• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
^ It seems like I'm loving you more everyday, Mel. Thank you, darling. <3

Though I still say I'm a photoshop newb. >__>;
Thanks everyone. =3 *lucky to have such awesome friends*

Right, I'll be honest, the chapter is taking a long time. Long story short, my confidence in writing has been a little, uh, knocked off its feet. It's all done, but I feel sucky about it. When I try to work on it, it's getting me down. I don't feel like I'm going to write anything good. I'm really sorry about this. I feel like I'm making excuses all the time T.T

Anyway, much apologies from me. And thanks a lot for this angelic patience. ,=3

<3
Livi shall wait for Snowy forever and ever. :D I know exactly how you feel though, but you're such an awesome writer, I don't think there will be anything wrong with the finale chapter. <3 {Btw, you're new sig is gorgeous! 8D}

*high fives Kya* <333

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
^ It seems like I'm loving you more everyday, Mel. Thank you, darling. <3

Though I still say I'm a photoshop newb. >__>;

Livi shall wait for Snowy forever and ever. :D I know exactly how you feel though, but you're such an awesome writer, I don't think there will be anything wrong with the finale chapter. <3 {Btw, you're new sig is gorgeous! 8D}

*high fives Kya* <333

Aw thanks!

But I disagree with your photoshop newb comment. I am SO newbier at it than you! =P

Finale chapter? Whoa, have I missed something? *is confused, and has hand ready to slap herself*

I

The Show Must Go On
Why am I being high fived? Why is Snow losing writing confidence? Why is my exboyfriend telling me he still loves me? Why is the world's homosexuality multiplying by five once every hour? Why?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Okay, I could probably answer those questions for myself, but I still want to ask them. The world sucks.

Snow. Want moar. Nao. Please? ♥♥♥

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Okay Kya, you can have a chapter. Just cause I luff ya that much. =3 I will have no upset Kya on my watch. <3

Aw, thanks everyone. And I also missed the finale chapter thing. Just to be clear, this is NOT the end. xD

Thanks for waiting so long for this, seriously. *hugs everyone*

Lookit, I finally edited it. Some of it seems messy IMO - in places, the messiness is on purpose - but I guess that’s for you guys to decide, lol. Gets a tiny bit violent.

Chapter Eighty-Six

Breathing a long, weighty sigh, Loki looked away from Riku, before shaking his head; prompting the long, silky tendrils of his hair to swathe about his shoulders.

“I was a fool,” he insisted quietly, furthering the belief of his supposed reversal in moral beliefs. He looked to Riku solemnly, holding his hands up. “I admit now, it was wrong to have done such things.” It was bizarre to see the man admitting he was wrong. Usually, ’I’, and ’wrong’ were rarely used in one of his sentences - unless, of course, said sentence also contained the word ’never’. “Perhaps my blindness to anything but Mikado’s goal caused such misjudgement.”

Agreeing silently, Sable moved forward, raising her voice so that the silver-haired man could hear.

“I’m sorry, Riku,” she said, sincerity within her voice. “I regret that night so much… if there was anything I could do to repay you, I would do it.”

Riku stood silent, clearly unconvinced.

“I see,” he breathed, folding his arms tightly over his heaving chest. Evidently, he seemed unmoved by Sable‘s testimony, turning his attention to the dark man before him. “What about Imari and Meiji, huh?”

“What about them?” Loki replied, prompting a sour look from Riku.

“Sending Meiji out to find us,” he retorted. “You knew it would cause problems. That’s the only reason you did it.”

“Did I make you kill Meiji?” Loki questioned. He smugly awaited a response, but received no such thing. “Of course I did not. You could have left him. You could have reasoned with him.”

Sora felt compelled to make a response on Riku’s behalf at that moment.

“In all fairness, someone was gonna die then,” he whispered, eyes at the ground, clearly apprehensive at going against Loki. He wished they could have just left while they still could. “If Meiji hadn’t died, it would have been Riku. To tell the truth, Riku killed him in self-defence.”

“He wasn’t gonna let it lie,” Riku continued. “Believe me, I tried to talk to him, but he was intent on killing me.”

