• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH UX Protagonist - Canon Gender?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think the ending to Union Cross confirms that Player X is male. He was reborn into Baby Xehanort. That being said I have a theory about the Female Player that seems possible and would make her canon.

What if she's Subject X? The other 2 likely suspects don't have X in their names (Skuld and Ava) and are mere speculation but the Female Player is from Kingdom hearts Chi/X. She also doesn't have a canon name and thus could be referred to as Subject X. She also has a strong heart and is around Isa's age.
I don't think anyone wants the extremely competent Player to be made into a damsel in distress :(

TrueTroper

Awards
Making my new headcanon that if we ever have a canon protagonist in a remake or whatever, said character looks exactly like Xehanort but as a girl. Just a nice looking tall dark skinned lady with white hair and big biceps.
And it's been proven that, regardless of gender, hearts can reside in a vessel of a gender opposite to their body (Kairi's heart hides in Sora in KH1, Xion's heart resides in Roxas in Days). Not to mention all the body hopping that Sora's heart does in R:M--even to the point of jumping into Aqua's body during the fight against the Demon Tide.

Noivern

Awards
I think the ending to Union Cross confirms that Player X is male. He was reborn into Baby Xehanort. That being said I have a theory about the Female Player that seems possible and would make her canon.

What if she's Subject X? The other 2 likely suspects don't have X in their names (Skuld and Ava) and are mere speculation but the Female Player is from Kingdom hearts Chi/X. She also doesn't have a canon name and thus could be referred to as Subject X. She also has a strong heart and is around Isa's age.
Besides what other people already mentioned, UX has a single ending. For something like this to happen then there has to be another unshow ending where our character doesn't lock themselves with the four Darknesse's and is instead sent on the remaining Lifeboat. Basically rewriting the entire second half of the last chapter.

TrueTroper

Awards
Besides what other people already mentioned, UX has a single ending. For something like this to happen then there has to be another unshow ending where our character doesn't lock themselves with the four Darknesse's and is instead sent on the remaining Lifeboat. Basically rewriting the entire second half of the last chapter.
I'm still wondering if UX will get a "Secret Ending" like the other KH games. Didn't the original [x]chi browser game have a Secret Episode after the credits where the Union Leaders met and Maleficent appeared in the data world and the Protagonist woke up in a forest? I mean, there was an extension in the global version of the game until it shut down... perhaps to add more time for the extra content?

I wonder if there was a secret ending if that would confirm whether or not the Protagonist is connected to "Xehanort" or not, although that does seem like a reveal that Nomura would rather save for an "actual" KH game...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm still wondering if UX will get a "Secret Ending" like the other KH games. Didn't the original [x]chi browser game have a Secret Episode after the credits where the Union Leaders met and Maleficent appeared in the data world and the Protagonist woke up in a forest? I mean, there was an extension in the global version of the game until it shut down... perhaps to add more time for the extra content?
Just the Player and Maleficent scenes.

Willow A113

Awards

I wonder if there was a secret ending if that would confirm whether or not the Protagonist is connected to "Xehanort" or not, although that does seem like a reveal that Nomura would rather save for an "actual" KH game...
Even though the story of Union x has ended, there is still Dark Road, and once that story ends, all the story content on the entire app will be finished. Maybe they're waiting until then to show us a secret ending. The "true ending".

TrueTroper

Awards
Just the Player and Maleficent scenes.
Sorry about that. It was so long ago (YEARS) since it happened I can't really remember what scenes it included. lol

Even though the story of Union x has ended, there is still Dark Road, and once that story ends, all the story content on the entire app will be finished. Maybe they're waiting until then to show us a secret ending. The "true ending".
If the "Secret Ending" includes any possible information about how Xehanort and the Protagonist are related in some way, waiting until Dark Road ends to release it definitely makes sense.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
The canon Union is all but confirmed to be Unicornis so that's a knock against Kanemaki (I'm pretty sure she only used Anguis because that's the one she chose for her own account.)
I didn’t know this, but, hah! I always hated her writing style. Couldn’t resist.😈

anyway back to the topic at large, Player is male. The movie showed it, the novel showed it, Xehanort’s flashbacks showed it, etc. you know the drill. Player is male.

AegisXIII

Awards
This really raises the question of what could happen if they ever remake this game. Will they give a canonical face to Player?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This really raises the question of what could happen if they ever remake this game. Will they give a canonical face to Player?

I’ve seen enough games that have managed to have both a male and female protagonist option with voice acting and everything that Square Enix shouldn’t have an excuse to not have that as a feature in a remake of the game.

So if they have a set face, I hope they at least have a set male and set female option.

AegisXIII

Awards
Which makes me think that the blank replica concept would be such a nice way to edit your avatar face in a MMO.

1622926771570.png

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It’s possible they might do what God Eater did for its anime and have a stand-in OC instead of a customised Player character.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I look at it the same way as Mass Effect. Neither version of Shepard is more officially canon than the other. Both are equally canon, it just depends on what you as the player choose. For me the KHUX protagonist is female, but that doesn't mean that they're canonically female. That's just how I chose to experience the game.

So to answer your question, the canonical gender of the protagonist will differ from player to player. If your character was male, then that's canon for you. If your character was female, same thing.

Back