• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ outside of Japan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, a few people are being a bit negative about a release of KH2FM+ coming outside of Japan. It's not just on here, but I still wanna say something about it. D:

THINK POSITIVE, PEOPLE.

C'mon! If you don't think positive, KH2FM+ will be Japan-exclusive only and we'll be stuck with no new CoM and no new scenes and extras in KH2. There was nothing changed, except for things that had to with the rating, in any version of KH2 outside of Japan; that's one chance of it coming out of Japan. There's a brand new game and Nomura even said something in an interview about Japanese voices with English subtitles; another chance. More than 10,000 fans want the game; one BIG chance. Square is getting emails from fans, there's a petition, people are chatting to S-E representatives, and being put on a mailing list. There has never been a mailing list for a game before, and it's pretty rare that people have emailed Square and told them how much they want a game with another game besides this one.

It's not a flat out "NO" on this game in English. Just because a game like this has never come outside of Japan doesn't mean it won't now. Just think positive and tell Square how much you want this game, okay? The more emails they get, the more people are put on that mailing list, and even the more people signing that petition will give so much more of a chance for an English KH2FM+!

...Sorry, I had to say that. xD;; I just want people to think positive and not be all negative, cause pessmetic-ness ish sucky. D: OPTIMISM, OPTIMISM! 8O

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Sorry
SE would not make much money here.
1.) Only the hardcore fans are willing to buy it again.
2.) Most people wouldn't see the logic in buying a $70 FM over the $30 KH2 regular version
3.) New consumers would be confused on which version to buy
4.) Final Mixes frustrate consumers, into thinking that they've been scammed from a game that should have included it in the beginning.

It just...wouldn't be too popular except for us.

But I still reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want it to come here.

Nomura said what about what in what interview about English subs with Japanese voices?

More than 10,000 fans want the game

But it takes way more to make a profit.

TepidShark

Awards
Sorry
2.) Most people wouldn't see the logic in buying a $70 FM over the $30 KH2 regular version
4.) Final Mixes frustrate consumers, into thinking that they've been scammed from a game that should have included it in the beginning.

More than 10,000 fans want the game

Okay, a few people are being a bit negative about a release of KH2FM+ coming outside of Japan. It's not just on here, but I still wanna say something about it. D:

THINK POSITIVE, PEOPLE.

C'mon! If you don't think positive, KH2FM+ will be Japan-exclusive only and we'll be stuck with no new CoM and no new scenes and extras in KH2. There was nothing changed, except for things that had to with the rating, in any version of KH2 outside of Japan; that's one chance of it coming out of Japan. There's a brand new game and Nomura even said something in an interview about Japanese voices with English subtitles; another chance. More than 10,000 fans want the game; one BIG chance. Square is getting emails from fans, there's a petition, people are chatting to S-E representatives, and being put on a mailing list. There has never been a mailing list for a game before, and it's pretty rare that people have emailed Square and told them how much they want a game with another game besides this one.

It's not a flat out "NO" on this game in English. Just because a game like this has never come outside of Japan doesn't mean it won't now. Just think positive and tell Square how much you want this game, okay? The more emails they get, the more people are put on that mailing list, and even the more people signing that petition will give so much more of a chance for an English KH2FM+!

...Sorry, I had to say that. xD;; I just want people to think positive and not be all negative, cause pessmetic-ness ish sucky. D: OPTIMISM, OPTIMISM! 8O

Dogenzaka, they could convince people to buy it if Square Enix made it absolutely clear what was going to be in the package. And Square Enix has two big bullet points to entice people. Those are that they are including a fully 3-D re-make of Chain of Memories, and, for those that thought the original Kingdom Hearts 2 was too easy, this version can be much harder. Pretty much the reverse of Devil May Cry 3 in which the original was considered too hard and Capcom convinced people to buy the special edition because it was easier.

Takushi Rena is right this fight is not over and there are many signs that point to a US release such as Nomura not flat out saying it is not coming to the US, and the gaming publications claiming it is coming. These things didn't happen with other Square Enix "remixes". Also, unlike other international versions that come out very near the US and European releases, this is releases a year after the US release and if a US version is coming it would be almost 2 years after the original KH2's Japanese release and about a year and a half after the original KH2's US release. And many things have changed since the first Final Mix, such as the results of the series's sales in the US, and Square and Enix merging. Sure, I am not saying it is 100% coming to the US, but I am not saying it is absolutly not coming to the US either. For now, I am staying postive.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Being positive is your best bet, but Dogenzaka raised a good point; 10,000 people isn't going to make Square tons of money. Actually, I think more than 10,000 would buy FM+, but I can't say that 100%.

Anyways. . . yeah.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, more then likely alot of people will by Final Mix+, because unlike Internation for FFX, or KH1FM, or other expansions kept away in Japan.

KH2FM+ Actually focuses alot more on Storyline, then it does on just giving us extra content.

re:COM Is also a bet, as Nomura mainly tried to not involve Chain of Memories Organization into KH2, due to the lack of GBA players of Chain of Memories. If he is smart, as well as not to create confusion among U.S Players, it would be better if he sent Kingdom Hearts Final Mix II+ Here, it wouldn't effect the sales.

