• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Bonus boss speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I'm a huge KH fan and a electronic musician. That being said, I wonder what some of the bonus bosses in KH3 will be. I made this thread for speculation. Here's a few examples of candiates I'd like to see.

Bizarro Sephiroth. Why: It'd be a way to continue the tradition of making Sephiroth a bonus boss while keeping things fresh. For those of you who worry that the size would make him easier, he could have better range and defenese than before. His boss theme would probably be a mixture of "Birth of a God" (FFVII) and "One Winged Angel" (KH version).

Horned King. Why: While The Black Cauldron is obscure and a base-breaker, the Horned King was an awesome and terrifying villain. A world based on that movie seems unlikely so I think he'd be best suited to be a bonus boss. Besides the final battle in the Black Cauldron resembles a boss fight anyway.

Dr. Facilier. Why: The Princess and The Frog doesn't really seem suited for KH3 (I still haven't seen that film) but Dr. Facilier is a popular and great villain. His voodoo powers, charisma, and black magic make him fit Kingdom Hearts like a glove. His boss theme would probably be a remix of "Friends On The Other Side".

Darth Maul.Why: Disney bought Star Wars so why not include a Star Wars villain as a bonus boss? I mean he's a total bad ass and less obvious than Darth Vader. He also has a fighting style that's different from both Xemnas and Darth Vader so it wouldn't be redundant to include him.

Frollo. Why: I know Frollo was in Kingdom Hearts 3D but sadly there wasn't a boss fight with him. I can imagine him using darkness based powers but he could also use fire (because of "Hellfire") or holy attacks (because of his religious nature) as well. The music could also be a remix of "Hellfire".

Big Bad Wolf. Why: he's a classic Disney character who's under-used and has a memorable theme ("Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?"). His fighting style would probably involve his mallet and a huffing and puffing mechanic. His theme would probably be a remix of the "Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?" (possibly based off the House of Mouse version).

Gilgamesh. Why: Do I have to say. He's got an awesome theme and character design. He's a dimension hopper and expert swordsman. Must I say more.

Headless Horseman. Why: Badass, terrifying and slightly under-rated Disney Villain. He would fight using his cutlass, his horse, throwing pumpkins, and maybe jump scares. Not sure what kind of theme he'd have though ...

Judge Doom. Why: Who Framed Roger Rabit? is an 80s classic but I'm not sure if he'll be able to be used. That being said, he's an awesome and scary villain. I could see him as a durable and powerful force to be reckoned with. He'd probably be finished off in a quick time event. Also have no clue what kind of theme he'd have but would love suggestions on writing one.

Monster Ock. Why: Doc Ock would already make a great bonus boss but Monster Ock (Doc Ock with the Carnage Symbiote) would be even more epic. I mean he's really threatning and cool but hasn't appeared since Spiderman 2000 (his only appearence). In that game, he was too powerful to fight directly (he plowed through steel doors like rice paper) and Spiderman neeced to run like hell to avoid him. It would be cool to fight him in a proper battle. However I could see you fighting Doc Ock beforehand. Doc Ock would likely fight with a mixture of his tenatcles and technology. I'd also like suggestions on writing a theme for the two.

Kefka. Why: He's one of the most popular FF villains but hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts yet. That a pity because his personalty and powers would fit the series well. His theme would likely be inspired by FFVI and at least incorporate "Kefka" (his theme) if its not a remix of "Dancing Mad".

I think that's enough for now. Got any feedback and/or more suggestions.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Bizarro Sephiroth. Why: It'd be a way to continue the tradition of making Sephiroth a bonus boss while keeping things fresh. For those of you who worry that the size would make him easier, he could have better range and defenese than before. His boss theme would probably be a mixture of "Birth of a God" (FFVII) and "One Winged Angel" (KH version).
I think I'm ok with not fighting Sephiroth again. Besides, I doubt he'd be very popular if you took away his signature impractical katana and silver mane.

Horned King. Why: While The Black Cauldron is obscure and a base-breaker, the Horned King was an awesome and terrifying villain. A world based on that movie seems unlikely so I think he'd be best suited to be a bonus boss. Besides the final battle in the Black Cauldron resembles a boss fight anyway.
Better idea: save this character for the next saga so he can take over as a more competent version of Maleficent.

