• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Ending Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nos Lived

Website
noslived.1up.com
Re: KH2 Ending Discussion Thread ***Major Spoilers***

VegetaX said:
Thats a good theory, but who knows they could just be like the new enemies like the nobodies in kh2.

At first, I thought this too.

But then I got to thinking.

Heartless.

Nobodies.

These are incomplete beings.

They are what's left behind when a heart leaves the body. So what else would there be to have left over?

Soul? Mind?

Ansem states that if you remove soul from a body, you lose ALL life.

And as for mind, I think mind is more of a reflection of self, it doesn't exactly need a heart.

So perhaps this time we're dealing with a group of complete beings.

All with the same goal.

What is that goal?

Is it the keyblade?

Light itself?

Or is there some other motive?

Trigger

R.O.C.K. ON
Website
www.whatthefuckiswrongwithyou.com

Monkey, cant you update your first post with facts and the interview links so people dont repeat nonsense

-There "will" be a KH3
-the game will not come out for a "long" time
-There may or may not be a KHII FM, if so it will most likey come out in English from what he talks about
-The scene is from the past, buts its not to say the game will take place in the past
-The three knights are "new' characters
-all the keyblades from the KH games should be mixed in the field of keyblades, look hard
-there is no written story in stone for KH3 yet

Nos Lived

Website
noslived.1up.com

Trigger said:
Monkey, cant you update your first post with facts and the interview links so people dont repeat nonsense

-There "will" be a KH3
-the game will not come out for a "long" time
-There may or may not be a KHII FM, if so it will most likey come out in English from what he talks about
-The scene is from the past, buts its not to say the game will take place in the past
-The three knights are "new' characters
-all the keyblades from the KH games should be mixed in the field of keyblades, look hard
-there is no written story in stone for KH3 yet

ONe more thing to add on is that Nomura said that the game takes place in the past, but you can also think of it as the future.....

VegetaX

Nos Lived said:
At first, I thought this too.

But then I got to thinking.

Heartless.

Nobodies.

These are incomplete beings.

They are what's left behind when a heart leaves the body. So what else would there be to have left over?

Soul? Mind?

Ansem states that if you remove soul from a body, you lose ALL life.

And as for mind, I think mind is more of a reflection of self, it doesn't exactly need a heart.

So perhaps this time we're dealing with a group of complete beings.

All with the same goal.

What is that goal?

Is it the keyblade?

Light itself?

Or is there some other motive?
Ya, i was thinking about that also, could be either one, who knows. But i think what u said is probly what there gonna go with, or at least sumtin like that.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com

I'm in no hurry to try to figure out the entire story about KHIII like many people are. We have a good probably 2-5 years before it comes out. 2 being if we get INCREDIBLY lucky and just my own hopes haha. :D

Now for my theories and speculations:

-Nomura says the scene is in the past and in the future. This leads me to think this is a flashback. It's impossible for something to be in BOTH at once. That's the only thing I can think of that'd make sense.

-Chasers could be ANYTHING at the moment. It's pretty much in impossible to prove anything about it.

-Birth by Sleep. I have no way to back up anything. I have two speculations.
1) Dreams, again. It's been a reocurring theme.
2) Death of the Heroes of Light, Dark, Present, and In-between to give birth to the keyblades.

That's all I can really think of.

Lycantrophe

Maybe he's trying to imply that the past will repeat itself. Maybe there will be another Keyblade war, least that's my guess.

waytothedawn

Ya how can the game take place in the past? Sora Riku and Kairi gaught a letter implying that there is another problem right?

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com

waytothedawn said:
Ya how can the game take place in the past? Sora Riku and Kairi gaught a letter implying that there is another problem right?

Not saying I support the past theory, but it could be implying where the story will pick up after this next game. It is going to be unnumbered. Numbers imply sequels. Most unnumbered entries in a series are prequels, side stories, or connecting stories. Just stating possibilities. At this point, it could be about anything. All we have are a few interviews and a video.

Kingdom Merc

My quick theory is that the "Chasers" are probably a new type of enemy (i.e. Heartless, Nobodies, Organization XIII) or they are the knights, if you notice they had to walk up to the keychained keyblades, which may make them "chasers" of the true keyblades; what is also possible is that the "chasers" may be the figure that appeared over the horizon, it could have been chasing the knights or the three keyblades in the center. Also the figure on the horizon may be part of a new group, like the organization.
Just another note: doesn't the wielder of the (Sora's) Kingdom Keyblade look a little like the egyptian god of the underworld: Anubis?

kbw167xy.jpg

One last thing, it's unlikely that these scenes are from a KH3, but if this is actually part of a whole game, then it's likely to be a tie in for a PSP or something else. I would look towards a distant future where Sora is still the star of the game in a numbered sequel (you know, another year or five from now).

Last edited:

Nos Lived

Website
noslived.1up.com

waytothedawn said:

How do you know that there's another "problem"?

