• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH3 Critical Mode adds various QOL updates including save carry over, more photo slots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
In addendum, no one should feel obligated to shut up like it because the teams were worked under ridiculous practices. They have had many years to make the game in the first place. Let's not pretend otherwise.
callousness to the actual human beings who have put thousands of hours of their lives into this game is a shitty af look buddy

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In addendum, no one should feel obligated to shut up like it because the teams were worked under ridiculous practices. They have had many years to make the game in the first place. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Actually, you know what. I am going to address this because that’s really shitty to say about the development team as thought they aren’t human beings just trying to survive themselves.

We know for a fact that this game went through substantial issues.

First the engine swap ate a year of development.

Second, they shipped out work to outside firms to have assets made so the team could focus on training and core gameplay development. When they got those assets back, they were trash so they spent at least a good year remaking them all in-house.

Third, they were working on an engine they’ve never developed for so they had to learn how to use it on the spot. You know how hard that is? Imagine you go to work one day and suddenly almost all of your knowledge for work is useless because a whole new system has been implemented. It takes at least six months of training or more to just gain a basic understanding of these engines on top of all of the middleware programs they had to learn to use.

Then you have demands from Disney and SE, Nomura changing his mind of various things, and probably the general dress of having to deliver a product that will please fans and shareholders, and you wanna invalidate the human factor from this to be mad that they didn’t include Critical Mode and other features at launch because they had ”years” to do it?

Call it brown-nosing all you want. We don’t get anything for just having some basic human decency, but at least we aren’t bitching in the face of very clear goodwill by the developers. They could have just washed their hands and moved onto the next project, or charged us money for this update.

But go on and be mad. Fine. I don’t like KH3 that much either but you don’t have to belittle the staff’s hard work.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Incessant brown-nosing is the same, "pal." Don't.

There's no brown-nosing because they're not reading it.

You're free to dislike the game, but they are working to fix some issues. What do you gain by being a contrary little shit all the f*cking time? Nothing, and you bring bad vibes to every topic you touch so that people can be just as salty as you are for a different reason. It's not our fault that we don't want to commiserate.

drew0512

Awards
It's just about appreciating other people's work, no one said that you have to like what they give us just because they worked hard on it.
Many people love to put Osaka Team down and I rarely see any praise when deserved (because we can't deny the improvements they made from BBS to KH3) and I don't think that wanting to promote appreciation for hard work is that outrageous.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It's just a shame the development for the game couldn't have been smoother. I don't if the outcome would have been drastically different or not, but they definitely had the potential and the passion to deliver a more solid product. I can personally relate to the feeling of having your full potential stifled by unexpected or unfair circumstances, so no matter how much I don't like the game, I can't not sympathize with Osaka Team's struggles.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like there is criticizing the idea that they didn’t have it. It’s fine to do that. The game deserves critique, but there are ways to do that without dehumanizing the staff.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Actually, you know what. I am going to address this because that’s really shitty to say about the development team as thought they aren’t human beings just trying to survive themselves.

We know for a fact that this game went through substantial issues.

First the engine swap ate a year of development.

Second, they shipped out work to outside firms to have assets made so the team could focus on training and core gameplay development. When they got those assets back, they were trash so they spent at least a good year remaking them all in-house.

Third, they were working on an engine they’ve never developed for so they had to learn how to use it on the spot. You know how hard that is? Imagine you go to work one day and suddenly almost all of your knowledge for work is useless because a whole new system has been implemented. It takes at least six months of training or more to just gain a basic understanding of these engines on top of all of the middleware programs they had to learn to use.

Then you have demands from Disney and SE, Nomura changing his mind of various things, and probably the general dress of having to deliver a product that will please fans and shareholders, and you wanna invalidate the human factor from this to be mad that they didn’t include Critical Mode and other features at launch because they had ”years” to do it?

