• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I updated it last night! Don't make meh remind you about my exams >.>;

Oh, and no arguing, people. *moves the nine-tailed fox to avoid further quarrels* Get outta here, Kitsune. But for the record, I don't particularly like Naruto. >.<;

Thank joo Oathy :3 Yeah, I liked her too, I think it was kind of a waste of her character... Gah.

Thank you, K_K. I suppose I could. Enjoy, peoples.

Zomg said:
The short walk was over, and they now stood just before the large mansion. There was no denying that it was a beautiful building; these walls were intricately detailed with many stone carvings. Gargoyles and twisted forms stood proud upon the roof, curled around windows, and, notably, one hung over the huge front doors. The house seemed to be made of greyish stone; but, strangely, a shaft of moonlight revealed that the stone had been slightly darkened with a black tinge. Ikawa ran up the few steps, before standing right before the doors. His hand trembled down the cold, polished wood, finding a golden - albeit, dark-tinged - handle. The others apprehensively followed him.

“Ready?” he whispered. They all agreed with him, ready to enter. It was now or never.

Pushing the door open, a shaft of flickering, yellowish light met them, along with an eerily welcoming blast of warm, inviting air. Stepping into this front room, they closed the huge doors behind them, before looking around.

“Home, sweet home,” Ikawa grumbled, sarcastic. Kicking his boots clean, he left huge lumps of melting snow on the cold, tiled floor.

Yeah.

No problemo, Wolf! I don't mind a little spam in here, lol. Feel free ^.^ Thanks <3

M'kay, that chapter SHOULD be up tomorrow. But don't hold me to it, you guys know I don't have a lot of time right now <3

I

The Show Must Go On
O.O Sneak peaks / Spoilers to next chappie = baaaaaaaaaad! I dun wanna know what's going to happen next before I get to have the whole thing! Take it back Snowy!

Lol at myself. But I shall not read the sneak peak. *no*

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Chapter Sixty-Seven

The winds continued to howl, and the little group were taking their first proper look around here, in this snowy wasteland of Deorca Obscuros. The snow-covered plain they arrived on was completely bare around them, but in the distance, the eerie, horrific remains of what were once houses stood as solemn, ghostly reminders of the people that once dwelled there - before being brutally killed by the New Generation. Just before them was the large, black silhouette of what appeared to be a mansion; with intricate stone carvings, and even turrets, it seemed to be a fantastical, grand building, not worthy of such callous, vindictive owners. The snow continued to fall thick and fast from the overcast, dark skies, the moon a mere, pale white glow behind the masses of cloud - it seemed to be a monochrome world; so far, everything was either black, or white.

Ikawa looked to them, before heavily gesturing towards the mansion. He seemed to do so with a leaden heart. His clothing slightly billowed in the ominous, somewhat foreboding winds. It was clear from his very expression and mannerisms that he was fairly nervous at the prospect of returning here - naturally, after refusing to go along with their plans, and even leaving them.

“That’s where we’re goin’,” he said, his voice lacking of his usual cocky attitude. He became slightly pensive as he looked towards this looming form in the distance, engulfed in shadow.

“Doesn’t look as scary as Square-One,” the King commented, eyeing the house, “but it’s gonna be just as hard, fellas.”

“It looks scary to me,” Kairi murmured, feeling a shiver run down her spine.

Sora nodded, carefully trying to wrap a bandage around himself. The burn on his side was slightly painful, but it could have been a lot worse. Kairi noticed his struggling, and was quick to help, tenderly wrapping it around for him. His clothing was singed, but he paid no attention to this.

“Thank you, Kairi,” he smiled to her, kissing her cheek before turning to Ikawa. His expression fell slightly. They could not waste any time. “Is there anything we need to look out for?”

“Nothing, other than the members,” he said sourly, his brow creased with lines of seriousness. “I know their plan. Well, I think. It had been finalised before I - left.”

“What was it?” Goofy asked. The others nodded similarly. As Potere had told them, knowledge was power.

“The strongest members are in there,” Ikawa replied solemnly, making a gesture towards the fated building. “Most of them are at Furia’s - that’s who you just beat - level. But there are three you need to look out for.”

“Can we walk and talk?” Donald asked, shivering as he stood in the snow, without shoes. “It’s cold out here!”

