• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► [KH] "Where the Pieces Lie" | KH3 Countdown, Complete (Happy Release Day~)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Re: [KH] "Where the Pieces Lie" | KH3 Countdown, New Drabble Posted Every Day

reverberations of another you.
FOCUS: HAYNER

Hayner's days played out much the same, with the usual words on the usual streets. He could always count on Pence and Olette to be there, for their dynamic to always be the same. Days filled with Struggle and working odd jobs to save up money for pretzels and watermelon. Plans for beach trips. Everything was as it should be.

But he couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing. Frequently he would turn to someone to say something only to find no one was there. He'd remember promises he never made, inside jokes the others didn't know. He could feel his heart reaching out, yearning for something—someone—to answer it.

It was as if he'd experienced this all before, in some other life.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

credo nos in fluctu eodem esse.
FOCUS: DiZ

Meeting Aqua had sparked remembrance inside Ansem, but he felt the waves washing away what little memories had surfaced. He desperately clung to them, unable to bear forgetting anymore.

"Do you remember anything about your world?" Aqua asked.

He struggled to recall. "I remember... the beautiful water, the lovely flowers... the... hopeful smiles... of my people."

"Wait, a sec—are you talking about Radiant Garden?"

That name. "You know it?"

"Yeah," she said. "I've been there. It's safe."

He smiled weakly. "All I long for is to see it once more."

"We'll both see it again soon," Aqua said firmly.

Ansem stared out over the dark sea in front of them, waves lapping at his feet.

"It's beautiful to think so," he said.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

For those who might not know, this drabble is in reference to the canon Nami/Lingering Will conversation from the First Breath concert. You can find a translation of that original conversation here.​

conversations in the dark.
FOCUS: NAMINÉ & LINGERING WILL/TERRA

"Terra... can you hear me?"

"...That voice... I can hear it... in the darkness."​

"Do you remember me?"

"So... familiar. Where... where am I?"​

"We're back in your memories, where they sleep in the darkness."

"That's right... I remember now... Naminé?"​

"Yes, it's me."

"Naminé. I remember. I did it. I found her in the darkness."​

"You did."

"I... I tried to protect her."​

"You saved her, Terra. Maybe not forver, but you saved her then."

"What do you mean? Is Aqua in danger?"​

"Do you feel it, Terra? It's thick in the air. Foul."

"Master Xehanort."​

"Everyone is gathering there soon. They need you, Terra."

"...I understand."​

"Believe in your promise to them, your light."

"Aqua... Ven... I swear, I will set this right."​

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

echoes of who we were.
FOCUS: ISA & LEA

"I want you to always remember me," Lea said as they both stared up at the castle. He faced his friend with a boyish grin. "Will you remember that I existed and that I stood next to you here like this?"

Saïx sat in the throne room. The other members of the True Organization XIII had just dispersed, the shadows they left behind still lingering in the air. He thought about the last time he was here, how he struck at Lea with his claymore. Thought about the shock that registered on Lea's face at the sight of him. The way Lea said his name.

He looked over at Axel's old, barren throne. An empty pang echoed inside.

"Always," Isa said. "I'll always remember."

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

cogito ergo doleo.
FOCUS: XIGBAR/BRAIG

"But you... aren't you scared of just... turning into someone else?"

"Me? I'm already half Xehanort."

Xigbar took off his eye-patch and studied his reflection. A single gold eye stared back at him. He traced along where his eye was sewn shut, felt the ridges of the scar as they rose and fell. He sacrificed a lot for the old coot and the payoff would soon arrive. Something worried him though. His hair, more and more silver. His inner voice, no longer alone. Every now and then thoughts that didn't belong to him filled his mind, telling him what to do. He resisted it for now, but for how long? Was he really in danger of losing everything he was? Who he was?

