• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1's early drafts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I photoshopped this up as kind of a "what if". It's so strange to think if we got the original plans for Kingdom Hearts as the final product. So much would be different today.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I didn't add the chainsaw, this is kind of a mix of 3 early concept arts, some of which he had the Keyblade.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It truly is incredible to see Sora photoshopped like that. o_O I'd be afraid to see what Kairi or Riku would of turned out to look like. Did they ever explain why Sora has a lions tail? I've always wondered about that. Sora's hair does throw me off a little. I think the keyblade looks better than the chainsaw anyhow. [/FONT]

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
It truly is incredible to see Sora photoshopped like that. o_O I'd be afraid to see what Kairi or Riku would of turned out to look like. Did they ever explain why Sora has a lions tail? I've always wondered about that. Sora's hair does throw me off a little. I think the keyblade looks better than the chainsaw anyhow.

I agree; I don't think I want to see what the original Riku and Kairi look like.. Sora is just enough. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It truly is incredible to see Sora photoshopped like that. o_O I'd be afraid to see what Kairi or Riku would of turned out to look like. Did they ever explain why Sora has a lions tail? I've always wondered about that. Sora's hair does throw me off a little. I think the keyblade looks better than the chainsaw anyhow. [/FONT]

Cause his original draft nomura wanted to have him as a lion/human kid thing. xD
Forgot why they changed it to human though. Wasn't fond of the chainsaw either. Dx

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i actually wouldnt of minded if SRK had tails. im sure the reason for them having tails would have been that everyone from destiny island had tails. though i suppose that means that kairi wouldnt of had a tail since she came from radient garden

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Awesome photoshop work! It's so weird, but I like it quite a lot actually (the only thing I didn't like about the concept art, is Sora's hair).

I agree, whenever I see the original concept that is drawn I don't like it, but seeing a full 3D model that is close to what it would have looked like, I do like it. If they just changed the hair a bit I really could have been fine with that design as well :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
i actually wouldnt of minded if SRK had tails. im sure the reason for them having tails would have been that everyone from destiny island had tails. though i suppose that means that kairi wouldnt of had a tail since she came from radient garden

I wouldn't mind to see what Riku would've looked like myself, heck he could've just been given cat features instead of having the exact same traits as sora so it could've worked.
I doubt Kairi would've had one either considering her not being from DI.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It truly is incredible to see Sora photoshopped like that. o_O I'd be afraid to see what Kairi or Riku would of turned out to look like. Did they ever explain why Sora has a lions tail? I've always wondered about that. Sora's hair does throw me off a little. I think the keyblade looks better than the chainsaw anyhow.

From a personal standpoint, Nomura just seems to have a thing for loins. Sora was supposed to be a "lion boy", Leon is represented by the lion, The Lion King is Nomura's favorite Disney movie and was supposed to be in the first KH but they couldn't have it because of technical difficulties involving the use of a four legged characters. From a creative standpoint, I don't remember too well, but I think it was because Nomura felt that having an animal like character would fit into a Disney game better when so many of their known characters were animals. e.g. before the concept of an original character was brought in it was debated over whether Mickey or Donald should be the protagonist and ultimately Donald and Goofy were Sora's traveling mates.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That photoshop job is spectacular! And so weird. I used to not like the hair, but a I think now the colors of his clothes would have to have been different if that were finalised

Tailikku1

Awards
Well this object of interest seems to have appeared many times for "first drafts:" The original jungle. According to many sources, originally the Heart of India from the Jungle Book was to appear in the first game before being replaced with Deep Jungle. Not much was revealed about the details of the world.

And then after some digging around in Birth By Sleep, The Heart of India was found once again, although heavily unfinished. Infact, the only complete room was the Temple of the Bandar-Log.

Now imagine that: Sora encountering Mowgli, considering that they have the same voice.

kupo1121

Awards
Yes, Nomura has been a big supporter of Jungle Book being in KH for a long time now but everytime it almost appears, it gets cut for some reason or another at various stages :( I'm confident it will appear eventually (I have a hunch in KH3, but I could be wrong) since obviously, Nomura wants it very badly ^_^

BluberryStar

Awards
I photoshopped this up as kind of a "what if". It's so strange to think if we got the original plans for Kingdom Hearts as the final product. So much would be different today.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I didn't add the chainsaw, this is kind of a mix of 3 early concept arts, some of which he had the Keyblade.

Your photoshop skills are just SPECTACULAR :D It's almost believable.
Personally I find this Sora hair better. He looks a lot more mature and cool rather than the childish cheerful one we had now, not that it's a bad thing ;) Not too fond of the ear-hairs though...
The first sketches of Sora from Nomura looks a little steampunk-ish without the colours.
Always love to know how the games' or movies' first and original ideas are strikingly different than that it turn out to be now <3

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes, Nomura has been a big supporter of Jungle Book being in KH for a long time now but everytime it almost appears, it gets cut for some reason or another at various stages :( I'm confident it will appear eventually (I have a hunch in KH3, but I could be wrong) since obviously, Nomura wants it very badly ^_^

I could see it making it to kh3. People who've hacked the bbs game found incomplete versions of it.

kupo1121

Awards
I could see it making it to kh3. People who've hacked the bbs game found incomplete versions of it.

That's exactly why I think it'll be in KH3. They already have so much of the world (of course they could make it bigger) that I just think it would be odd for them not to include it in KH3. Disc space be dammed since they can fit all they want and then some on the PS4 discs lol

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Vəntus;6055144 said:
I think the whole thing behind scrapping the Sora with feline features was cut because of FFIX, since Zidane had a tail and they didn't want to recycle looks, although that's what I heard.

Even if it was scrapped... it looked pretty cool. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's exactly why I think it'll be in KH3. They already have so much of the world (of course they could make it bigger) that I just think it would be odd for them not to include it in KH3. Disc space be dammed since they can fit all they want and then some on the PS4 discs lol
That's why I could see it making it into kh3 to since it was so close to it in bbs. lol

Vəntus;6055144 said:
I think the whole thing behind scrapping the Sora with feline features was cut because of FFIX, since Zidane had a tail and they didn't want to recycle looks, although that's what I heard.
That's a possibility. After seeing that photoshopped image of sora's draft in 3D graphics I'm kinda disappoint it didn't make the cut.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Is there anything we are sure we know about them? I keep seeing "Chernabog was meant to be the final boss" , "the princesses played a bigger role"
They had planed for every PoH world to be in KH1 but some worlds were cut for time. Maybe that's what they meant by the princesses having bigger roles.

I've heard the Chernabog rumor before & would love to have some real evidence that this was an actual plan at 1 point. I can kinda believe because pureblood heartless certainly have some aesthetic similarities to Chernabog's design. The idea that they were connected to him wouldn't have been a stretch.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Disney Prince's were meant to fight with Sora in Hallow Bastion, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back