you really suck or went for it on purpose then no one would have that screen. There was a video, I believe, I saw where someone went for the death screen in Toy Box and they said they did it on purpose but it looked like they were just really bad at the game because they were giving it their all. I forget who this was though, if I did I'd look at their Olympus video to see if they failed then as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back