Look at their faces. Sora looks like he's trying to finish reading it, Kairi looks worried (which could be a big ass hint) and Riku is smiling.

For all we know, it could be a "hey how ya doin since we beat Xemnas?" letter.

Remember at the end of KHI how Pluto was holding a letter?

They never got that letter.

Maybe Mickey sent it again. This time in a bottle.

Also note:

When you go to the Library in Disney Castle, there is an unfinished letter on the desk.

And violent agner, thanks for correcting my mistake.

I did mean to say scene, not game.

And as far as THAT goes, it could be a flashback, and yet, a hint at what's to come.

hellfirebg

Bulgaria,stupid country north of Greece...

I doubt it's a "Hi, how's it going?" letter.Because in a Nomura interview he stated that he was thinking if he should let us view the letter's content or not.In the end he didn't do it.In the interview he said that Sora, Kairi and Riku's faces expressed the meaning of the letter.It's something serious and it shows that the story isn't over.I'm disapointed that there wasn't anything KH3 related at this E3.But still I hope that after the Europe release( hopefully before Septemer) Nomura will reveal details about KH3.If not, there's always E3 2007, right?

hellfirebg

Bulgaria,stupid country north of Greece...

I doubt it's a "Hi, how's it going?" letter.Because in a Nomura interview he stated that he was thinking if he should let us view the letter's content or not.In the end he didn't do it.In the interview he said that Sora, Kairi and Riku's faces expressed the meaning of the letter.It's something serious and it shows that the story isn't over.I'm disapointed that there wasn't anything KH3 related at this E3.But still I hope that after the Europe release( hopefully before Septemer) Nomura will reveal details about KH3.If not, there's always E3 2007, right?

EDIT: Someone please delete this, I don't know how it happened...

skilled keyblada

I THINK THAT THE LETTER MICKEY SENT SAID......*drumrolls*.... I think it said....*another drumroll* that hahaahhaahahah Sora... I ''something'' kairi in her sleep...muhahah she is going to die of ;;something''. Seriosuly I think it said trouble is brewing or something... xD

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a

the letter is not simple

[Q. In the last scene in the ending, they received a letter from the king. I'm quite curious to what's written in it.
A. I was troubled for a very long time on whether I should show the letter's contents or not, and in the end I decided to let people speculate it themselves. You can guess what's in the letter by looking at those three's facial expressions: Sora looking at it blankly, Riku smirking and Kairi looking slightly worried. If it was just a "Hello, it's been awhile", they would be smiling instead so at least it's hinted it is not that kind of simple letter. Actually, it was planned to have a little more scene to it and by watching it you could tell what's in the letter. I might be able to show that scene when I get the chance to. /QUOTE]

and yes, they did get the letter at the end of kh1
pluto's letter said:
remember sora, you are the one who will open the door to the light

what sounds more likely?
option 1: sora cuaght pluto and read the letter

option 2: pluto outran sora(who can use glide) and then got to the ocean. he then rolled the letter up, using his paws, put it in the bottle(again, with paws) then put in the cork, let it float, and it made it to DI after an entire year of floating around.

waytothedawn

I just wathched the secret ending quite a few times and it said at the end "It all started with.... birth by sleep." Well mabey something happened when sora was put into the cell to put his memories back in order. Mabey something was born. What do you all think? Also I think a major hint is in the Ansem Report because at the begining of the secret ending the Ansem report is going across the screen.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com

Waytothedawn: That theory has been quite popular for a while.

On The Letter Topic: I don't think it's incredibly serious. Kairi gets worried about a lot of things. Sora looks like he's kind of reading and rereading it to try to understand it. Riku looks way to excited and happy for it to be serious. I think the letter may be a lead up to something serious. I believe it might be something as simple as a nobody or a heartless problem that'll lead into something else in the game. As I said, they don't look scared or alarmed enough for it to be incredibly serious in my opinion.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com

violent_anger said:
are you even faintly aware of the meaning of the word "complex" ?

Yes, I am. I'm just stating an outlook on it as you have stated yours. Mine is based on just as much fact as yours. Nomura has not stated what it's about or gave us any hints except for Riku, Sora, and Kairi's expressions. As I said, I don't think it's anything incredibly serious. You also misread my post. I meant that it COULD BE something as simple as a nobody or heartless invasion. Kairi gets pretty worried throughout the last game. Riku is smiling. If it was truly horrible, I doubt he'd be smiling. He's not that twisted. Sora looks as though he can't comprehend the meaning of the letter. Their expressions tell ME that it can't be all that serious. I know Mickey probably wouldn't send a "Hey, what's up?" letter, but I think it's nothing that could be too horrible. I believe it'll be more like a KH2 beginning than the KH1 one. KH2's started where nothing too serious was happening to near the middle where it did get sort of serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back