• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2.5 cover question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vitxras

does anyone have any idea when the cover may be announced. after seeing how cool kh1 cover was im so excited to see this one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: kh2.5 cover question

If we're lucky maybe at Jump Festa in December.

It's Nomura's favorite event so maybe he has already done something by then.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: kh2.5 cover question

Kh 1.5's cover art was revealed in January or February of this year. So maybe 2.5's art will be revealed early 2014.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
What do you guys think the cover will look like? Something similar to 1.5? That is what I think they will do. What artwork do you think they might use?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm hoping for a similar cover, the throne being the central image but I'd rather they use one of the thrones from the round room or Ven's from the chamber. Terra, Aqua, and Ven in one corner, Namine, Mickey and Digital Sora in the other with Jiminy and then the central image have the gang, with Roxas and Kairi and maybe a hooded Riku.

I'm not sure, but I'm more excited to see another poster with the entire cast in CGI form.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Well, i wouldn't be too excited about it, considering that the KH 1.5 cover was just some old artwork redone. Hopefully Nomura will stop being so lazy and actually make a new illustration for the kh 2.5 cover lol.

Gram

Banned
Awards
What do you guys think the cover will look like? Something similar to 1.5? That is what I think they will do. What artwork do you think they might use?

I'm hoping it's like the cover for kh2 final mix in some way:
Japanese_Cover_Art_KHIIFM.png

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
For something that is going to be on the centre of the box, that kind of takes too much space for my taste, what with them standing on pillars spaced a little too far apart from one another. It might not leave enough space for the arts representing the other two titles.

I personally think that the centre part would be something similar to this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As long as BBS has plenty of space to be represented, I will be more than happy. Don't relegate it to a tiny corner like Days and Re:CoM.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I also wonder how the CGI artwork will be done since 1.5's was modeled after the first boxart of Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait to see how they will implement Terra, Aqua, and Ven.

Trapinchmon

As long as BBS has plenty of space to be represented, I will be more than happy. Don't relegate it to a tiny corner like Days and Re:CoM.

Oh man YES. The 1.5 cover art is nice but I feel like they could have given the Days and CoM portions a biiiit more room? ;n; Especially with all the white space it had. I will be so sad if the BBS crew isn't well represented on the cover art for 2.5, it's such an important game in the series! [Plus it's my favorite shhhh I'm totally not biased.] Hopefully the 2.5 art won't be anything like 1.5's art composition-wise though, for variety's sake. I predict patterns of some kind though, a lot of the covers seem to have them, whether they be squares or something else.

Ah geez I didn't think about the CGI renders too [huffs]. I'm really looking forward to that now.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
For something that is going to be on the centre of the box, that kind of takes too much space for my taste, what with them standing on pillars spaced a little too far apart from one another. It might not leave enough space for the arts representing the other two titles.

I personally think that the centre part would be something similar to this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I've always loved that artwork so I wouldn't be mad about them using that.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I was never a huge fan of this cover. The backdrop was nice, but the pillars look a bit cliché (honestly just downright boring) as a conceptual piece. Also, Kairi and Namine sharing one - how?!1 It all looks super awkward to me.

This one wouldn't float my boat either, of coarse, maybe if it were drawn by Nomura (and centered like you said), it could work. I still cannot get over Kairi's thighs "comfortably" resting on that ice!

Pretty much, I would like it similar enough to 1.5's art that it looks like it belongs to a cohesive collection of HD releases, but as mentioned before, without all the empty negative space, filled with checkerboard - vomit. At least they jazzed up Re:CoM's side with the cards, but it threw the composition off because Days's side had checker board too (fitting for Roxas). For KH1, though, they could have used something classier to compliment that ornate chair for the flooring.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I also agree that I want BbS to get a large piece of the cover (central portion would be best) but IDK how'd they summarize KH2 in 3-4 characters in a corner so I'm assuming they'll keep it like KH1.5 which KH2 front and center and BbS sadly relegated to a corner piece. Truthfully, I've always thought it'd be cool if they Ventus sleeping on the throne in the Chamber of Waking while you have Aqua's armor at his feet and Terra's armor too like he was resting over his keyblade at the end of BbS.

This one wouldn't float my boat either, of coarse, maybe if it were drawn by Nomura (and centered like you said), it could work. I still cannot get over Kairi's thighs "comfortably" resting on that ice!

Donald's feet never curred <_< lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
Truthfully, I've always thought it'd be cool if they Ventus sleeping on the throne in the Chamber of Waking while you have Aqua's armor at his feet and Terra's armor too like he was resting over his keyblade at the end of BbS.

I love this idea, it'd be kinda reminiscent of sora on his throne on the 1.5 cover.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Truthfully, I've always thought it'd be cool if they Ventus sleeping on the throne in the Chamber of Waking while you have Aqua's armor at his feet and Terra's armor too like he was resting over his keyblade at the end of BbS.

I really love this idea. It would be a throwback to 1.5's cover but with Ventus instead of Sora. Although I'm not sure about the armor/etc. because I'd want Aqua and Terra to physically be there too. Maybe they can appear at the same time..?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Probably the cover's going to feature a blend between the elements of KH2FM and BbSFM? Those are the two previously Japan-exclusive titles that are being released internationally right now, so they might enjoy an equal amount of spotlight unlike how it was with Re:CoM and Days on the first compilation's cover.

And I don't need to elaborate that I, along with all my external and internal organs, love kupo's idea of the cover, as much as everybody else.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
^ A BBSFM inspired one would be good.

Aqua was kneeling in that one so I could see her kneeling on the side of the throne, perhaps Terra could be wearing his armor but without his helmet so that they are there and not just in spirit. Sadly, I'm sure all this will be thrown to the wayside so Sora can once again get a nice big-ol fat spot front-and-center lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
Aqua was kneeling in that one so I could see her kneeling on the side of the throne, perhaps Terra could be wearing his armor but without his helmet so that they are there and not just in spirit. Sadly, I'm sure all this will be thrown to the wayside so Sora can once again get a nice big-ol fat spot front-and-center lol

Add ventus sleeping in his throne in the middle of them two and you have a good cover.
Sadly I'd assume so as well. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back