“I see,” Loki commented quietly, clearly not listening to their words.

“You knew he’d want to kill me,” Riku shouted, hoping that raising his volume would grasp the man’s attention. “You knew that if he found me, he’d try to kill me. But you still sent him out, all for your own twisted gain!”

Sora’s eyes widened as tried to silence Riku before he went too far. Unfortunately, it seemed nothing would stop the man. He quivered with rage, releasing his emotion in these furious shouts, unwilling to let Loki get away with the pain he’d caused his family.

“This is all a façade, I’m sure of it,” Riku growled. “You don’t care one bit for anyone. You’re lying about it all. You’re just waiting for Sora to drop his guard! You’ll try it again, there’s no doubt in my mind!” He took a step forward, towards Loki, who remained deathly silent. “You don’t care about Orexein. You don’t care about Sable. You’ve been lying about that. You’re a heartless! All you care about is yourself!”

A moment passed where all was ominously silent. Riku’s raging expression seemed to fade; perhaps at the realisation of what he’d done - but more likely to be the sight of Loki’s hand, hurtling towards him with a gigantic amount of power.

Riku was thrown to one side, body hitting the ground with a loud, painful thud.

“Riku!” Sora shouted in alarm, racing to his friend’s side.

Unfortunately, Loki was faster. Within a moment, he was there, mercilessly pounding Riku’s face with his fists, the sour look upon his face speaking everything; he didn’t have to say a word to let them know that he was furious beyond belief. He hadn’t even waited to tie his hair.

Sora summoned his Keyblade in an instant. He regretted having to start another fight with the man, but if he didn’t do anything, there was no doubt in his mind that he’d kill Riku with his bare hands. Panic filling him, acting out of sheer fear, he clubbed Loki against the side of the head, momentary relief running through him as he saw the man fall to one side. Grabbing Riku’s body, pulling him back, Sora placed himself between his friend, and Loki, ready to defend him until the end.

Loki pulled himself to his feet, hand clasping the side of his head as the pain ached through him. He could hear Orexein’s words, swimming into his head, but he paid no attention, not waiting to heed his warnings. His vision blurred a little, but he managed to distinguish between the foes - one being silver-haired, the other, brunet - throwing himself forward.

Lunging at the gold of Sora’s Keyblade, he was determined to knock the man down - or, at least, dart around him to reach Riku. That insolent man’s words had hurt him - badly. Riku had been wrong, but he’d still managed to hurt Loki. And, being Loki, he responded typically - by beating him senseless. Thankfully, Riku seemed alright - still conscious, he looked up slowly as the man began to shout once more.

“Don’t talk that way about me,” he roared, even as he was knocked back by Sora. “You have no right to tell me what I am, and what I am not.” He scowled deeply, shoulders shifting as his chest hungrily gasped for air. “I have done some low things in my life, but rest assured, I am not low enough to betray those that love me.” He threw his gaze to the ground, hair swathing around him. A growl escaped him as his words spilled out. He was about to be surprisingly sentimental. “Not many people grant me that luxury.” His eyes narrowed. “I’d be the greatest fool on the planet if I did not repay them for it.” He growled. “I’d be an even bigger fool to betray them like you say I would.”

Moving forward, he clenched his fists tightly, ready to begin another onslaught. Blood already dripped from his knuckles, and it was clear they lusted for more of it.

“Don’t do it,” a voice suddenly pleaded from behind - a lot closer than before.

Looking back over his shoulder, initially with a scowl, his expression softened as his eyes found Sable. She stood weak before him, eyes narrowed into an onyx stare. She firmly grasped his forearm, brow creased. Her grip certainly was strong - he could feel her nails beginning to dig into his skin. She hated having to be so rough, but if she wasn’t, the man would not listen.

“I mean it,” she whispered, looking up at him, her heart pounding away, “don’t touch him.” There was something serious, yet anxious about her voice - commanding him in such a way, talking to him so brutishly was a last resort. Loki sighed, rubbing his eyes. He couldn’t ignore that look. She was so helpless, dependent, and loving - just like a little kitten; yet, her fiery nature made her out to be something of a tiger at times. She, too, could be vicious when it suited her - and, clearly, she felt strongly enough about him to become so forceful and aggressive.