“Fine with me,” Ikawa said casually, turning to face their destination. The others followed his lead as he began to trudge through the snow. “Anyway, those three are Sable, Orexein, and Loki.” He counted on his fingers as he spoke.

“Sable?!” Riku frowned, walking along with Taiko in his arms. “She’s one of them?!” Imari nodded softly, clutching at his arm for warmth.

“She didn’t seem too strong,” she whispered, “not compared to the girl back there.” Sable was so pale, and sickly-looking. How could such a frail girl battle so well? Ikawa smiled, before looking over his shoulder at the naïve girl.

“Appearances are deceptive,” he pointed out. “Wait ‘til you get a load of Orexein.” Sora tilted his head slightly. Snowflakes dotted his bewildered face.

“What’s so bad about Orexein?” he asked. Ikawa’s comment had prompted curiosity from the man.

“He’s blind,” Ikawa went on. Sora’s eyes widened. The idea seemed ludicrous to him.

“Blind?” he repeated, somewhat disbelieving. “Then how is he supposed to battle?” He rubbed his chin, furrowing his brow. “I’m not sure I could hit a blind guy.” Ikawa laughed; a loud bellow.

“He’d think nothin’ of hittin’ you!” he laughed, his hands finding his pockets. His fingers were getting cold. “I won’t lie to ya. That guy is incredible.” He proceeded to explain. “His senses are very fine-tuned. He can tell where you are in a room even if he can’t hear ya. If he tries hard, he can tell how you’re feelin’, without a single word.” Sora scratched his head with his free hand - Kairi was holding the other tightly.

“Wow,” Sora breathed, eyes fixed on their destination. He then returned to the original point. “So, what’s so bad about Sable? She’s kinda skinny looking.” Ikawa blurted out a laugh.

“Well, Sora,” he laughed, “so are you!” Sora blushed. “You get what I mean. Yer skinny, but you’re a hell of a strong guy. Sable… she isn’t physically strong like you.”

“Does she have any powers?” Imari asked, still slightly curious about the girl. They saw Ikawa’s head bob with a quick nod.

“Her mind is her power,” he continued. “Sable has psychic power. Telekinesis, I guess you’d call it.”

“Impressive,” King Mickey commented. The others silently agreed. There was a brief silence as everyone absorbed the information. Sora then continued, but seemed slightly apprehensive as he did so.

“I was… gonna ask about Loki, too,” he murmured, knowing this might be a little difficult for Ikawa to think about. Ikawa breathed a sigh, his eyes finding his heavy boots, ploughing through the thick snow. He hated going back to that callous man.

“Just…” he tried to think of some advice, but words were failing him. He ran a hand through his shocking blue hair. “Just… be on your guard, even if he’s just speakin’ to ya. If I know Loki, he’ll do some yellin’ before he fights ya.”

“Big deal,” Donald squawked, shooing the idea. “Yellin’ won’t do anythin’ to Sora.” Ikawa shook his head, his green eyes narrowed. He knew this all from first-hand experience.

“It’s more of an… intimidatin’ thing,” Ikawa elaborated. “It’s not his shoutin’ that’s the scary part.” He looked over his shoulder again. “The guy is huge. And he has this… aura, about him.”

“What do you mean?” Sora asked, feeling slightly apprehensive at this point.

“You’ll know it when you meet him,” Ikawa sighed, despondent. Unlike the rest of them, he had the unfortunate experience of being around such a man. “It’s like… in his presence, you can feel this… I don’t know, this eerie darkness about him.” He sighed again, turning to face the mansion once more. It was not far now. “He thinks nothing of casual violence. You all need to keep on your guard around him.” Ikawa seemed deadly serious for once, discussing such matters. “And if he ties his hair up, prepare for trouble.”

At this point, they couldn’t help laughing. It seemed a bizarre statement to make. What did Loki’s hair have to do with anything? With a sigh, Ikawa continued, shaking his head as the laughing dispersed.

“Loki’s very vain,” he explained. “He takes a lot of pride in the way he looks.”

“A pretty-boy, huh?” Donald interrupted. Ikawa gave a nod.

“You could call him that,” he said, breathing heavily. “He loves his hair, in particular. There’s only one time he ties it up. And that’s to fight. You could call it a warnin’ sign, I guess.”

