• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH2, BBS, and 358/2 Days Novels being published by Yen Press

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Yen Press has announced on their official Twitter that they will be publishing three of the Kingdom Hearts novels written by Tomoco Kanemaki.

Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & 2 compiles all four of the novels. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel Volume 1 compiles all three of the novels. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: The Novel Volume 1 will compile two of the volumes into one omnibus. The cover arts are currently being finalized.

Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The Novel, Chain of Memories: The Novel, and the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Source: Yen Press Twitter

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So no Coded or Dream Drop Distance? Honestly, I could understand if they want to leave Coded out... But surely they'll eventually do DDD, right?

Anywho, this is so exciting! I can't wait to read the BbS and KHII ones especially, because from the sounds of it it seems like those novels added so many things to make the stories better.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
So no Coded or Dream Drop Distance? Honestly, I could understand if they want to leave Coded out... But surely they'll eventually do DDD, right?

Anywho, this is so exciting! I can't wait to read the BbS and KHII ones especially, because from the sounds of it it seems like those novels added so many things to make the stories better.

I think Yen Press will eventually do those two down the line. It seems that their priority was to first localize the novels that came after KH and CoM. I'm particularly excited about the Birth by Sleep one!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh man, I'm so happy about this. I've been hoping this would happen. Definitely getting all of these for sure, and hoping they'll eventually do Coded and DDD as well.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, I'm usually not into reading... but the written versions might give a more full picture of the trio's relationships... little details that could've been written off just to get to the action of the game faster. Might consider it after I recover my credit card charges from KH Unchained X...lol.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hmm, I'm usually not into reading... but the written versions might give a more full picture of the trio's relationships... little details that could've been written off just to get to the action of the game faster. Might consider it after I recover my credit card charges from KH Unchained X...lol.

I'd definitely recommend them for exactly that reason! They're full of all kinds of little goodies, like Aqua enjoying baking, Terra's favorite snack being nuts, and Terra being unable to say "Ventus" (which leads to Terra and Aqua dubbing him "Ven" for the first time). LOL.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Cannot express enough how happy it makes me to see that the BBS novel is getting localized! I have wanted to read that novel for a really long time now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Jackpot so to say. ^__^

In terms of characterisation, the novels are better than the games by a wide margin.

hlc1988

Awards
So 2017 is shaping up to be quite the KH year! So happy about these novels coming out! Fingers crossed all the KH goodness of 2017 is leading to KH3 being released in December next year!

DefiantHeart

Awards
I'd definitely recommend them for exactly that reason! They're full of all kinds of little goodies, like Aqua enjoying baking, Terra's favorite snack being nuts, and Terra being unable to say "Ventus" (which leads to Terra and Aqua dubbing him "Ven" for the first time). LOL.

Cool, I love baking too and nuts. :eek: I just baked banana bread the other day for a potluck. ^_^ I might pursue baking as a possible job in the future actually. :3 Well, after my credit card zeros out, thanks to Unchained X mostly... I'll consider buying them. My mom wants me to read again anyways...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Good to know that Days, BBS and the rest of the KHII novels will be released. I am especially curious about BBS and it`s potential more insight into Ventus, Terra and Aqua.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
YES. YES. ALL THE YES! My level of joy is: "It's over 9,000!" This was the best news to get right before a day at work. I have a reason to be happy today other than DBS getting dubbed! 2017 won't be that terrible after all!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
So excited to finally obtain these (and support the possibility of the other novels).

Again, I'm confused by Yen's inconsistency though. Why publish all three of Days volumes in one omnibus, but only two of three of Birth by Sleeps novels together? And does that mean the conclusion to BBS will be tentative?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So excited to finally obtain these (and support the possibility of the other novels).

Again, I'm confused by Yen's inconsistency though. Why publish all three of Days volumes in one omnibus, but only two of three of Birth by Sleeps novels together? And does that mean the conclusion to BBS will be tentative?

I think the BBS one is probably that the third book was longer than the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back