“You will lose this chance if you do it,” she whispered, filled with concern, rather than anger. “Sora might turn on you. That will not get us anywhere, Loki.”

The man released a long, agitated growl; just another of his lupine mannerisms.

“I cannot let him get away with what he said,” he growled, speaking through his bruised ego. “You heard him. He said my feelings for you and Orexein are lies.” Looking to Orexein for reassurance, he met a stern, ivory glare, head shaking back and forth.

“And you know it is not true,” Orexein commented, arms over his chest. “So let it go.” It seemed the two together were teaching him - as parents teach a child, they were fair, yet firm.

Sable nodded in agreement with the wise old man, pulling Loki’s arm back.

“Just let them go,” she said softly, letting her hand trail down his arm, before twining with his bloody hand. She lowered her voice, as to not let Sora hear. “Besides, Riku is injured; they cannot refuse this time.”

Sighing, looking to Sora, Loki breathed deeply. It pained him to do such things, but an apology was needed if he was to get out of this without doing battle once more.

“I am sorry,” he said quietly - though, filled with silent, bitter resentment. He wanted to beat Riku into the ground. He wanted to rip Sora apart. But, he wanted Sable more - and he could not have her if he lashed out. For the first time, he was going against his temper.

Sora nodded slowly, understanding the man‘s words. Although Loki’s actions were irrational - after all, repeatedly punching someone in the face was never the most logical thing to do - even he would admit that Riku had gone too far. Asking about Imari, and Taiko was one thing, but accusations towards his feelings were another - especially after the sincerity of his remarks.

“You have my word,” Loki continued, eyes away from Sora‘s, “I will not try anything.” He forgot something, suddenly adding it to his statement. “I will ensure the worlds are put back to normal. I’ll get rid of the Heartless. I… I promise.”

Surprised at Loki giving a promise - to him, of all people - Sora returned with a single nod. Giving a weak smile, he dismissed the Keyblade, scooping Riku into his arms, and hoisting him over his shoulder. The man grunted, irritated, but Sora ignored him, staggering towards the doors. He looked back at Loki as he eventually reached them. The man was half cloaked in shadow, half flooded with light.

“Thank you, Loki,” Sora smiled, sincerity in his blue eyes. He was filled with emotion, but right now was not the time to think about that.

The man nodded silently, before holding a hand forward, snapping his fingers. With that, a slight clunk emanated from the heavy, wooden doors, before, slowly, they swung open, allowing Sora and Riku to leave. Alive.

King Mickey stood there, flustered, alarm wide in his eyes, chest heaving with anxiety as he saw Riku. Gulping, he peered around Sora - his eyes meeting Loki’s figure. He was still alive?

“Sora?” the King began, voice drained of his usual optimistic cheer. “Sora, you didn’t - ”

“I’ll explain later,” Sora replied calmly.

“But we can’t just leave, he’s right there!” the King exclaimed, flinging a hand forward.

“It’s alright,” Sora assured him firmly.

Sable smiled, relief swathing through her at the sight of Sora leaving them. A thought sprung to her head, causing her smile to widen.

“Loki,” she whispered, grasping his hand gently, “help them one last time.” Raising his eyebrow, he looked at her with a scowl, prompting her to continue. “Cast a portal for them. Back to Pyra.”

“Why?” he spat, disgusted. Clearly, he was unhappy with helping them in the first place. This would make him feel even worse. Sable’s new heart was getting to her, it seemed. Sable wrapped her arm around his.

“So that they know you’re telling the truth,” she smiled gently. “They are more likely to believe you if you do that. A guilty man would not help them get away.”

Breathing a long, weighty sigh, Loki nodded, succumbing to her. He really had to learn to disagree with her - although, she always seemed to be right.

“For you…” he growled. “And only for you.”

A shout emanated from the room, prompting the King to leap with fright. The voice was so commanding; deep, and growling, sending a shiver into his soul, allowing goosebumps to prickle his skin. His heart pounded heavily, instincts shouting at him to run - but his body remained fixed to the spot, too afraid to move.

