• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ Outside-of-Japan Release Date Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Oh I heard they made KH2FM+ because we heard more features I guess I was wrong...My bad..

Well, I think you read about KHFM. But in any case, that's not really the sole reason. SE always made these Director's Cuts before KH1FM, even when the english/european and japanese versions of said games were the same.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
That's nice...To know and that the fact they get everything...I mean KH2FM+ has it's ups and downs coming here , like why are so much game websites and magzines saying it will come out...I mean might as well not mention it at all..I mean if it didn't have Re Chain of Memories on it then it wouldn't be as big..Or if it had a secret ending..But it does.And much more things

Well, Japan did make the game so they have the right to add or subtract whatever they want and keep it to themselves. The websites (big example: Wikipedia) and magazines just say "OMG it's coming out everybody get ready" just cause it's what they think or what some crazy person yelled out to in front of his house. They just want people to get excited and buy the zine until they get the news and drop the thing to go onto the next topic.

It's not fair, but the world is going to keep spinning. I'd guess it's just a mixed blessing to get the manga and the dubbed KH2.

KingdomCrownSora

Well, Japan did make the game so they have the right to add or subtract whatever they want and keep it to themselves. The websites (big example: Wikipedia) and magazines just say "OMG it's coming out everybody get ready" just cause it's what they think or what some crazy person yelled out to in front of his house. They just want people to get excited and buy the zine until they get the news and drop the thing to go onto the next topic.

It's not fair, but the world is going to keep spinning. I'd guess it's just a mixed blessing to get the manga and the dubbed KH2.
They shlouldn't believe everything they read or say I mean half the time it isn't right..I want that game more then anything ..I want it to come out , if it doesn't I'll like get so ticked off..I'll just import.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Well, first I wanna say hi, because I haven't been here in a while!! (Been real busy lately). Any way, I used to want KHFM+ and reCOM, but:

1) after playing COM and then afterwards watching it on Youtube I realized that the 3D version is going to be exactly like the original version. The only difference is that it is 3D. Everything else is so much like from the original, its kinda of a question of why they released in the first place. There is really no reason to spend money on a new game that is exactly like my old one. (You will even be fighting the same old bosses from KH1 aalllllllll over again.)

2) There is no reason to get Final Mix 2 because all the cutscenes from KH2 Fm will be in 358/2 days, except in the scenes with the organization, they'll be talking. And all though we didn't get to fight organization 13 member Roxas, we get to use all those cool techniques, and, from want square-enix tells us, get to fight Roxas as other organization members.

3) KH2 final mix is a big spoiler game. I hate spoilers because its no fun when you know all the answers. I like surprises!

These are reasons I feel are decent reasons why we don't need it. That doesn't mean we won't get it. If we do, it'll be at a later date. tesuya Nomura said he is "aware we want Final Mix". Lets just keep to those hopeful words and leave it at that. I look forward to Birth By Sleep, though!

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Yes it does.

It's too late.

When? Source plz.

Well, for one, Tetsuya Momura never said we weren't getting it. The source was from the feed on G4, where Tetsuya said this exact quote. "I'm aware that America wants Final mix, I have plans for America". Although, I'm sure we are not getting it because the first one we did not get, but Tesuya never said anything about so we can't assume anything. We really don't need it. Its not important when our next three games are going to have just about everything that final Mix had.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, for one, Tetsuya Momura never said we weren't getting it.

1. Nomura doesn't have much input on the matter.

2. SE will never say they will NOT bring KH2FM here. It doesn't work like that. Companies don't have much of an obligation to tell us what they WON'T be doing.

The source was from the feed on G4, where Tetsuya said this exact quote. "I'm aware that America wants Final mix, I have plans for America".

Hmmm, sorry, don't buy that. You're going to need more convicing evidence, because I find it highly implausible that he would say that.

Although, I'm sure we are not getting it because the first one we did not get, but Tesuya never said anything about so we can't assume anything.

Again: Nomura doesn't have anything to do with it. He's not involved in the localization process at all, it's not his decision, why does everyone assume it is?

Also, bringing KH2FM here: stupid idea, especially now. Buzz has died, too many have imported, etc.

We really don't need it. Its not important when our next three games are going to have just about everything that final Mix had.

True.

Last edited:

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
1. Nomura doesn't have much input on the matter.

2. SE will never say they will NOT bring KH2FM here. It doesn't work like that. Companies don't have much of an obligation to tell us what they WON'T be doing.