Dr. Facilier. Why: The Princess and The Frog doesn't really seem suited for KH3 (I still haven't seen that film) but Dr. Facilier is a popular and great villain. His voodoo powers, charisma, and black magic make him fit Kingdom Hearts like a glove. His boss theme would probably be a remix of "Friends On The Other Side".
I think this guy is better suited to be an in-world bossfight rather than an out-of-nowhere bonus boss.

Darth Maul.Why: Disney bought Star Wars so why not include a Star Wars villain as a bonus boss? I mean he's a total bad ass and less obvious than Darth Vader. He also has a fighting style that's different from both Xemnas and Darth Vader so it wouldn't be redundant to include him.
I still think we've got enough evil, acrobatic, yellow-eyed, telekinetic, black cloak-wearing, crimson lightsaber-wielding characters for one franchise.

Frollo. Why: I know Frollo was in Kingdom Hearts 3D but sadly there wasn't a boss fight with him. I can imagine him using darkness based powers but he could also use fire (because of "Hellfire") or holy attacks (because of his religious nature) as well. The music could also be a remix of "Hellfire".
Riku said it himself: Frollo's just a sad old man with a dark heart. Most of his danger and power as an antagonist comes from his position of authority both in society and over Quasimodo. Not exactly a character who could hold his own in a pitched battle.

Big Bad Wolf. Why: he's a classic Disney character who's under-used and has a memorable theme ("Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?"). His fighting style would probably involve his mallet and a huffing and puffing mechanic. His theme would probably be a remix of the "Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?" (possibly based off the House of Mouse version).
... what.
Ok first of all, this guy just wants to eat some pigs. Why would he be going after strange-looking kids with absurd swords and magical superpowers? And WHY would he stand a chance against the absurd swords and magical superpowers? I mean, I guess I wouldn't see this one coming, but...

Gilgamesh. Why: Do I have to say. He's got an awesome theme and character design. He's a dimension hopper and expert swordsman. Must I say more.
And he needs a Keyblade for his weapon collection. Add a Shimomura remix of "Clash on the Big Bridge" and we're golden as a chocobo.

Headless Horseman. Why: Badass, terrifying and slightly under-rated Disney Villain. He would fight using his cutlass, his horse, throwing pumpkins, and maybe jump scares. Not sure what kind of theme he'd have though ...
Shimomura would come up with something that would blow our minds into stardust, don't worry about it.

Monster Ock. Why: Doc Ock would already make a great bonus boss but Monster Ock (Doc Ock with the Carnage Symbiote) would be even more epic. I mean he's really threatning and cool but hasn't appeared since Spiderman 2000 (his only appearence). In that game, he was too powerful to fight directly (he plowed through steel doors like rice paper) and Spiderman neeced to run like hell to avoid him. It would be cool to fight him in a proper battle. However I could see you fighting Doc Ock beforehand. Doc Ock would likely fight with a mixture of his tenatcles and technology. I'd also like suggestions on writing a theme for the two.
Since when was Doc Ock Disney property? I get the feeling that he'd be out of place af.

Kefka. Why: He's one of the most popular FF villains but hasn't appeared in Kingdom Hearts yet. That a pity because his personalty and powers would fit the series well. His theme would likely be inspired by FFVI and at least incorporate "Kefka" (his theme) if its not a remix of "Dancing Mad".

I have an idea: set it up so it looks like we're about to fight old Monowing again. Very dramatic, start up the intro of One Winged Angel... then suddenly, Sephiroth disintegrates as an explosion of magic consumes him. You hear a warped cackle of laughter... a foreboding organ plays in the background... Kefka appears, does Kefka things, Dancing Mad cranks up and you're left to fight for your life.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I see your point about Frollo, Darth Maul, and Bizarro Sephiroth (to an extent) but the wolf would be a unique unexpected boss like Julius ('Runaway Brain' is hardly a classic). I believe they said that Marvel properties are possible (given Marvel is practically brown-nosing Disney) and Doc Ock is an iconic villain. Dr. Facilier could work as a in-world boss or a bonus boss depending on whether a 'Princess and the Frog' world would work. Horned King could work either way as well. I like the idea for Kefka though.

