• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 in the Smithsonian

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FATE

Awards
And what? Handhelds don't get no love?

I was thinking the same thing.

As for the votes, I picked my favorites... but when I saw KH2 up agaisnt FFX and Okami... I couldnt do it.... ^^'' I didnt vote for either of the 3. I love them all.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
of all KH games, why KH2 <.<
re:CoM would have been a better choice, or even BbS if art was important

Re:Com? Seriously? Even BBS didnt have quite the same level of art that KH2 did. Kh2's environments(indivual sets, rather than worlds) are much bigger in terms of backgrounds than any other KH game, and so are the flashy keyblade moves.

Edit: and Assassin's Creed's not on the list? lame.

Anna825

I know, the thought of Kingdom Hearts II in that list amuses me to the point of laughter as well.

Oh my god, what was so terrible about KHII that it inspires so much ridicule and hate?

(I know this has been answered more times that it can possibly be answered, but I still disagree so much with some fans...)

Well, I voted. About 3/4 of Final Fantasy sucks so it wasn't a hard choice between X and KHII.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh my god, what was so terrible about KHII that it inspires so much ridicule and hate?

(I know this has been answered more times that it can possibly be answered, but I still disagree so much with some fans...)

Well, I voted. About 3/4 of Final Fantasy sucks so it wasn't a hard choice between X and KHII.

It was a poorly written game, the difficulty level was turned down to the lowest level possible even if you were playing on Proud. Reaction Commands made things simple. And overall characterization was flat and seemed to regress some characters, though Sora's character growth (or lack thereof) was because he was pretending to be happy the entire game and his true mood and actual character we knew from KH1 and CoM was shown during the bits where he was beating up the ground and angry at himself.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Wait, since when has KH ever been artistic? Compared to its sister series, Final Fantasy, it is utter child's play. It doesn't look amazing or even terrific. Its generic. This isn't about KH being a good game. Its about its value in the art world. Excuse me but Okami flat out dominates KH.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Wait, since when has KH ever been artistic? Compared to its sister series, Final Fantasy, it is utter child's play. It doesn't look amazing or even terrific. Its generic. This isn't about KH being a good game. Its about its value in the art world. Excuse me but Okami flat out dominates KH.

The CGI it employs is more than enough reason for me. Hell, all they'd have to do is play the opening/ending movies in the exhibit. BAM, art XD

Xammag

Are we talking about KH original things, like Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ansem, the non disney worlds,etc.? Because I think that the game itself definitely has artistic flare.Both Kh and Kh2 tutorials come to mind.

That being said, I haven't played many FFs, but I know their general feel and it doesn't seem that far off from KH to me. Not saying you are wrong, just trying to see what sense you mean that in.

PrinnyGod

Awards
I agree with this 100%. As much as I love KH, Okami was a lot more artistic and unique.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The CGI it employs is more than enough reason for me. Hell, all they'd have to do is play the opening/ending movies in the exhibit. BAM, art XD

Are you joking? KH CGI is at the mediocre level. It is dumbs itself down so the Disney characters aren't awkward as hell. FF's CGI is beautiful. It is simply amazing. A lot of work and effort is put into every little bit. It takes the graphics and pushes them. Hell, look at LA Noir. That is artwork. That is perfection. That is actually trying to make your game a piece of art. KH? No. It is backwash of a greater looking franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back