• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Bad end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So according to different sources Nomura said KH3's ending will be "difficult to swallow". So are we getting that bittersweet ending then? Thoughts?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So according to different sources Nomura said KH3's ending will be "difficult to swallow". So are we getting that bittersweet ending then? Thoughts?
it could mean alot things but im learing toward it has to do something with the propechy

eiczerofour

Something tells me not everyone we want to be saved will be saved. Maybe some will be even further lost. Maybe Terra comes back but Aqua falls so much deeper into darkness, and Riku / Mickey get lost in it too? Or maybe Sora disappears?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora disappering at the end of KH3 is an interesting idea. Though I doubt KH3 would get away with killing the main character in a E rated Disney game. Maybe something else bad happens like Sora losing his keyblade.

Smithee

Awards
Problem is, KH has already done the bittersweetness to death -- to the point where quite a few fans are just too burned out to enjoy the story anymore.

Zul

Awards
Probably just very sentimental with a strong stroke of finality.

Right, he could have meant simply that seeing this arc finally concluded in itself would be hard to swallow.

I'm rather hoping it is that instead of some absurd or forced-tragic event occurring.

Laurel

Awards
I don't really think of 'hard to swallow' as necessarily bad, it could mean that the ending will be bittersweet. Perhaps a character makes a sacrifice. Perhaps another character is unable to return to their normal selves (Terra for example). If any charecter were to die, Riku and Terra are at the top of my list, it's not like I want them to go, but I think Riku has had the most character development through the series and can see him sacrificing himself to save his friends or something, or maybe it's Terra who sacrifices himself. One thing's for sure, Sora's definitely not dying because Nomura has stated that Sora will continue to be the main character after this saga (unless he's trolling).

Echoecho6

Awards
There were a few things I could think of. The characters I can see not having the happy ending most likely to least are
1) Riku - Like you stated it feels like his character came to a head and I know Nomura wants people to appreciate Riku more so
2) Ventus/Roxas - Maybe Sora fails to bring Roxas back in the end. Maybe Ventus gives himself up to save someone, or something happens where they cant both exist at once.
3) Aqua - I could see something where finally after all this time she is freed from the realm of darkness, but for some reason at the end she decides to sacrifice herself or something making it really hard for fans to swallow as they say "WE JUST GOT YOU BACK"..

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Probably not going to leave us fully satisfied and we would wish more would happen but doesn't because it would be the end.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the ending could also mean that riku leaves kairi and sora for good but i whole context of he said clear it up

Pokie

Something bad happening to Sora and Riku just sounds too predictable ( imo ) Maybe all the worlds 'get fixed ' and Sora and Riku have to head back to Destiny's Islands, Donald and Goofy back to Disney Castle etc. So Sora has to say goodbye to Donald, Goofy and Kairi.

Squall Strife

It wouldn't be stretch to say that Sora & or Riku get lost & It's up to Kairi to free them in the next series.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Maybe Sora forgives Xehanort in the end. Yikes.

The Goku Effect. Or, as some like to put it... Talk no Jutsu.

Something tells me not everyone we want to be saved will be saved. Maybe some will be even further lost. Maybe Terra comes back but Aqua falls so much deeper into darkness, and Riku / Mickey get lost in it too? Or maybe Sora disappears?

It's possible. I mean it's been said that people are going to be freed from their torment, and that was alluding to even people like Xion. Thinking of all the people that requires saving, it makes me wonder how that's even going to be pulled off? And if we DO succeed, wouldn't it just kinda be a bit TOO happy of an ending? We still have a whole new saga after this, so it would make sense for something to happen in the end that'll lead into KH4.

1_Mendoza

So I’ve been thinking about Ventus’ and Sora’s connection. Since the reason Sora can use the keyblade is because he is allowing Ventus to heal within his own heart and he is simply “borrowing the power” does it mean once Ven gets woken up, Sora will lose the ability to wield the keyblade? It’s very possible. I also think you can quickly counteract that by having Ventus or even Mickey pass on the power to him, but I think it could be an interesting concept to explore, similar to Kingdom Hearts 1. and just a side thought, during KH1 when Kairi was inside Sora’s heart, wouldn’t she have at least felt the presence of someone else in Sora’s heart (Ventus)? Maybe due to him being asleep he wasn’t able to be felt... idk haha there’s still a lot of ways that you can work around explaining this... Thanks Nomura

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
My personal "interesting ending" would be that keyblades are ruled obsolete. It would be a good segway into the next KH Saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back