Hmmm, sorry, don't buy that. You're going to need more convicing evidence, because I find it highly implausible that he would say that.

True.

"SE" said that the first KH1FM wasn't being sent over here 'cause it wouldn't make any money. When they said that it was a clue that we weren't getting it. I'm just not trying to assume about any game that are from Square-Enix........

About the evidence you're right. I'm going to have to look for the article where I found it........

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
"SE" said that the first KH1FM wasn't being sent over here 'cause it wouldn't make any money.

When, exactly...? I'd like a link, because I don't think they'd go out and say that...

When they said that it was a clue that we weren't getting it. I'm just not trying to assume about any game that are from Square-Enix........

Well, here's a clue: they haven't said anything for SIX MONTHS. They would have said something by now. They had their last chance at E3. It's too late now.

Last edited:

Seftrex

I wish you two would stop arguing grrr.... To end this madness, Hades is right soraworldseen and nothing you do/say is going to change that (unless your provide proof of your claims). Now the 'Trex has spoken, now please play nice :p

KingdomCrownSora

This Is What I Think About Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ Might Come Or Not

The Reasons Why I Think It Will Not Come :
-KH1FM did not come to the USA
-This is what Normura said : I think Americans should experiance Japanese Gameplay
-Not much has been said about this particular game coming
-Lots of Imports already.

The Reasons Why I Think It Might Come :
-Yes the first FM did not come but this one has a new game plus more features
-Bunches of release dates.Why am I saying this? Because if this game was not coming not one release date would have come up.
-Normura said that he had plans for America..Also he said there was a surprise at the end of the year for USA and Europe.

This Is For the People Assume That It's NOT Coming :
Okay this is what I have to say about the people who assume it's not coming...First of all you wouldn't know if it's not coming..Are you Japan SE? NO , your not so you also wouldn't know..I'm not saying I would know I'm just saying that..Espcially since nothing has been confirmed about this game that everyone wants.You think it's to late for this game to come out...Well SE likes surprises right..Also it was heard and told that we have a surprise..That is why nothing has been said about this..

I hope that this game wil come out..I'm not saying it will and I'm not saying it won't...I'm going to wait and take the 1/1/08 date ...If nothing happens I'll simply import because it shouldn't take that long if it was to come out..So the only thing we can do is wait and hope that it will..If it doesn't just import or forget the game ever came out and wait for the next ones..Don't get your hopes up though...Remember nothing has been confirmed..So you can't say anything about if it will or will not...I hope you take this amongst your selves.

Seftrex

This Is What I Think About Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ Might Come Or Not

The Reasons Why I Think It Will Not Come :
-KH1FM did not come to the USA
-This is what Normura said : I think Americans should experiance Japanese Gameplay
-Not much has been said about this particular game coming
-Lots of Imports already.

-Bunches of release dates.Why am I saying this? Because if this game was not coming not one release date would have come up.
-Normura said that he had plans for America..Also he said there was a surprise at the end of the year for USA and Europe.

This Is For the People Assume That It's NOT Coming :
Okay this is what I have to say about the people who assume it's not coming...First of all you wouldn't know if it's not coming..Are you Japan SE? NO , your not so you also wouldn't know..I'm not saying I would know I'm just saying that..Espcially since nothing has been confirmed about this game that everyone wants.You think it's to late for this game to come out...Well SE likes surprises right..Also it was heard and told that we have a surprise..That is why nothing has been said about this..

I hope that this game wil come out..I'm not saying it will and I'm not saying it won't...I'm going to wait and take the 1/1/08 date ...If nothing happens I'll simply import because it shouldn't take that long if it was to come out..So the only thing we can do is wait and hope that it will..If it doesn't just import or forget the game ever came out and wait for the next ones..Don't get your hopes up though...Remember nothing has been confirmed..So you can't say anything about if it will or will not...I hope you take this amongst your selves.

Uhh there was also a release date for Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and yet that isn't out???

I respect that you believe it is coming, but there is to many facts to dismiss your theory/idea completely. Square Enix will never say if it is not coming out anywhere else, they believe that people will heed common sense. I'm sorry but it is not coming out anywhere outside of Japan, if you believe I am incorrect or my words are flawed, please wait until HadesDragon appears magicly and backs up what I say, plus a few words of his own. But I know he will not enjoy repeating himself, as I don't either.

KingdomCrownSora

Uhh there was also a release date for Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and yet that isn't out???