“Sora,” Loki called, voice resonant in the darkness. The Keyblade wielder turned to him nonchalantly, prompting King Mickey’s eyes to widen. How could Sora hear this voice and not shudder? “I… I shall cast a portal for you.”

An uncontrollable smile clung to Sora‘s lips - yet, one of bewilderment, not delight. It was generous of him, but it was baffling at the same time. A short chuckle escaped from Loki as he noticed the confusion in his foe’s youthful face.

“Call it a parting gift,” he said, voice devoid of any emotion whatsoever. He rubbed his neck in an awkward fashion - evidently uncomfortable. His words were forced, and stuttered, lost of his usual eloquence. “I’ll cast it into the ballroom. Back to Pyra?”

The man nodded, with a smile upon his face. His blue eyes shone with gratitude. He couldn’t describe just how he’d felt at that moment. Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought that both he and Loki would have survived the battle. Loki had seemed intent on victory, happy to accept his own death in the process. Now, there he was, releasing him without any hassle.

“Thank you,” he said again, before giving a final wave.

With that, Loki gave a deep, unrelenting scowl, as he swept one arm to the side, rapidly slamming the doors shut before he could change his mind. That was the last time he would ever see Sora, and he, for one, was pleased that it was so. Still, he’d have preferred to see the man die, but that was not to be. He snorted, before a long growl emanated from his lips. He was in a foul mood, as anyone could tell.

Striding over to his chair without a word, he fell into it heavily, rubbing his temples with hard fingers. Had this just happened? Was Sora gone? Had he escaped? The questions flittered in his head, each one demanding him for an answer.

Seven years had led up to this moment; and what a let down it seemed to be. He had clung desperately to the thought of victory, taking great delight in mental images of himself hurling Sora’s bloody, lifeless body to the ground. Oh, how long he had waited for the day he’d avenge his fallen brother. Nothing else had been able to penetrate his mind for so long, it felt strange to comprehend new thoughts.

“How the hell could I do that?!” the shout suddenly burst from him after a few moments of ominous silence. His fist slammed heavy against the tabletop, before his hand spread, and his nails clawed across the surface. “What the hell have I been thinking?!”

“Loki,” Sable whispered, making a first footstep towards him, still trembling a little - not fearful of him, just still sore from Sora‘s attack. He seemed furious; perhaps, even regretful. He looked at her, breathing a long, leaden sigh, the expression on his face one of uncertainty. “Loki… you made the right decision. I know it doesn’t feel like it now, but…”

“She’s right,” Orexein added, lifting a cigarette to his mouth. Loki seemed stressed, and perhaps, if the circumstances had been different, he would have jokily offered one for his furious friend. “Loki, Mikado would not be mad at you for quitting.”

Sable nodded, before continuing this comment, stepping closer to the man.

“I do not think he would be mad at all,” she purred softly, looking at him with wide, hopeful eyes. “I think he’d be happy about you not doing battle with the Keyblader.” She averted her gaze. “I’m sure… as your brother, he would just be happy that you did not die on his behalf. I think the last thing that Mikado would have wanted was for you to meet the same end as him.”

“I know,” he replied tersely, a grating tone in his voice.

“Then you shouldn’t have to worry about it,” she insisted. “Try not to - ”

Sable suddenly stopped, realising that no-one - not even her - would be able to console Loki just yet. It wasn’t something she could fix with a few well-intentioned words of comfort. She knew that he understood his actions were the correct ones, but it was easy to forget that he was new to the wide world of emotion. Just weeks earlier, he’d only been able to comprehend two emotions - and those, obviously, were hate, and anger. Now after all these events, the shock was subsiding, and feelings - feelings he’d never experienced before - were rushing forward. It was going to take a while for him to feel back to his usual self, rid of all this confusion.

Loki made no efforts to respond to her comforting - other than his earlier, monotonous growl - nor did he avert his gaze from his glassy-eyed, unfocused stare. Feelings surged through him, each one new, and strange. The unshakeable quiver of regret trembled clear in the pit of his stomach, sparking thought deep within his troubled mind.

