• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM is what the original KH2 should have been

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Divine Light

I bet a bunch of people think the same thing. KH2FM shouldn't have been a FM at all the orginal KH2 should have had all the stuff the FM did. this way it could have been multi region without having to do all the importing and stuff. so it may have taken alittle longer to make/release KH2 but I think it would have been worth it. anyone agree?

TheDood

Yeah that would have been better, but then again they got more money out of it all so I don't square would care =p

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I totally agree. The bonus stuff in this game are for most part capital element to the story, and the game is far funnier with everything inside.

Sadly, even if FM+ had ben KH2 normal, Nomura would have done a FM+ with still more bonus stuff... They'll always want gain more money, that is why they'd have done a FM+ in any case, most popular game get it, and true fan will buy the same game two time... They really play with us on it, but even me I'm falling in the trap since I'm going to buy the game. I hate this aspect of video game market...

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
like Cid said even if FM was the norm more content would be added and we'd be back to square one.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
In a word yes. The if the Japan only copy had been the international copy I think it would have been much more fun. Just think if that was the normal copy just imagine what would be in the Final Mix of that. Having Riku and Kairi helping you kill nobodies in TWTNW would probably just be the beginning with a video at the end that might have showed us more of Terra, Aqua, and Ven. Something to think about isn't it? ^_^

Hyrenking

Would it be nice if all the content from FM was in the original? Of course!
Does it make sense to expect that kind of content? No! Here's why. And yes, I understand this is all my opinion, but anyway;
The majority of the new content for FM2 was stuff that looks to the next games in the series. With all the extra cutscenes, the real interesting ones of which are from the past and explain the nuances of the game's story, the Terra boss battle, and if you will; even the cave of rememberance itself was about sharing information that will definetly be explained in the future games. So why do we want the extra content of future games in the current game?
What it comes down to is that no video game company will consider adding hints at future games in a game that they are currently working on. The focus is on the project at hand, and Square Enix is no exception.
That we expect FM quality from the original is probably just a testament to their high standards in their past products.
This make any sense? As I realize now that I've been rambling for awhile... So, Yeah... I voted no...

Macabre

Gold Member
we always want something perfect.kh2fm+ being original,then better fm+ coming out as said before.same thing.

A

Azrael

I frankly would have want it for the free English would be Re:CoM, but it never happened *sigh*

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Would it be nice if all the content from FM was in the original? Of course!
Does it make sense to expect that kind of content? No! Here's why. And yes, I understand this is all my opinion, but anyway;
The majority of the new content for FM2 was stuff that looks to the next games in the series. With all the extra cutscenes, the real interesting ones of which are from the past and explain the nuances of the game's story, the Terra boss battle, and if you will; even the cave of rememberance itself was about sharing information that will definetly be explained in the future games. So why do we want the extra content of future games in the current game?
What it comes down to is that no video game company will consider adding hints at future games in a game that they are currently working on. The focus is on the project at hand, and Square Enix is no exception.
That we expect FM quality from the original is probably just a testament to their high standards in their past products.
This make any sense? As I realize now that I've been rambling for awhile... So, Yeah... I voted no...
What?

Anyways The FM copy of KH2 was pretty much either one of two things, S-E's low down dirty genius way to get more money from people (Americans included) even though it was said that one would not be released or Nomura trying to make up for what KH2 was, I choose both. I think the FM version of KH2 being the original would have been more pleasing but even still I doubt that KH2 would have been any better than it was with the added content.

Xziled

this will not end well
Website
xziled.zoints.com
i put no becuz it wouldnt be fm if it was the origina but whats got me is that the kh2fm didnt go international like the original. i understand why kh1fm stayed in japan but this time kh2 was the same for every one and they still made the kh2fm with re:COM and i dint get why some people say it'll be a waste of money making an international one they could have at least brought re:COM here

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
i put no becuz it wouldnt be fm if it was the origina but whats got me is that the kh2fm didnt go international like the original. i understand why kh1fm stayed in japan but this time kh2 was the same for every one and they still made the kh2fm with re:COM and i dint get why some people say it'll be a waste of money making an international one they could have at least brought re:COM here
Because most Westerners aren't as stupid and in love with S-E as our Japanese counterparts or at least S-E doesn't think we are. Even still Re:COM had enough to offer for at least a $30 or $40 purchase IMO but that's how S-E is..I've been trying to get Itadaki street over to the US for like ever.

DarkeTiger

Website
www.kevan.org
I was thinking they could have just put the final mix content as the start for KH2, then you'd continue onto the actual game (could have been put in CoM, but I'd prefer it to be fully 3d and on a console)

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I'm in between there. It would've been sorta fair if Square had made the original KH2 an FM+, but there could've been a difference he decided to more to the Japanese version or just made an FM after that. Western buyers would still go after it and Square would be making more money. If the NA Square had the power to add some more good stuff to our KH2 that the Japanese didn't, then we wouldn't be complaining, but then they'd do something like that too and things would go crazy. But that's the power of business in a way.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i wished square-enix would just take their time making the game rather then release it early. it kinda looks like they were rushed into making kingdom hearts ii. i am proud about yoko shimomura. she did her job pretty well.

Last edited:

Lexeon

Here's a thought...

Have you ever did something, finished it, then later, thought about something to improve it. That might be why Nomura released Final Mixes. He might have thought of new and better ways to improve the games. And why they aren't released outside Japan maybe:

They might loose money, because of a lot of people already having the original games, and not wanting to play it over.

LinkSlySora

I think it should have been, in some ways.

The Heartless's colors should have been the same as the KH2 version (but if a FM version was made the colors would change)

The organization XIII bosses from CoM in the differnet worlds should have stayed the same, but the extra dungeon with thel evel 99 versions the game would be fine w/o.

All the cutscenes that where put in FM (except maybe the secret ending) should have been included, I feel the game could have been a bit better, storyline wise.

Some of the abilities should have been included in the origanal, but not all, and the Limit Form I'm not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back