I respect that you believe it is coming, but there is to many facts to dismiss your theory/idea completely. Square Enix will never say if it is not coming out anywhere else, they believe that people will heed common sense. I'm sorry but it is not coming out anywhere outside of Japan, if you believe I am incorrect or my words are flawed, please wait until HadesDragon appears magicly and backs up what I say, plus a few words of his own. But I know he will not enjoy repeating himself, as I don't either.
First of all , are you the owner of SE Japan...Hmm..NO you are not so you don't no squat..Yes I do believe you are incorrect..Yes SE probably won't say anything because it is possibly a surprise if you didn't hear Norumura......I'm not saying it will come out..Nor am I saying it won't..I'm going to to if that release date is true for 1/1/08..If it's not I will import the game.Nothing has been confirmed about this game so you and I and the many other people don't know what will happen..

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Yes.

Ever heard of fake release dates? Sites and magazines lie. EGM, who said KH2FM would come here, also said the same thing about the first FM.

1. No, he did not. Something like that would be common knowledge by now.

..Also he said there was a surprise at the end of the year for USA and Europe.

Fail.

1. That interview wasn't with Nomura. It was with a random marketing rep. Like I said, he doesn't have much input on the matter, it's none of his business.

2. That interview was either fake, or the guy had no idea what he was going on about. He said they were "making KH3 for PS3". That clearly contradicts what Nomura had been expressing at the time (that it would be for a handheld, and would not be called KH3).

Okay this is what I have to say about the people who assume it's not coming...First of all you wouldn't know if it's not coming..Are you Japan SE? NO , your not so you also wouldn't know..

Yeah, right, because we need to be part of SE to realize the obvious truth?

I'm not saying I would know I'm just saying that..Espcially since nothing has been confirmed about this game that everyone wants.

Yeah, and that's exactly WHY it's not coming. They would have said something by now. They had their last chance at E3.

You think it's to late for this game to come out...

I KNOW it's too late.

Well SE likes surprises right..

And? Big deal. That really doesn't change the fact that it's too late.

Also it was heard and told that we have a surprise..

No. Read above.

That is why nothing has been said about this..

No, nothing has been said because it's not coming.

I'm going to wait and take the 1/1/08 date ...

1UP lies. Also, try to use common sense: it's NEW YEAR. Nothing is open, everyone is hungover. GREAT time to release a game, eh?

Remember nothing has been confirmed..

SE will never confirm that they will NOT bring KH2FM here. That's not how it works.

So you can't say anything about if it will or will not...I hope you take this amongst your selves.

Uh, no. Seriously: no offense, but I've seen loads of people like you here. So, so many times. And you all, most of you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You have no idea how companies or business works, and you all go shooting your mouths off. I'm going to give you a rundown on WHY it won't be released here, and I hope you can understand:

SE has had plenty of time to announce a release date for the game. More than six months. They had their last chance at E3 this year. That was their last chance to announce a release date, when the american audience was watching and listening. Yet, they said nothing. Because there's nothing to say on the matter.

They will also NOT announce that they will NOT bring it here, ever. Companies don't do that. For instance: Nintendo has never announced that they will NOT remake Super Mario Bros and replace Mario with Fidel Castro. Yet obviously we can assume that such a game will never be made.

Secondly, it would be a terrible business move. In the USA, KH is a series that appeals to casual gamers first and foremost. They're not the Director's Cut types.

If KH2FM were to be brought here, they'd have to translate it, get the KH2 VA's back, find new VA's for the CoM Org. members, they'd have to ship it, to advertise it, distribute it, spend a lot of time and resources.

It'd have to be fully priced, and the majority of the people who buy the KH games wouldn't consider it a wise investment.

And just in case you're going to get started, no, message boards and other such places prove squat. They don't generally hold the casual gamers, who are the majority of the opinion holders. They only hold the more hardcore fans, the small niche market that wants FM+.

There's also the fact that the more time passes, the deader the PS2 gets. Its days are numbered.

Finally, a lot of the people who wanted it have already imported, and most of them certainly wouldn't be buying it again just because it's in english.

So, all in all, it's not going to be released here, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I respect that you believe it is coming, but there is to many facts to dismiss your theory/idea completely.

True.

Square Enix will never say if it is not coming out anywhere else, they believe that people will heed common sense.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I'm sorry but it is not coming out anywhere outside of Japan, if you believe I am incorrect or my words are flawed, please wait until HadesDragon appears magicly and backs up what I say, plus a few words of his own. But I know he will not enjoy repeating himself, as I don't either.