What's your opinion on Judge Doom?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Never watched Who Framed Rodger Rabbit so I don't know very much about Judge Doom. He's... half-toon, right? I guess combining a hyper-realistic, scowling human appearance and freakishly whimsical, stylized 2D features would make for a unique boss, and you could include a theme that reflects that weird dual nature. Though I'm not sure if he'd work as a bonus boss or not. You gotta remember that KH bonus bosses often just appear out of bum-diddly nowhere, speak little, and focus mostly on grinding your face into the ground. If they make a lot of noise, they're usually some kind of huge monster, like those Heartless ones from KH1 or Julius.

redcrown

Awards
Secret boss should be some Final Fantasy or TWEWY character, if we don't get Sephiroth again.
Seriously, I don't even play Final Fantasy games and even I miss the cameos, especially in BBS.

TWEWY in DDD was a nice treat though. I'll be surprised if their world doesn't end up in KH3.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
gilgamesh can be reoccurring boss, sora fights him in random places and he's stronger each time until an eventual post-game battle where he yields and gives sora a badass keychain.

bill cypher. sora finds a weirdness bubble and enters a hellish ridiculous battle with a yoko remix or the GF theme.

i'd actually like to fight the titans. like, maybe xehanort's disturbance in the force (lmao) allows them to escape and roam like the emerald/ruby weapons from FF VII and you have to track them down and fight.

xehanort. this is more of a fun little throwback, time traveling to each old secret boss for some old fashioned payback while you're overpowered for a change.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm pretty sure Sephy will be there again. And I hope he will, his fights aren't really my favorites, but he's just something that belongs to KH. The numbered titles, that is. I want to suffer again.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
gilgamesh can be reoccurring boss, sora fights him in random places and he's stronger each time until an eventual post-game battle where he yields and gives sora a badass keychain.

Oh my god yes pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase gilgamesh would be awesome!

Scorpio

I've been a big advocate of the Headless Horseman as a secret boss in KHIII for a while now. Hopefully, they could even add some special touches and utilize the archived audio--or at least a decent replica--of that iconic harrowing laughter.

bill cypher. sora finds a weirdness bubble and enters a hellish ridiculous battle with a yoko remix or the GF theme.

This sounds really interesting, especially the method to include Bill via Weirdness Bubble. If they are in fact continuing KH past the third game, Square will have to delve deeper into the Disney properties, which might include the TV Series. A secret boss encounter such as this would be an interesting and welcome foreshadowing into events to come, and having seen what Bill is capable of from the last three episodes, it could definitely be a solid boss fight.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I'm also a Gravity Falls fan (sad to see the show end) and would love it if Bill returned for KH3 (also sad to see him go and it's either that or 'Rick and Morty'). I could definitely see him being a solid boss fight that's both surreal and challenging. I personally see Gideon's giant robot (from the season 1 finale) being more likely than Bill Cipher if they choose a GF boss.

Also here's a KH-style remix of the Gravity Falls theme (I didn't make it but it's pretty accurate to both her style and the original theme).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lkc2i0tC88

I could also see Lava Titan and Wind Titan as bonus bosses ...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Bricriu, from the Disney channel TV show "So Weird", who ended up tricking Fiona into losing her powers.

(I'm not entirely serious about this... Well, maybe. I've just recently been looking up stuff I barely remembered from "So Weird", and this guy definitely seems smart, manipulative, powerful, and super evil, but I know it'll never happen. Actually, if he just became the villain of the next saga, I wouldn't be against that at all. LOL.)

Scorpio

I'm generally still on the fence with anything Star Wars-related being included in KH, but even I cannot deny this fan edit makes for a compelling argument in support of it:

[video=youtube;H55sW0WMPjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55sW0WMPjk[/video]

RonaldPoe

Awards
Scorpio, is that "L'Oscurita dell'Ignot" (Xemnas' great KH3D theme) with Darth Vader breathing and light saber noises? Awesome! I always thought Darth Vader and Xemnas were similar (part of the reason I suggested Darth Maul). Also I think I'll make a Darth Maul boss theme in a couple weeks (gotta prepare first).

