• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 is easy but what was the 'hardest' part?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparks

gone
*rubs chin* Hmm. Probably Demyx the second time with his stupid "DANCE WATER DANCE" but I had a ton of fun fighting him and using the reaction commands. Xaldin.

Souhaits

*rubs chin* Hmm. Probably Demyx the second time with his stupid "DANCE WATER DANCE" but I had a ton of fun fighting him and using the reaction commands. Xaldin.

Haha, Xaldin and Demyx both kicked my ass more times than I want to admit. In my defense, hearing "Dance water, dance!" ten thousand times really messed with my groove.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Eh, I still have trouble not beatin Xaldin. Guess I just caught on quick. First time I played on normal he was like any other boss, and even on proud after I heard of all these troubles he was easy.

Demyx almost made me stop playing the first time around though. Oh his bubble spammage.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
See now, going by my first play through, I'd have to say Demyx.

He is the only one, up to and including Xaldin, that I was unable to beat by myself, no matter how many times I tried. I eventually won against Xaldin. I eventually won against Xemnas. I eventually won against Xigbar, who are the hardest bosses, quit possibly.

But I was never able to beat Demyx. I had to hand him over to my friend.

Lifes.Lover

Website
It was strange. One time I'd be fighting and get past his water clones with no problem, and be killed by the geysers, and then the next fight, his water clones would be what killed me. And it just went like so on and on until I finally gave up and handed it over to my friend. I wasn't able to beat him myself until about my third play through.

I learned to not rely on the combos they give you to kill the clones, or just fire, but a strange amalgamation of the two.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Yes, I always see those videos miracuously using strings of Firaga whilst in Wisdom Form to clear out most of the enemies and then use the Reaction Command to mop up the rest. Almost seems improbable that it works out for them.

And rather than having anyone to give it to, I just stopped playing for a few weeks until I got the courage to go on. Fortunately, the Final Fantasy team fights and 1000 Heartless battle afterwards payed off for my efforts. Was glad I equipped those Blizzara Chains.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Now, since I don't have my friends near me anymore, being in a completely different state, I can't give the controller away when I get too frustrated. So I take much the same tactic.

However, since I've played the games so much, it's practically impossible to die, since I know pretty much every move back and forth now. I have got to get a regular life.

I was so disappointed in the 1000 Heartless fight. I think that I tried it once with the Kingdom Key, just to see if it could be done, and it was just as easy as before, with the stronger keyblades.

Now that's an easy boss, not Demyx. I play the 1000 Heartless battle to relax.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I feel the same way. Actually made a separate save file right before the battle, in that crystal fissure save point, to play it whenever I want. The only wierd part is being at such a low level, but I could always grind to fix that if I were bored enough. And then it comes to challening myself like using no Reaction Commands, using Kingdom Key such as you, or taking off equipments and abilities.

Same goes for Sepiroth; the game's just gotten that easy for me.

Lifes.Lover

Website
It's kind of sad how easy Sephiroth is. Once you've beaten him, it takes nothing to beat him again. I've had to find ways to make it harder.

To this day, though, I still haven't been able to beat Sephiroth from KH1.

It definitely goes to show the difference in playing levels for the two games.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well chya, he's just almost impossible in KHI. I think the game was either meant to be a challenging game, or it was just a sort of "test run". After they saw the success, they tried to tone it down for the wider, younger fanbase. And then having those sort of near-impossible bosses such as Enigmatic Man and Lingering Sentient were for the hardcores.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Which makes no sense seeing as how the story only gets more complicated in KH2. If they were going for a younger target audience, why make the story so difficult to understand?

It was probably that people had complained about the difficulty of KH1, and so they went a little too far in giving people what they wanted.

Or it could be that they were trying for a different gameplay with KH2 that wasn't so puzzle-oriented, which led to it being too easy.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
The loss of puzzles made it feel less like a Square or FF game as well. I always liked the thrill in having to choose different paths when you're going through a big new level, wondering which way contains the rare items and which way leads to the plot, that you want to come back to after going to the former. Hollow Bastion was like that for me. In KH2...that really never happened. Too linear, but that's a known fact.

Lifes.Lover

Website
That I wouldn't know too much about. I haven't played too many other SE games beyond KH and a few FF.

What I liked about KH1 was that you had to go back in order to get things that you couldn't before because you didn't have the necessary requirements.

The dalmatians, the trinity marks, the various ledges with goodies in Wonderland that you couldn't get to unless you had something from a world farther into the game.

Ukrany

SE games are filled with those things Lifes.Lover. I worship literally SE games and theres few that dont include the old "Collection itens" that give a super hyper final move, or are needed for a legendary weapon.
Still i think after Chain of memorys, they inserted a little more RPG factor. Its just not so much about the "dogde that", "hit there","wait for rigth timing", but its more like having a nicer keyBlade, or having enough potions. Since its less action-based, sephi lost its touch. It was with a tear in my eyes that i killed him at the 3rd try :(

Laine

Formely keyblayedwielder
kh1 In Destiny Islands trying to get to lv100 by b
xaldin was the hardest boss !!!!! The first time i played kingdom hearts was at my friends house. I was so addicted to the game i didn't let my best friend fight xaldin. When i lost he started thinking i was bad at the game but when he couldnt beat him he relized that xaldin was hard!!!! Xaldin is the hardest and xemnas was the second hardest. I have payed kingdom hearts 2 seven times and now i am working on playing kh1 then com then kh2. Trust me Xaldin is the toughest boss to beat ! !!!

dataguy

Sepherioth. he was hard as heck. All those health bars and I had to use to many potions! but it felt so good to beat him!

Red Velvet

There was the last Org 13 boss in the Beauty and the Beast castle but then there was also playing it through to the end because I didn't want it to end.

JakandRatchet79

Hmm...it's a tie between Xaldin and Sephiroth. The first time I fought Xaldin on Proud mode I lost so many times and Mickey had saved me about 5 times each battle, but when I finally beat Xaldin, Mickey hadn't saved me once!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back