As if.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

letters to an absent king.
FOCUS: MINNIE

My Dearest Mickey,

You've been gone awhile. How are things on your journey? I hope you're okay. Everything at the castle is just fine. Me and Daisy are keeping everything in working order. Chip and Dale are constantly locked up in the library busying themselves with data this or Gummi Ship that. I'm sure you know. All the townsfolk wish you well and miss your visits. Yes, everything here is just perfect, really...

Oh, Mickey... I can't lie to you. I can't shake the feeling that something terrible is about to happen. There's a foul darkness in the air; can you feel it, too? Even the Cornerstone seems dimmer.

Please, wherever you are, take care of yourself. I miss you.​

All My Love,

Minnie ♥​

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

adventures we never had.
FOCUS: SORA & RIKU & KAIRI

The days of the three of us hanging out on the island and working on the raft seem so far away now. Ever since that night, so long ago, we've never really been together. Something always finds a way to separate us, to make us go it alone. We dreamed of exploring new worlds together, of making memories and adventures. The three of us. I'm sad it never really happened. I keep the both of you in my heart, always, and I know even when there is distance, you are close—that we are all under the same sky. One sky, one destiny.

I hope when this is all over, we can finally be together.

We'll find new adventures to go on, all of us.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

the gathering (sursum corda).
FOCUS: VII LIGHTS

In the barren wasteland of the Keyblade Graveyard, the lights gathered together. Hearts driven by one oath, one purpose. On the bones of the warriors before them, they prepared to face the great clash between light and darkness. Their journey was not an easy one—none of them could have predicted the costs it took, or the ones yet to come. But they had survived, for now.

In the distance, through the sand and dirt, they could make out the shadowy form of their adversary. Master Xehanort. Everything he planned was coming to fruition. As he reached them, thirteen selves appeared. XIII Darknesses against VII Lights.

Everything was inevitable, and soon, the last key would be formed—

And the new Keyblade War set in motion.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Just two drabbles left!​

aegri somnia.
FOCUS: XIII DARKNESSES

As Xehanort approached Sora and the Lights, he could foresee it all in his mind. The Lights would have their hopes crushed by battle upon battle, destroyed and reduced to nothing. The Darknesses would overwhelm them all, blade against blade, as the great clash bore on. He would stamp each of the lights out by the heel of his boot. Their Keyblades would join the lifeless hordes—just another marker in the endless graveyard. Agonizing cries would echo in the canyons beyond, fading. Yes, they would all lose themselves into the darkest abyss, one by one. Only then could the χ-Blade finally be formed.

And then there would be Sora.

That dull, ordinary boy.

Broken and beaten.

Helpless in the face of the machinations of Destiny.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

the future.
FOCUS: YOUNG ERAQUS

"Checkmate."​

Xehanort let go of his chess piece, it wobbled gently as his fingers lifted away. He smirked at the inevitability of it all, his tone light and apathetic, like there was no other way it could have possibly gone. A foregone conclusion. He looked up at his younger partner.

"Just like the legend," he said. He leaned back to take the scene in. "Darkness prevails and light expires."

Eraqus rested his mouth against his fist as he looked over the board between them. Xehanort's pieces had his king surrounded. By all accounts it seemed inescapable. And yet...

He reached forward, fingertips carefully feeling the tops of the crown on his king piece before gently lifting it off the board. Eraqus's lips curled.

"My move, isn't it?"​

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well, here is the last drabble! I hope those who checked this story out found some pieces they liked. Happy Release Day, Everyone! See you on the other side.​

ellipsis.
FOCUS: TETSUYA NOMURA

Tetsuya Nomura sat in front of a large projector screen. All around him staff members from the game found their seats. Someone passed beers around. It was something of a tradition at Square-Enix: on the night of a game's launch staff would gather round, have a few drinks, a play the final level until the credits rolled. It had taken a long time, perhaps too long, but that night was here. The game was finished, and soon, players around the world would begin playing and discover how the story concludes.

He was a little nervous as the game booted up. So much love, sweat, and tears had been put into this. It was finally here. The logo flashed on the screen, the staff applauded.

KINGDOM HEARTS III​

Back