• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH3 Critical Mode adds various QOL updates including save carry over, more photo slots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
[parsehtml]<p><a href="https://www.khinsider.com/news/Critical-Mode-will-be-arriving-tomorrow-15152">Yesterday</a>, Square Enix announced that Critical Mode will be arriving in <em>Kingdom Hearts 3</em>&nbsp;as a free update for owners of the game. <a href="https://support.jp.square-enix.com/news.php?id=7922&amp;la=0&amp;n=2&amp;drt=1556010000&amp;tag=2def4814c9c3775c55987ba6e8e6380ba8924340">Details of the patch have been released by Square Enix</a>, revealing a ton of quality of life updates being added to the game including the addition of checkmarks to allow you to know what you have synthesized in the Moogle Shop, item carry over including Keyblades into a new game file, and an additional 100 photo slots so players can take up to 200 photos with the Gummiphone.</p>
<p>Read the rest of the patch notes below:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong><em>1.04</em> </strong><br />- Critical mode added, can use new abilities <br />- Some enemy behavior changed <br />- You can check Frozen Slider minigame treasure from the mobile portal &nbsp;(Gummiphone) or at the results screen <br />- Synthesis items you already synthesized will have checkmarks in Moogle Shop <br />- Game help messages added <br />- Various fixes <br /><br /><em><strong>1.05</strong></em><br />- When you start a "new game", you can bring over stuff like Keyblades from your clear save data <br />- Photo mode change, now you can store up to 200 photos <br />- Various fixes</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Updates 1.04 and 1.05 will be releasing at different times today, but the scheduled release time for 1.04 in Japan will be 11:00am Japan Time.&nbsp;</p>
<p><span>Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on&nbsp;</span><a href="https://www.facebook.com/KingdomHeartsInsider">Facebook</a><span>&nbsp;and&nbsp;</span><a href="https://twitter.com/khinsider">Twitter</a><span>&nbsp;for the latest updates on&nbsp;<em>The World Ends With You</em>,&nbsp;</span><span><em>Kingdom Hearts Union&nbsp;&chi; [Cross]</em>,&nbsp;<em>Kingdom Hearts III</em>&nbsp;</span><span>and all things&nbsp;</span><em>Kingdom Hearts</em><span>!&nbsp;</span></p>[/parsehtml]
So now japan have patch and NA doesn't ok will i reinstalled kh3 waiting for this thing lol they better deliver to NA lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I died against Darkside an embarrassing number of times. Nomura snapped.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
the fuck are you even talking about then? that i'm brown-nosing for KHI staff? brown-nosing for the game? that this isn't an issue that i actually care deeply about and have always been vocal about? my comment was entirely about the way people shit talk and treat the devs, that's all. i wasn't claiming the game was perfect, that it could do no wrong, or that people can't criticize it. my comment was about people constantly taking potshots at and belittling the devs and having no sympathy, compassion or understanding for the very real people who make the games and the realities of game development they have to work with and within. people can criticize the game while still treating the workers who devoted literal years of their lives into making it with respect.

Exactly what I said to MS. So, either? Both? It was hard to judge by your condescending initial response after my own words were misconstrued by Spock and then piggybacked on by you. This is about not deciding how people should think or receive this news, and it's not a movement to cut down the SE staff. A statement could have been made about the labor intensive update without the "orders" to be grateful for it. No one was being ungrateful in the first place. If there's a disclaimer for folks needing to receive the effort well, there can be one for the opposite. It takes putting on your grown-up pants to just sit back and let people develop their own feelings on the matter. Why are we trying to produce or school thoughts on a place where (A) it's out of our control how and under what conditions the staff worked and (B) where everyone's ideas should have platform regardless? Chaser, did I get all that wrong? If that's the case, I'll formally apologize.

But, Jesus, it's like the Kremlin in here, the way y'all talk down to people sometimes. And for being so concerned with sharing, spreading positivity I sure wasn't approached civily. I don't care if you're a mod or not, you're not going to approach me swearing at me like that.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
This thread...

tenor.gif

Anyways, I've never been one for playing video games that are hard because I'm mostly in it for the story. But apparently KHIII is so easy (I'm trash and am so busy that I haven't finished replaying all of the games in preparation for III yet) that I might give Critical Mode a try. And I know lots of people have been itching for more of a challenge so I'm glad y'all have that chance now.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
This thread...

tenor.gif

Anyways, I've never been one for playing video games that are hard because I'm mostly in it for the story. But apparently KHIII is so easy (I'm trash and am so busy that I haven't finished replaying all of the games in preparation for III yet) that I might give Critical Mode a try. And I know lots of people have been itching for more of a challenge so I'm glad y'all have that chance now.
yeah i love a challage

HK Motendra

Awards
My only question regarding the patch notes is, does said enemy behavior changes only apply to critical mode? Caue honestly speaking, I've never been much a fan of crit from the jump and have only ever done it twice (first in BBS, second in 2FM) just for the achievement.

Still though, considering I've already done standard and proud, I suppose I might as well anyway

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
My only question regarding the patch notes is, does said enemy behavior changes only apply to critical mode? Caue honestly speaking, I've never been a fan of crit from the jump and have only ever done it twice (first in BBS, second in 2FM) just for the achievement.
they go all out i swear sometime if i don't pay attiend you die lol

Back