• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ on PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

enygma

sorry there was already a topic on this but it got closed before i could reply. it is actually possable to play foreign PS2 games. but it requires opening the PS3 and doing some things. you need to solder in a 3-way switch on the disc ejecter. how it works???well first you get your switch and some wire. one way the switch will force eject the disc, middle will be neutral, and the other way will force the ps3 to suck in the disc. DO NOT HIT THE EJECT BUTTON. then put in a ps2 game, wait till it reads and force eject then switch back to neutral, if you look at your screen the ps3 will still think theres a disc inside, put your backup or whatever in the tray then slide the switch to force suck then back to neutral. and enjoy. at least i believe it should work for foreign games however im not willing to modify my ps3 in such a manner, a ps2 and swap magic is cheaper then possably killing my ps3 while its still on warrenty

Bunneh

Website
www.thebunneh.net
Personally, I wouldn't attempt any modifications on any system until you're out of the warranty.
But your description is accurate. You solder wires from a switch onto the terminal that activates a force eject, not a regular eject.
Personally, I think that the demo videos were kind of ugly. I wouldn't even mod a PS3 if I had one. Not yet. Not until there were enough reasons for me to go out of my way and ruin a PS3 to do that, such as there being enough Japanese games I'm interesting in that aren't coming to America.
I'm happy with my modded PS2 for the time being. It hasn't failed me yet :3.

enygma

yeah the actual ps3 warrenty isn't very long but i got a 3 year in store warrenty. by the time thats up ps3's should be cheap enough that id be willing to mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back