• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 was censored?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
If you've ever heard did you know gaming you should check out his kingdom hearts episode. One of the things that stuck out to me in that video was the fact that KH2 was censored in America on account of several issues. Four instance the hydra battle was supposed to have green blood but instead it was replaced with purple smoke in the American version. Do you think that the censorship was justified or not?

MegaCore5

Awards
Yes LH2 was censored for what you said, those changes fixed in FM and in 2.5
So apparently America's KH company had a change of heart? Still... I don't see how it was a problem in the first place. Some other drastic changes they made were in the Pirates of the Caribbean world where they used to carry guns now they only carry crossbows.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So apparently America's KH company had a change of heart? Still... I don't see how it was a problem in the first place. Some other drastic changes they made were in the Pirates of the Caribbean world where they used to carry guns now they only carry crossbows.

It has mostly to do with thee new E10+ rating, that a few things were needed to be watched. That's why KH is never T rated for a reason.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They allowed blood into the game (for the Pirates world), so I don't really see how the other parts of the game had to be censored. I kind of feel like they did it to keep the game from getting a T rating, though. (But I'm not sure that those things, if they were unchanged, would've given the game a more mature rating lulz)

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They allowed blood into the game (for the Pirates world), so I don't really see how the other parts of the game had to be censored. I kind of feel like they did it to keep the game from getting a T rating, though. (But I'm not sure that those things, if they were unchanged, would've given the game a more mature rating lulz)
If blood is very mild not over the top, I can't see KH going higher than T.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
At least the censorship wasn't anything too huge. Its still the same game in the long run. lol

MegaCore5

Awards
maybe they were concerned with him now a blood that were shown during the cut scene compared to when Jack cut open his hand which is less graphic because of less blood shown. It doesn't make sense regardless because if you are trying to get rid of blood in the game why would you not get rid of it entirely??

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
maybe they were concerned with him now a blood that were shown during the cut scene compared to when Jack cut open his hand which is less graphic because of less blood shown. It doesn't make sense regardless because if you are trying to get rid of blood in the game why would you not get rid of it entirely??

Well blood as it you see the person bleeding or being stabbed, stains are fine somehow.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but there might have been less blood in the western release.

OKR is right in that it was due to the establishment of the E10+ rating. We all know ESRB is rather finicky to deal with, but back then it was considerably worse.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the only reason they kept the blood in the Pirates world was because of the storyline. If it had nothing to do with the story (and didn't happen in the movie), it would've definitely been removed.

Things like what happened in the original Japanese version of the game are completely fine in Japan, or else they wouldn't have appeared in the game at all. There's just more censorship in America, so that's why most of the things were removed, even though they weren't bad at all. (I can understand removing the crosshair display during Xigbar's attacks, but everything else is a little ridiculous lulz)

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but there might have been less blood in the western release.

OKR is right in that it was due to the establishment of the E10+ rating. We all know ESRB is rather finicky to deal with, but back then it was considerably worse.

And it showed back then, more than now. If any reports of games being changed a lot because of the rating borad, KH2 is a imporant example.

At least we get to see the scenes and changes as they should be in 2.5.

MegaCore5

Awards

isnt the ESRB more tighter now than usual though? For example for the super smash brothers brawl game I was surprised to find out that it was for T for teens instead of E like it was in Melee. I assume the rating for SSB 4 will be the same as it was in brawl.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
isnt the ESRB more tighter now than usual though? For example for the super smash brothers brawl game I was surprised to find out that it was for T for teens instead of E like it was in Melee. I assume the rating for SSB 4 will be the same as it was in brawl.

I wouldn't say tigter, but that's the best way to say it. It might for Smash 4.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Then again you do want to be careful because the things kids nowadays pick up from the Internet and television is absolute garbage. Kinda
Yeah, there are some bad things out there that should be censored (like... f-bombs? Kids saying that REALLY bothers me ;~; that's so wrong), but some things are over-censored. There's a bunch of stuff that parents should keep from their kids but don't, but then there's things that are too censored because, if they aren't censored enough, a parent will get upset at a supposed kid's game for being too violent.

and i honestly didn't mean to get all ridiculous here XD;; just discussing!

Yeah, it's likes being in the 90s where they censer homosexual realtionships or anything made not safe for kids. We got to learn the real world some day.
Exactly! :D I'm glad that Disney is more open to things like that now, though.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, there are some bad things out there that should be censored (like... f-bombs? Kids saying that REALLY bothers me ;~; that's so wrong), but some things are over-censored. There's a bunch of stuff that parents should keep from their kids but don't, but then there's things that are too censored because, if they aren't censored enough, a parent will get upset at a supposed kid's game for being too violent.

and i honestly didn't mean to get all ridiculous here XD;; just discussing!

Exactly! :D I'm glad that Disney is more open to things like that now, though.

They have, that one Disney Channel show did was just the stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back