This could also work as a Darth Vader boss theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5XCw1Ehos

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And Gilgamesh would have a good reason for being in random places: looking for Excalibur.
In each location Gilgamesh thinks he's found it only for it to be Excalipoor, and each time gives the dud to Sora as a "reward" for beating him. After the final match all the Excalipoor come together to become the Excalibur...Keyblade. As awesome as it is, Gilgamesh is bummed it's not the Excalibur he's looking for and says Sora can keep it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I definitely think we'll see Sephiroth again. Although I'd rather see a boss like Kefka, I don't think they'll do away with Sephiroth. I'd love to see a Star Wars character as an optional boss. Fighting Darth Maul or, a more likely candidate, Darth Vader 1 on 1 would be so sweet and wouldn't have to carry story implications.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Scorpio, is that "L'Oscurita dell'Ignot" (Xemnas' great KH3D theme) with Darth Vader breathing and light saber noises? Awesome! I always thought Darth Vader and Xemnas were similar (part of the reason I suggested Darth Maul). Also I think I'll make a Darth Maul boss theme in a couple weeks (gotta prepare first).
Eh, I never thought Xemnas and Vader were that similar...

Vader
- Hides face behind mask rather than hood
- backstory's more like an even stupider version of Terra's
- Relies on raw power rather than acrobatics
- Slow and clunky
- Fights in a more traditional two-handed swordfighting technique
- Is not totally beyond redemption

Xemnas
- Hides face with hood
- I guess his body technically has a similar backstory, but the guy himself has more of a "mad scientist" past
- Is acrobatic af, probably o the same level as most of the Prequel Trilogy standards
- Agile; warps around everywhere and will dive-bomb you from a goddamn skyscraper
- Combines dual lightsaber blades and hand-to-hand combat into a deadly spinning dance
- Definitely beyond gone

It's mostly their fighting techniques that set them apart.

Though if you're gonna make a Darth Maul theme, be sure to base it off of Duel of the Fates.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, so I made a big post for this thread yesterday and then my computer shut down unexpectedly and I lost it haha. On the current topic, I think Vader would be an amazing superboss. I feel like thats the sort of Star Wars representation I would like the most. I think they could make the Star Wars characters into sort of world travelers like Stitch was in KH2, maybe show up in Radiant Garden or Cable Town or whatever, but yeah other than that. The idea of Yoko rearranging Duel of the Fates is so enticing, plus lightsaber Keyblade haha. And yeah, this would be one of the few times I support it being one on one (I usually don't like that really, but here its fitting).

As for others, I love the idea of the Big Bad Wolf or Headless Horseman, more super bosses being obscure Disney characters that may not get used otherwise sounds pretty great. I disagree about Facilier and the Horned King though, I think they would be better suited for their own worlds, which have potential to appear just maybe not in this game.

Oh yeah, and I agree we will probably get a Sephiroth fight...but I like this idea of using a different form of his more. I personally would nominate Safer since its his final form (other than shirtless lol) and well yeah I pray this would truly be the last time we fight him, that arc really needs to end haha. Also its more memorable than Bizarro I think, I had to look up what that even looked like :p

Scorpio

Vader
- Relies on raw power rather than acrobatics
- Slow and clunky
- Fights in a more traditional two-handed swordfighting technique

This is how I imagine a secret boss with Vader would go down; a very slow and meditative battle, where he makes up in acrobatics with mind-boggling raw power, and he probably wouldn't stumble from taking hits, making it all the more critical to time your attacks properly.

This could also work as a Darth Vader boss theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5XCw1Ehos

I'm not sure about the music, as I never played DDD, but I found this provided by that link you made of the Gravity Falls battle music; this was along on the sidebar suggestions. I was almost going to link the song you provided, but the concept behind the first one, which lets your imagination do the work by adding sound effects and attack and damage grunts, was subtly brilliant. That editor actually made quite a few different versions of that, including Gideon and Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

[video=youtube;OO4yNRi75u8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO4yNRi75u8[/video]

[video=youtube;yK8joTdixvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8joTdixvI[/video]

Last edited:

k99y77

Awards
They need to make an FF style cavern of remembrance in KH3! its going to be the FF series' 30th anniversary
(assuming KH3 releases in 2017), so instead of data organization battles we fight Final Fantasy bosses from all the main games (except for XI and XIV).

Enix

I know I might get hated for saying this but I think the secret/Bonus boss should be KH1 Sora. Why? Well since time travel is involved with the KH series, it makes sense for it to appear in KH3. And what's not better bringing someone in the past to fight against? Maybe KH1 Sora could have accidentally stepped in a time portal in Traverse Town. While that, KH3 Sora was checking out the portal. And when KH1 Sora came into the future, maybe he thought present Sora was a evil imposter and challenge him to a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back