• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2...a Co-Op game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ordyh

I doubt that happens, but it would be cool and more easier to play with a friend. Like Player 1 can be Sora and Player 2 be another character in the party(his/her choice).

ordyh

Thats true...but i would like that option in KH2, but it isnt going to happen.:(

T

the next Sora

it would be really cool if we had some one to help us! but then the players would get into arguements about doing what which way and that stuff.

Non-Existant One

Technically there is already such a thing as co-op in KH2. The only difference between the co-op you people are talking about and the way co-op works in KH2 is that the other player is controled by the computer instead of a 2nd player. Here is the interview about the co-op and how it will work in KH2. I got this from KHU.

How will the realtime and Co-op functions work?
Nomura: Enemies and their distance affect the outcome of some attacks, other times special conditions may be requried. At the bottom left hand side of the screen you have a display called "command", which indicates attacks and skills you can use. That "command" allows you to select, "co-operation start" which will enable you to select your own party out of characters it gives you. You can select them with triangle and then when you're done hit "ok". At the start, Aurons techniques prove to be useful to help Sora. Alternating between characters will be fast and before their final stage, Auron splits with Sora and gives him a technique to use called "tornado". Real time battles aren't only just one element to the game, they require to be often mixed with such co-op features, since co-op is at the very heart of the game. Nevertheless, command input and timing will play a major role.
Techniques can be gained easily which can be a refreshing part to the game, you will soon see yourself trying out new techniques together. (Smiles)

al0818

sorry but that isn't a co-op, that is commads, did you know that in kh1 the triangle button is the command button, and you can ask your party members to attack or heal you?

in Kh2 a co-op game is way too hard to implement. first of all it need to be in split screen or via broadband adapter, also the game need to be tune up for 2 players and you heard nomura "no difficulty settings", and it will need of all caracters to be playable.

THE_BLACK_MAGE

i think for 2 player would be cool if you just plug a controler in the playstation and hit "start" in a battle.the screen dosn't change at all but a little menu under the chara you freind or whatever is controling.the menu is all abreviated like attack=atk magic=mgc items=itm all skills will come up abreviated to.the screen will move away from sora abit so that its eseyer to see your freind(or your freind see him self).the fighting is just like with sora but there are no combos(cuse donald and goffy don't use combo attacks),and of course they still use there normal sounds.and if your freind dies he changes to someone else.

cool huh what do you think

Non-Existant One

al0818 said:
sorry but that isn't a co-op, that is commads, did you know that in kh1 the triangle button is the command button, and you can ask your party members to attack or heal you?

in Kh2 a co-op game is way too hard to implement. first of all it need to be in split screen or via broadband adapter, also the game need to be tune up for 2 players and you heard nomura "no difficulty settings", and it will need of all caracters to be playable.

Yes I did know about the triangle button in KH but it doesn't heal you it just calls for help. Weither or not the characters in your party decide to heal you depends on the settings that you have for those characters. Also this is about KH2 not KH.

Co-op would not be hard to implement in KH2. The way Nomura explained it you would select a command in the command box then you would chose a character to perform the attack and after that you and the character that you chose will begin initiating co-op like attacks and will work together in a co-op manner. The way he explained it in the interview may make it seem harder to under stand but once you actually get to play it and use it you will find it a little bit easier to implement. Now about the difficulty setting Nomura was very vauge about wiether or not KH2 would have a difficulty setting or not. All Nomura said about it was that KH2 would have some-what of a genneral setting because he didn't want to make the game harder because of the younger audience that would be playing the game he still wanted them to be able to play the game and have fun. He also said that even though that would be the case for the younger audience KH2 would still have various parts in the game that will be some-what difficult and more pleasing to the older audience that will be playing the game. This doesn't mean that the game will or will not have any difficulty settings because Nomura hasn't given any solid word on this matter, but if KH2 is anything like it's counter part KH then it will most likely feature a difficulting setting.

And in case you didn't understand the last part of what Nomura said in the interview here it is again.
"Real time battles aren't only just one element to the game, they require to be often mixed with such co-op features, since co-op is at the very heart of the game. Nevertheless, command input and timing will play a major role."

Note that the real-time battle features according to Nomura must also be used with those perticular co-op features and by this he is refering to the Auron, Sora co-op attacks that they can initiate together once the command to do so has been given. And the other part of what Nomura said is that "CO-OP is at the VERY HEART of the GAME." Which means that KH2 WILL have co-op like gameplay, but as the rest of what he said comes into mind "Nevertheless, command input and timing will play a major role." Which basically means that command input, timing, and all of the other real-time battle features must work together and that those specific features is what makes up the co-op feature in KH2.
Conclusion KH2 will have a co-op feature in the game. It is just not controlled by a 2nd player, but by you and the computer controlled character. The attacks and commands that you initiate in these co-op features will depend on the situation.

oathion

Co-Op mode would be kinda' hard. Because, then it'd probably explain using the multi-thingy.

ordyh

sorarocks said:
nah.i like it as a one player game and i hope that it stays that way.
I agree but if would be kinda cool to have the option.

:D

helios

Bronze Member
Kick @$$ kick @$$ kick @$$ (diabolical laugh ) can you imagine the only problem i think is lag but if its possible remember when GTA:san andreas came out they said nothing about co-op but mabey it could be a last minute installment :D

ordyh

helios said:
Kick @$$ kick @$$ kick @$$ (diabolical laugh ) can you imagine the only problem i think is lag but if its possible remember when GTA:san andreas came out they said nothing about co-op but mabey it could be a last minute installment :D
Your absolutley correct....they never said anything about co-op with GTA:SA, they could do the same thing.

Sora_Keyblade234

I don't think KH2 would make a good co-op game, for one the camera only stays behind Sora, so how would your friend be able to see their character? Another thing, there are several parts (as I've seen in the trailer) where Sora fights solo, so you're friend would completely miss out on the action there..... However, I do think a Battle Mode (like CoM) would be pretty cool, your friend could use there party from their Memory Card to battle your party......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back