Call it brown-nosing all you want. We don’t get anything for just having some basic human decency, but at least we aren’t bitching in the face of very clear goodwill by the developers. They could have just washed their hands and moved onto the next project, or charged us money for this update.

But go on and be mad. Fine. I don’t like KH3 that much either but you don’t have to belittle the staff’s hard work.

Oh, please, Spocks. Don't spin this as discrediting the workers or even the entire body of the development cycle. It's a job, hard work the devs did for a AAA game, but any working stiff would understand that. Most working stiffs understand overtime, too. *raises hand*

My response is in context to the defensive nature that certain staff/users i n s i s t upon. We needed a disclaimer to be thankful, because people broke their back making a Critical Mode?? Sometimes it's like a giant megaphone over a prison yard choking out dissenting thoughts. "Guys, bow down to the golden calf, or it may not forgive you if you dislike this post-game content," that nobody asked them to kill themselves over the weekends for. No one wished that upon them. We don't need corralling or to be told how to feel. I'm sure most everyone is grateful for a free update.

There's no brown-nosing because they're not reading it.

I wasn't saying he was brown-nosing the devs.

You're free to dislike the game, but they are working to fix some issues. What do you gain by being a contrary little shit all the f*cking time? Nothing, and you bring bad vibes to every topic you touch so that people can be just as salty as you are for a different reason. It's not our fault that we don't want to commiserate.

You're free to cherry-pick my views on KHIII, Master Eraqus. I've praised the game for multiple reasons (and, man, let me tell you, I'm really laying into those no-good devs when I do). Whether you've been able to pick up on that or not is not my problem. If you even bothered with my earliest post in this thread, you'll see I'm actually excited for the changes. If I'm coming off as overly-critical, maybe it's in response to people being constantly told their "contrary" opinions are worthless.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
So, I'm wondering if this will be an automatic update, or a DLC download that you'd have to manually download. Either way, I'm looking forward to trying this out tonight.
I'm guessing since it says Update it'll probably be an automatic update.

I hope the update lets us finally record the Ending Cutscenes, Epilogue and Secret Ending for Live-Streamers.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm guessing since it says Update it'll probably be an automatic update.

I hope the update lets us finally record the Ending Cutscenes, Epilogue and Secret Ending for Live-Streamers.

It took them over 1.5 years to unlock streaming restrictions for 2.8. I expect we'll be waiting at least as long, if not longer, for them to do so for KH3.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I wasn't saying he was brown-nosing the devs
the fuck are you even talking about then? that i'm brown-nosing for KHI staff? brown-nosing for the game? that this isn't an issue that i actually care deeply about and have always been vocal about? my comment was entirely about the way people shit talk and treat the devs, that's all. i wasn't claiming the game was perfect, that it could do no wrong, or that people can't criticize it. my comment was about people constantly taking potshots at and belittling the devs and having no sympathy, compassion or understanding for the very real people who make the games and the realities of game development they have to work with and within. people can criticize the game while still treating the workers who devoted literal years of their lives into making it with respect.

redcrown

Awards
So either I didn't read the sentence right or I'm not familiar with this term in relation to video games; what does "quality of life" mean? Enhanced graphics of the environments? More NCPs, or more dialogues added for them to say? Getting to talk to the other party members in the final world like I've always felt was a missing crucial aspect of the game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So either I didn't read the sentence right or I'm not familiar with this term in relation to video games; what does "quality of life" mean? Enhanced graphics of the environments? More NCPs, or more dialogues added for them to say? Getting to talk to the other party members in the final world like I've always felt was a missing crucial aspect of the game?

Quality of life improvements are improvements made for player accessibility and ease of play, like the added photo slots and checkmarks for synthesis.

KHRULER

Awards
Excited for critical mode! Will replay the game once I get the chance. However, disappointed from the lack of save slots :/

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Excited for critical mode! Will replay the game once I get the chance. However, disappointed from the lack of save slots :/

They'll probably add those in if people ask for them enough! Who knows, maybe they could add it in the next update.

Back