“Got it,” King Mickey smiled cheerfully, trying to keep their morale up, despite the daunting task ahead. “We can do this!” Sora gave a determined nod, but seemed slightly preoccupied with an earlier thought.

“But, Ikawa,” he started, shivering a little in the increasingly icy winds, “why would he want to yell at me first?” Ikawa smacked his forehead with his palm, frustrated - yet, could not help raising a smile.

“Don’t ya remember anythin’?” Ikawa smiled. “You killed his brother, Sora. Sorry, but he hates you for what you did. He wants his revenge.” Sora felt a quivering fear begin inside. This Loki character sounded intense, to say the least. “Loki does nothin’ but talk about Mikado. You can’t mention Mikado in the wrong way. If ya say anythin’ about him he don’t like, he loses his temper entirely.” He looked over his shoulder. “And that’s somethin’ you don’t want to happen.” Sora gave a nod, his eyes finding the snowy floor. Trying to take his mind off these matters, he tried to step in Ikawa’s huge footprints as they walked.

“Got it,” he whispered. Kairi noticed his uneasiness, squeezing his hand gently before curling an arm around his slender waist.

“It’ll be alright,” she smiled to him. “We’re all here with you.” Ikawa nodded, hearing her words. He stopped in his tracks, turning to face Sora.

“She’s right, y’know,” he said, standing over Sora and Kairi with a heartened expression. “If push comes to shove, it’s not like we’d stand by an’ watch him beat ya!” Riku approached from behind them, placing a hand on Sora’s shoulder.

“Yeah,” he smiled. Sora’s eyes widened - he was slightly surprised to see Riku agreeing with Ikawa. “If it’s anything like what we’ve dealt with so far, then he’ll be the very last one.” Ikawa’s green eyes darted to Riku with a friendly smile.

“That was the plan,” he confirmed. “I know where Loki will be in there. And Riku is right; he’s the last one you’ll face.” Sora nodded, feeling slightly more confident.

“Thanks,” he said to them all, with a glimmer of a smile. “I can’t lose with friends like you guys.”

The short walk was over, and they now stood just before the large mansion. There was no denying that it was a beautiful building; these walls were intricately detailed with many stone carvings. Gargoyles and twisted forms stood proud upon the roof, curled around windows, and, notably, one hung over the huge front doors. The house seemed to be made of greyish stone; but, strangely, a shaft of moonlight revealed that the stone had been slightly darkened with a black tinge. Ikawa ran up the few steps, before standing right before the doors. His hand trembled down the cold, polished wood, finding a golden - albeit, dark-tinged - handle. The others apprehensively followed him.

“Ready?” he whispered. They all agreed with him, ready to enter. It was now or never.

Pushing the door open, a shaft of flickering, yellowish light met them, along with an eerily welcoming blast of warm, inviting air. Stepping into this front room, they closed the huge doors behind them with an ominous boom, before looking around.

“Home, sweet home,” Ikawa grumbled, sarcastic. Kicking his boots clean, he left huge lumps of melting snow on the cold, tiled floor.

Inside this mansion seemed equally beautiful as the outside; despite the darkness that lurked within. The floor was tiled with large slabs of jade, polished so well that one could see their reflection clearly in the ground, tinged with a green. Above them hung a chandelier, although, none of the candles in it were lit. The crystals simply swung a little in the slight movement of air. Before them, stood a large, wooden staircase, with a dark green carpet runner. The banisters and steps, too, were polished to perfection. Other than these notable things, there was not much else within this room. There were two candles - one on each windowsill, flanking the front door - providing a weak, flickering light, ominous as they stood there - unwelcome guests.

There were three doors there, all of which were open. One stood on the right, one on the left, and one on the back wall, just behind the staircase.

“Which way?” Sora asked, looking to Ikawa for guidance. Ikawa rubbed his chin, eyes darting to each door, before settling on the stairs.

“Upstairs,” he concluded. “These doors don’t lead anywhere.” He gestured to each one in turn. “Library. Kitchen. Storeroom.”

Leading the way, Ikawa led them up the staircase. The stairs creaked slightly as they traversed up.

Kairi grasped Sora’s hand tightly, feeling nervous - to say the least - about where they had ended up. This entire scenario seemed bizarre to her, and she could not help the niggling feeling she had in her gut when looking at Ikawa.

