• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Scene I'm confused about...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
That was a mistranslation. "He" is supposed to be "it", "it" being the keyblade.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
You positive on that? Source?
I feel like they wouldn't let something that major be mistranslated so foolishly.

thats what I heard as well, it makes sense doesn't it. "Tell me... tell me why the keyblade chose you"

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Seraph is right. It's a mistranslation and is mean to be "it" and in reference to the Keyblade

Last edited:

State

Awards
You positive on that? Source?
I feel like they wouldn't let something that major be mistranslated so foolishly.

My "source" being the hundreds of posts that asked this matter before.
They mistranslated Braig into Bleig or something and Dilan into Dilin, which is mayor, seeing as how they're mayor characters, specially the turn "Bleig" has taken. Also, KH2 is filled with mistranslations, seeing as how it was rushed like hell.

Awards
I know this is going to sound a bit nonsensical, but I don't think there's any harm in interpreting it as referring to Ven, even though that's not what was said in the Japanese version.

Unless Roxas makes a reappearance in the future and somehow shows that he was unaware of Ven (after he merged with Sora, I mean), I think what may be a mistranslation is actually rather fitting.
Makes sense to me that Roxas would sort of discover Ven's memories when he returns to Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My "source" being the hundreds of posts that asked this matter before.
They mistranslated Braig into Bleig or something and Dilan into Dilin, which is mayor, seeing as how they're mayor characters, specially the turn "Bleig" has taken. Also, KH2 is filled with mistranslations, seeing as how it was rushed like hell.

That was in KH2? Woah, did I miss that!

Ralz

Forget about Bleig and the Riku/keyblade mix-up. The best mistranslation from KHII by far was,

"there was just a dog in the bad"

Epic.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Roxas' tutorial, on the day when you go to that Sunset's place in Twilight Town. Talk to Pence after uncovering the Dog and thats where the mistranslation thing is

Ralz

But you have to make sure its not the last one you do, or you can't read about it afterwards.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I know this is going to sound a bit nonsensical, but I don't think there's any harm in interpreting it as referring to Ven, even though that's not what was said in the Japanese version.
That still doesn't fit. After Roxas see's the picture of Riku,Kairi,Donald,and Goofy he says "So that's why." Ven had no knowledge that Sora was friends with any of them.

Awards
That still doesn't fit. After Roxas see's the picture of Riku,Kairi,Donald,and Goofy he says "So that's why." Ven had no knowledge that Sora was friends with any of them.

And when the keyblade chose him, he had never even met Donald or Goofy.

The point of that wasn't to say that he was chosen because he was specifically friends with those people, but to illustrate that he has a heart which can make powerful connections.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly what Grass said, but nevertheless I can't stop to laugh about that stupid mistranslation.

In the german version it was actually done right me thinks...

ChrisP

That's a huge mistranslation xD I honestly didn't know it was a mistranslation until I looked it up when I first played that part a while back >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back