However this would cause Square-Enix a bit more money, as Final Mix+ Will have to be advertised, more then Kingdom Hearts II did in order to actually grab attention of players to let them know that "This is more then just a simple expansion for hardcore fans"

Cause Square-Enix has been giving that impression alot in Japan, that it's more then just a simple expansion.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
There was nothing changed, except for things that had to with the rating, in any version of KH2 outside of Japan; that's one chance of it coming out of Japan.

Just because they didn't add anything for us doesn't mean they don't want to keep the game for themselves

There's a brand new game and Nomura even said something in an interview about Japanese voices with English subtitles; another chance.

....no, the game will have English voice acting with Japanese subtitles because the Japanese like the English voice-actors

More than 10,000 fans want the game; one BIG chance.

10,000 isn't a lot...considering the production costs, 10,000 people buying it isn't even enough to get 1/10th of the way towards breaking even

Square is getting emails from fans, there's a petition, people are chatting to S-E representatives, and being put on a mailing list.

Square is getting emails from fans to do all kinds of rap, from making a Cactuar game to making a Super Mario RPG 2 game to making a Jack the Ripper RPG, that doesn't change their mind

Online petitions do nothing

There has never been a mailing list for a game before,

Hahaha...ahahhaa.....hahaha...haha...haha...ha....wait were you serious?

I could go talk to a S-E 'representative' in a chatroom and request a Puff the Magic Dragon game and I'd get put on a mailing list for it

and it's pretty rare that people have emailed Square and told them how much they want a game with another game besides this one.

...do you want me to start laughing again?
It's not a flat out "NO" on this game in English.

The game's voice acting is already in English if you want to get technical

Zaraki

Sorry

Non of this stopped capcom from releasing a better version of DMC3 but then again it didnt cost $70....but the thing is I think Fm+ costs $70 because it comes with 2 games really. If they were to released seperatly FM+ would probaly be $40 and Com would be $30.

D

Deleted member 36435

They is a next to nothing chance of KHII:FM+ coming to America, and there a tons of threads on this.
Mods please close this.

TepidShark

Awards
So if 10,000 people at $70 that is $700,000 Square Enix makes. Not bad not amazing but not half bad either. But we are also not counting the fact that in Japan the packs cost is equal to the cost of one game. So, if it were to come over here it would be the cost of one game which I guess would be $50. The other possiblity is that Square Enix could release it in the US as the Greatest Hits version for maybe not $20, but maybe $30 or $40.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
So if 10,000 people at $70 that is $700,000 Square Enix makes. Not bad not amazing but not half bad either. But we are also not counting the fact that in Japan the packs cost is equal to the cost of one game. So, if it were to come over here it would be the cost of one game which I guess would be $50. The other possiblity is that Square Enix could release it in the US as the Greatest Hits version for maybe not $20, but maybe $30 or $40.

no, that's not their profit, you pointed the approximate revenue. subract production costs,(etc) from $700,000 and there's how much they profit

D

Deleted member 36435

Yeah, it probably would cost them more 700grand to make KHII:FM+ because for Re:CoM they have to pay voice-actors, translators, then actually make the discs, so yeah that'll cost around 2.5million dollars.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
They is a next to nothing chance of KHII:FM+ coming to America, and there a tons of threads on this.
Mods please close this.

Lol, A Mod OPENED this.

I doubt the mods are going to listen you.

Anyways, want to hear the truth? People that say that it'll DEFINATLY come to NA are making ASSUMPTIONS. Likewise, people that say there's almost zero chance of it coming to NA are making ASSUMPTIONS.

Nobody honestly knows.

So, it's a wait-and-see.

gosox333

Lol, A Mod OPENED this.

I doubt the mods are going to listen you.

Anyways, want to hear the truth? People that say that it'll DEFINATLY come to NA are making ASSUMPTIONS. Likewise, people that say there's almost zero chance of it coming to NA are making ASSUMPTIONS.

Nobody honestly knows.

So, it's a wait-and-see.

THANK YOU. nobody besides SE knows anything so stop arguing and just wait and see what happens

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
Um... Gosoxs333...

take that sig off your Signature >D Cardinals>YOU

___

Anyway, i think it might come out! Im trying to stay postiave! If it involces the storyline then well.. im sure they might send it! i dont wont an open Page on the storyline! I want the whole thing! thats like saying "the book is missing chapter 12" you need to chapter 12 to go on to 13.

So it might happen. Keep some spirt!

If not then leave khinsider >>;

This is a Kingdom Hearts website.

Sorry

Nomura said what about what in what interview about English subs with Japanese voices?

Hey........hey........hey, I would buy even though it would be 70 bucks. It's understanding 2 me why it would be in that price range.

D

Deleted member 36435

Hey........hey........hey, I would buy even though it would be 70 bucks. It's understanding 2 me why it would be in that price range.
Yeah its understanding to you because you're on this sight and hopefully read the updates ont he game and know the extra content, average gamers don't view fansites thus not knowing why it is in that price range and they would pick up the cheaper 30 buck game not really caring about a few fights here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back