• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ Outside-of-Japan Release Date Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
That'll be messed up if it doesn't come to the US... Disney owes it to us!

You seem to be forgetting that even though Disney technically owns KH, the games and business decisions are still made by SE.

Really, what do they owe us? SE won't bring the game here, because in all honesty, there isn't a big enough market for it.

It's not coming to the US, get over it, move on with your life.

DoubleEdgedBlade

ok, total downer, but it is good
if you people did a little research, one person has contacted the US rep for SE, they cant get KH2FM+ into the us cuz of SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America), they have standerds that SE can't meet, their trying to sell FM+ for the full price of 49.99, but SCEA needs them to have 40% new meterial to do that, and english voiceover option to sell at all.

without packaging RE:CoM with KH2FM+, they won't get over 40% new meterial, and they won't package RE: CoM without authentic voiceovers, which for some reason SE can't get for it (wtf, they got it for the JAPANESE voiceovers in KH2FM+)

so basically, SE is trying, but Sony is too strict

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
if you people did a little research, one person has contacted the US rep for SE, they cant get KH2FM+ into the us cuz of SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America), they have standerds that SE can't meet, their trying to sell FM+ for the full price of 49.99, but SCEA needs them to have 40% new meterial to do that, and english voiceover option to sell at all.

without packaging RE:CoM with KH2FM+, they won't get over 40% new meterial, and they won't package RE: CoM without authentic voiceovers, which for some reason SE can't get for it (wtf, they got it for the JAPANESE voiceovers in KH2FM+)

Meh, I really doubt that such is the case. SE would really have no reason to try to have the game shipped here in the first place.

I really don't see the point of this thread anymore. FM+ is never going to leave Japan...fact.

DoubleEdgedBlade

i never said it was, i was just saying thats what i found when i dug a little, it would be too costly for SE to make the nessicary changes to the game to pass SCEA standerds

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i never said it was, i was just saying thats what i found when i dug a little, it would be too costly for SE to make the nessicary changes to the game to pass SCEA standerds

Ah, well, in any case, the point that KH2FM will not be released anywhere outside Japan still stands.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Not a fact until proven. There's still the slim possibility.

You really think SE will announce they're NOT bringing the game here? That's not the way things work. The possibility is so small that the next KH game will have a ham sandwhich as a protagonist before that happens.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
They said it might come in the fall.

By "they" you mean EGM, who isn't realible. 1UP has guessed a second release date, but that doesn't make it true either.

SE itself has said nothing since the game was released.

If fall rolls around and there's no KH FM+, then you can call it a fact.

We can call it a fact now.

Until then, keep wishing.

Uh, no. If you want to, that's fine, but be braced for disappointment.

TepidShark

Awards

Well if that is the case, then I am glad to at least get a reason for them not releasing it in America, as opposed to other times when it has just it is not coming out here and we are not going to tell you why. An it is also good to know that Square Enix tryed with this one. Still, there is something I don't understand, why does Sony America demand an English voiceover option? Aren't there a lot of games that come to America still only voiced in the original Japanese(with English subtitles of course)?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well if that is the case, then I am glad to at least get a reason for them not releasing it in America, as opposed to other times when it has just it is not coming out here and we are not going to tell you why.

Well, why should they tell us? I would think it obvious that most people would assume that SE DC games stay japanese-exclusive. They don't need to tell us squat.

An it is also good to know that Square Enix tryed with this one. Still, there is something I don't understand, why does Sony America demand an English voiceover option?

Because it would need such for it to be a good job.

Aren't there a lot of games that come to America still only voiced in the original Japanese(with English subtitles of course)?

Point out a few for me, please. Because that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Oh well. It would have been nice to see the game come over here but it isn't really a big deal. As for the game still coming to the us. I think that I have a better chance of becoming a famous actor then FM+ coming to the us. Please close this thread. Why remain to keep it open? I see no valid reasons.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
To Hades Genji Dawn of the Samural is in english subtitles with jap voiced

Name a few more. In fact, name one SE game. Look, facts are, SE isn't going to do that because they go all out. They would not leave the JP voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back