Lol done.

First of all , are you the owner of SE Japan...Hmm..NO you are not so you don't no squat..

Right, so because he doesn't own SE, he can't use common sense, and can't see the truth, right?

Yes I do believe you are incorrect..

You're the one who's incorrect. Most, if not all of the people who says it has any chance of coming here are.

Yes SE probably won't say anything because it is possibly a surprise if you didn't hear Norumura......

Fail for the reasons I stated above.

Nor am I saying it won't..I'm going to to if that release date is true for 1/1/08..If it's not I will import the game.

See above counter.

Nothing has been confirmed about this game so you and I and the many other people don't know what will happen..

That's what you don't get: WE DON'T NEED CONFIRMATION. They never said they WEREN'T going to be bringing the first FM here, and it's the same for every game that never leaves Japan.

Honestly: anyone with common sense can see the obvious signs that point to it NOT being released here. So why can't you?

Last edited:

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
1UP lies. Also, try to use common sense: it's NEW YEAR. Nothing is open, everyone is hungover. GREAT time to release a game, eh?

Oh Hades I love reading your posts some times. I love how you back everything up. Good job man. Rep for you!!

KingdomCrownSora

Yes.

Ever heard of fake release dates? Sites and magazines lie. EGM, who said KH2FM would come here, also said the same thing about the first FM.

1. No, he did not. Something like that would be common knowledge by now.

Fail.

1. That interview wasn't with Nomura. It was with a random marketing rep. Like I said, he doesn't have much input on the matter, it's none of his business.

2. That interview was either fake, or the guy had no idea what he was going on about. He said they were "making KH3 for PS3". That clearly contradicts what Nomura had been expressing at the time (that it would be for a handheld, and would not be called KH3).

Yeah, right, because we need to be part of SE to realize the obvious truth?

Yeah, and that's exactly WHY it's not coming. They would have said something by now. They had their last chance at E3.

I KNOW it's too late.

And? Big deal. That really doesn't change the fact that it's too late.

No. Read above.

No, nothing has been said because it's not coming.

SE will never confirm that they will NOT bring KH2FM here. That's not how it works.

Uh, no. Seriously: no offense, but I've seen loads of people like you here. So, so many times. And you all, most of you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You have no idea how companies or business works, and you all go shooting your mouths off. I'm going to give you a rundown on WHY it won't be released here, and I hope you can understand:

SE has had plenty of time to announce a release date for the game. More than six months. They had their last chance at E3 this year. That was their last chance to announce a release date, when the american audience was watching and listening. Yet, they said nothing. Because there's nothing to say on the matter.

They will also NOT announce that they will NOT bring it here, ever. Companies don't do that. For instance: Nintendo has never announced that they will NOT remake Super Mario Bros and replace Mario with Fidel Castro. Yet obviously we can assume that such a game will never be made.

Secondly, it would be a terrible business move. In the USA, KH is a series that appeals to casual gamers first and foremost. They're not the Director's Cut types.

If KH2FM were to be brought here, they'd have to translate it, get the KH2 VA's back, find new VA's for the CoM Org. members, they'd have to ship it, to advertise it, distribute it, spend a lot of time and resources.

It'd have to be fully priced, and the majority of the people who buy the KH games wouldn't consider it a wise investment.

And just in case you're going to get started, no, message boards and other such places prove squat. They don't generally hold the casual gamers, who are the majority of the opinion holders. They only hold the more hardcore fans, the small niche market that wants FM+.

There's also the fact that the more time passes, the deader the PS2 gets. Its days are numbered.

Finally, a lot of the people who wanted it have already imported, and most of them certainly wouldn't be buying it again just because it's in english.

So, all in all, it's not going to be released here, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

True.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Lol done.

Right, so because he doesn't own SE, he can't use common sense, and can't see the truth, right?

You're the one who's incorrect. Most, if not all of the people who says it has any chance of coming here are.

Fail for the reasons I stated above.

See above counter.

That's what you don't get: WE DON'T NEED CONFIRMATION. They never said they WEREN'T going to be bringing the first FM here, and it's the same for every game that never leaves Japan.

Honestly: anyone with common sense can see the obvious signs that point to it NOT being released here. So why can't you?
Thank you , now I'm importing..Great point...

Omni Terra

Awards
Man I want Final Mix+ so Badly. I can Kind of understand not having the first FM not coming ( Japan Didn't get the extra bosses) here but I also wonder what this suprise is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back