• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Secret Ending Question(s)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoamIreally

I watched the secret ending for Kingdom Hearts 2 as well as the fight between Terra/Aqua/Ven vs. MX and Vanitas. Keep in mind I have not played Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/Coded/Days.

My question is this "When the three meet at the Keyblade Graveyard before encountering MX and Vanitas, they come across 3 key blades. It seems like those are the key blades:
1.Kingdom Key
2.Kingdom Key D
3. Way to the Dawn

Question 1. What was the importance of these key blades showing up there?

Question 2. All three of them pick up the keyblades but seconds later they "dissapear" from sight as Terra charges at MX. Why didn't they just Dual-wield the key blades? Is it because you need to have a certain skill to wield 2 at one time? Even so, they had them in their hands, why not use them?

Thanks for any input you have whether it be negative like "Its in this game, so play it and find out yourself!" or positive! Thanks in advance!

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Question 1. What was the importance of these key blades showing up there?

To show a connection to Sora, Riku, and the Dark Realm.
Question 2. All three of them pick up the keyblades but seconds later they "dissapear" from sight as Terra charges at MX. Why didn't they just Dual-wield the key blades? Is it because you need to have a certain skill to wield 2 at one time? Even so, they had them in their hands, why not use them?

The keyblades weren't actually there. The KH2 secret ending was just a teaser.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Like said above, the secret ending of the normal KH2 is not canon, it's only a concept video.

The secret ending of KH2 Final Mix is more near at the actual canon of the game BBS, although scenes in that video which contradict actual scenes in the game (like Terra's eyes turning yellow when looking at Kingdom Hearts or Ven's keyblade shattering when he is dropped from the cliff) are of course non-canon as well.

The three keyblades in the normal KH2 secret ending serve some symbolism though, as they show where each of the TAV-Trio ended up after the final Battle in BBS.

Aqua picked up Mickey's Kingdom Key D, a keyblade of the Dark Realm => Aqua ends up in the dark Realm.
Terra picked up Sora's Kingdom Key, a keyblade of the Realm of Light => Terra ends up in the Realm of Light, possessed by Xehanort and becoming Ansem's apprentice.
Ventus picked up Riku's Way to the Dawn, which while also being a Light Realm keyblade like Sora's nonetheless also represents the Realm of in-between => Ventus's comatose body was placed by Aqua in Castle Oblivion, which is situated in the Realm of in-between.

WhoamIreally

Do you have proof that it was a teaser? I don't want to seem like an ass or anything, but I would like to hear from one of the developers that it was. Is there any significance to who picks up what blade? Aqua - Keyblade D Terra - Keyblade Ventus - Way to the Dawn?

You obviously can tell the future and answered my question right as a posted =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Do you have proof that it was a teaser? I don't want to seem like an ass or anything, but I would like to hear from one of the developers that it was. Is there any significance to who picks up what blade? Aqua - Keyblade D Terra - Keyblade Ventus - Way to the Dawn?

You obviously can tell the future and answered my question right as a posted =D

Consider Birth By Sleep to be proof of the cutscenes non-canonness.
I always saw the BBS wielders picking up the KK, KKD and WtD as a sort of 'passing of the series' from the main characters to these new armoured ones, at least temporarily.

Commodore SephiMog said:
Aqua picked up Mickey's Kingdom Key D, a keyblade of the Dark Realm => Aqua ends up in the dark Realm.
Terra picked up Sora's Kingdom Key, a keyblade of the Realm of Light => Terra ends up in the Realm of Light, possessed by Xehanort and becoming Ansem's apprentice.
Ventus picked up Riku's Way to the Dawn, which while also being a Light Realm keyblade like Sora's nonetheless also represents the Realm of in-between => Ventus's comatose body was placed by Aqua in Castle Oblivion, which is situated in the Realm of in-between.
Never thought about that before, nice catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back