I should have done it…” he thought, digging his nails further into the table. “I should have finished him off. I will never have a chance like that one. I should have done this for Mikado.

Above the regret hung the quaking, overshadowing anger that buzzed within his chest, the raw, primitive instinct barking incessantly for him to blow the doors off their hinges and finish the job once and for all. Ignoring it was no easy task, but he was managing rather well, this time. It seemed taking a deep breath did help a little. Many had given him such advice over the years, and it was only now that it sunk in - of all times.

Of all the times to control myself,” he thought, the scowl upon his face deepening as he comprehended this particular thought. “I wish I could let myself get out there and kill them…

The thought ran clear through his body, before his attention flitted to another thought, sending a shockwave into the back of his head, starting the heated fire of guilt. A sigh fell from him as he closed his eyes.

I promised…” he returned to his mind. “The moment I discovered he was dead, I swore to him that I would avenge him.” Looking up, he saw Mikado’s face, looking back at him from the cold, lonely confines of his portrait, bathed in ghostly moonlight, his orange eyes like some sort of eerie apparition.

“I have failed you,” he whispered to it, black eyes unmoving from the blind orange stare. “I am sorry, Mikado.”

The reality had settled in. His chance was gone. His chance to avenge Mikado was gone. His chance to destroy the Keyblader was gone, and he could not do anything about it. He did not regret releasing his chance for Sable, but it was going to take some time to get used to the idea - not to mention, it would take a lot of time to rid himself of the guilt he felt beginning to relentlessly eat away at his soul. Seven years he had spent plotting his revenge; seven years of his life wasted on a fruitless cause.

It was going to take a lot of work to make himself feel better about what he’d done; from plotting to kidnap a baby, to mercilessly beating innocent people to death, he was not proud of what he had done, all blindly, in aid of his cause. Now, he felt worse about it - it had all been even more meaningless than before, now that his goal had not been realised. Still, he knew he had made the right decision, in the end. Sable was right - Mikado would not have wanted his little brother to die at the Keybearer’s hands.

The road to bettering himself was going to be a long, and arduous journey, but, he felt he had learned something from Sora; difficult journeys were much easier with the help of good friends - and he had two of them. Both of them had put their lives on the line for him that night, and both of them had made a significant impact upon his life. With their help - and, most importantly, their love - there was no way he could fail.

Aww =‘3

A happy ending *squee* I’m pleased that they ended up alright. Killing Loki off was the original plan, but as the story progressed, it didn’t feel like the right thing to do… his character developed a lot, so I thought it would be best to let him have a second chance.

I like the part towards the end where Loki is thinking… I think that idea worked well, I wanted to sorta show how mixed up his head must be, leaping from one thought to another like that n_n;

I’m not gonna say that this is definitely the last we’ll see of those three, but it seems very likely at this point. of course, there’s always the option of a one-shot in the future, ne? u_n

Thoughts and comments would be good, especially on the writing aspect…

<3

I

The Show Must Go On
Oh, the plot chickens... Loki, Loki, Loki. HOW COULD YOU HAVE GONE AND NOT KILLED SORA? I'LL HAVE TO FIX THE SIGN I MADE NOW! *scratches out the 'for killing Sora' part*

*pets Mikado*

Moar? 'Twas win.

IchigoNeko

-applauds-

Yay! The chapter was really really good, snow, seriously. -tries to think of more to say-

Is the next chapter going to be an epilogue thing? Because that chapter seemed to wrap up the story pretty nicely...

Sorry I can't think of more stuff to say....But I think that chapter was awesome. Definitely worth the wait.

I

The Show Must Go On
I demand Taiko. They have yet to go see Taiko, and they were supposed to have seen him. So please?

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com
Sorry for the mild lateness! I was busy with production! A thousand apologies.

Anyway, I see my bodyguard services aren't needed here. For now.

Awesome chappie. Well written, as usual. Particularly at the end with Loki's thoughts. =D

T

Tyler Durden

Kind of off topic, but I love how so many people are going around proclaiming their love for one of the ancient gods of chaos and mischief.

Anyway, nice chapter. I am curious how much plot can still be pulled out of this, however.

Never mind me. Just my normal cynicism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back