• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Dialogue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

seb0910

is it just me, or did any of you think that the dialogue in KH2 was real bad, or atleast not-so-good? i mean, the voice overs were pretty good, but for alot of the cutscenes (mostly disney ones) i thought it was bad dialogue. the worst dialogue i heard in the whole game was the ones with Sephiroth.

Here is a somewhat accurate.......um...."replay" of the 1st sephiroth scene.

Sephiroth: What is Cloud doing?
Sora: I dunno.
Sephiroth: Hmph. And you three, (swings sword at them) who are you?
Goofy: I dont think we should tell ya!
Sephiroth: That's a funny-looking sword you've got there.
Donald: It's the Keyblade!
Sephiroth: So that's a Keyblade. And I suppose that you're its chosen wielder?
Sora: So what if I am!
Sephiroth: I wonder if it will change its mind after i defeat you. (one-winged angel theme starts playing).

I dont kno about you,but i thot that entire scene (and some others) was stupid

Last edited by a moderator:

Balkarzar

i don't think it is bad because it reflects there personality sora is childish,donald is loud mouth that does know when not to shut up and goofy got the mind of a young one.

i know, but its just a crappy scene! i mean, its a big fight with sephiroth! they could've atleast given it better dialogue than just "where's cloud?" "I dunno." i mean cmon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Okay, I can understand why you would hate the first half of the Sephiroth dialogue. But the second half when he and Sora are getting ready to fight wasn't too bad.

Soraroxrikusux05

Okay, I can understand why you would hate the first half of the Sephiroth dialogue. But the second half when he and Sora are getting ready to fight wasn't too bad.

and the scene with cloud and sephiroth was kinda gay too, cuz all cloud really said was "sorry i kept u waiting, SEPHIROTH!" and "SHUTUP!" idk about u but that sounded stupid to me thats all he had to sday to sephiroth shutup!

Last edited:

heartofdreams

Where are you now?...I can't see your face anymore
HAHAHA! i haven't seen that part in english and that just makes me wanna laugh. well at least its not as cheesy as the corny acting in the old resident evil 1, now thats a game that needs help.

as for that scene i think they should of tried better with it, and any others that sounded silly

OblivionRKO4

Yeah some of the scenes are pretty cheesy. It might just be because I'm older now, but when i went back and played KH1, during some of those scenes I was just like oooooo not good......

Truth's_Bond

Website
www.myspace.com
The dialogue was perfect. And that conversation between Sora and co. and Sephiroth was not stupid. At least Sephiroth got more dialouge in KH2 than KH1. He has more of a better role because Cloud finally fought him, with the help of TIfa. Gosh...

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
The dialogue was perfect. And that conversation between Sora and co. and Sephiroth was not stupid. At least Sephiroth got more dialouge in KH2 than KH1. He has more of a better role because Cloud finally fought him, with the help of TIfa. Gosh...

<.< No he didn't, Sephiroth shouldn't have even had a role in KH2 since all he did was appear, disappear, re-appear, fight Sora, wait for Sora to give Cloud a message, then fought Cloud in a 2min b1tch fight. That's not a role that's pointlessness just like Tifa's role (I'M GONNA GO FIND CLOUD!!![/Tifa role])

Anyways the dialogue left a lot to be desired, but even in Japanese it's the same (just sounds longer and cooler I guess), but Square tried and failed, so what they do it with everytime they make FFVII spin off to make a "contemplation" seires of it. Just chillax about it.

Puck

Sephiroth/Sora dialogue was average. Worst dialogue in the game however was in the first visit of Port Royal and the first visit of Pride Lands. We need Disney to take over in writing the dialogue. Square doesn't know how to write Disney stuff properly. Port Royal, 100 Acre Woods( what the heck did they do to Rabbit? And what's up with Tigger's entrance? No 'Wonderful thing about Tigger' song? sheez)and Pride Lands proved it.

I

The Show Must Go On
i didn't really like the dialogue in kh2 because sora was being nice all the time (i hate sora's niceness. it needs to die!) and no one swore. i remeber that khcom had awesome dialogue... but no voice actors

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
I'd say that 50% of the cutscenes were cheesy and bad, and 50% were cool and deep. now if they could just make ALL of the cutscenes good, then we might just have good diolouge

ya what barxin said some were good and bad

Puck

i didn't really like the dialogue in kh2 because sora was being nice all the time (i hate sora's niceness. it needs to die!) and no one swore. i remeber that khcom had awesome dialogue... but no voice actors

Here we go again. That famous Sora niceness complaint. He's nice because he's around his friends. He wouldn't be a good friend if he was rude to his friends like he was in CoM. And I hope you realize CoM made people hate Sora because he was too mean to everyone.

Sora's ruined enough as it is thanks that stupid complaint. Keep it up and it's over. I swear the moment Sora becomes an emo addict like Cloud is the moment I through a KH game away.

This is problem now a days. Everyone wants an RPG main hero to be like that piece of filth Cloud.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
The WORST scene in the game by far was in the beginning when Roxas and his friends were talking about the picture thief, and then they find out that the thief stole the word photo too, and they couldn't say it.

What the hell was up with that ;__; so cheesy.

Puck

Okay. The more you guys are talking. The more it sounds like fours years ago, which means my eyes brows are being raised to the sky.

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
Sephiroth: What is Cloud doing?
Sora: Beats me.
Sephiroth: And by the way, who are you?
Goofy: I don't think we should tell you.
Sephiroth: Well, well, that's an interesting sword you're carrying
Donald: It's the keyblade.
Sephiroth: I see, so that's a keyblade. And I guess that makes you its chosen wielder.
Sora: So what if I am?
Sephiroth: I wonder if it'll still feel that way, once I defeat you. Show me your strength.

I took this from youtube, so its accurate.

There are some lines that...despite all emotions, seem to still lack it. Anyway there's not much you can do is Square wants Sephiroth and Cloud to talk cheesy as they own him. And Sora has to be nice, he's a kid! And its Roxas who has all the hatred. DiZ said "You have a lot of hatred. You should share some of it with Sora."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back