Yes, his words a few minutes ago had seemed so encouraging, and heartening, but she couldn’t help her suspicions returning. Anyone would feel concerned in her position, she supposed.

This isn’t right,” she thought to herself, with a quiver of familiar fear as they walked. “Ikawa is leading us to Loki… what if this is a trap? What if he‘s lied all this time?

For all she knew, the other members were waiting for them at the top of the staircase, just waiting to pounce on them. After all, they did not know for sure how many other members of the New Generation there were. Counting up in her head, she was trying to make sense of it all. If only she knew that Riku had previously felt such doubts. However, she believed her thoughts would be perceived as unfounded, and so stayed silent.

Nearing the top of the stairs, they noticed that, at either side of them, along the short landing, were two doors.

“Left, or right?” Sora asked, looking up to Ikawa. They’d have been looking at a real headache if Ikawa was not there to guide them. This mansion was like a maze already.

“Right,” Ikawa responded without a moment’s thought, before leading them off in the decided direction. Kairi felt a shiver as she saw his smile in doing so. Her suspicions were being aroused by his slightest actions.

Walking through this door at the right, they were brought out into a fairly large room, with no apparent purpose. However, like the rest of this house so far, it seemed elaborately decorated, the walls panelled with the finest wood, each one of the furnishings grand and stately. There were a number of portraits on the wall - most likely of this mansion’s previous owners - along with an ancient-looking tapestry. Ikawa moved to the side of the door as they entered, allowing the others to move in.

“Go ahead,” he smiled, noticing the King’s curiosity as he eyed a pale white sculpture in the far corner.

The group dispersed slightly, each being drawn to a separate focal point in the room.

Kairi rubbed her neck nervously, slightly widened eyes darting to each of her friends as they wandered around the room. She didn’t like this one bit. Usually, upon entering a new place, they would not be so careless. Yet, Ikawa had spurred them on to take a look around.

She felt her heart pound as Sora moved away from her, his warm hands leaving her clammy grasp. He seemed happy enough to examine the surroundings, apparently forgetting the more sinister nature of this grand-looking place. Kairi backed away slightly, moving back towards the door.

Ikawa watched her unwittingly moving closer to himself, arms folded as he stood behind her.

“You okay?” he asked, unintentionally scaring her. She jumped slightly, suppressing a shocked cry as she whirled around to meet his green gaze. She nodded, lips slightly parted as she tried to respond. He gave a smile - it was meant to be reassuring, yet Kairi did not think so - moving towards her. “Ya shouldn’t be.”

“Do not believe him,” an unknown voice suddenly purred, raising the hairs on Kairi’s neck. Her blue gaze became widened as it dawned on her - whoever this voice belonged to; it was behind her.

“Look out, Kairi!” Sora shouted from afar, his footsteps thundering back towards her.

“Ah, it’s you,” Ikawa said. “Didn’t think you’d be here.”

Not much else to say ^.^

<3

giuocob

No...not a cliffy! I can't stand these things. Oh well...that was an excellent introduction to what I'd assume will be the final stage of their journey. I'm watching wide-eyed right now.

I

The Show Must Go On
OMS, I was so tense reading this! Honestly, Snow, I was about an centimetre from the monitor as I was reading this part! And I wanted to hit Sora and Ikawa for badmouthing Loki, Sable, and Orexin *growls* *wants to see the bad guys win!* (Yes, I like Loki's hair too <3 <.< >.> *steals Loki* "Now sit here with Mikado and look pretty and have evil thoughts until I finish squeeing over Snowy, okay?")

O.O Who is behind them!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
D:

That scared the hell out of me Snow. It's like those suspense thriller movies that give me nightmares.

But a really good one, mind you.

I

The Show Must Go On
The thread seems to be dying once again (SECOND PAGE FTW!!!!) I guess it's up to me to fix things <.< >.> *bump*

OMG, Snow-chan, I feel so literate right now... I just finished reading the dictionary... and it hurts so bad!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
*waves* Apologies, I wasn't online last night. I got ill. *begs for forgiveness*

Thanks for all you guys said ^.^ Hehe, making things tense worked! =3

Sorry about the cliffy, Wolf. <3

Wow, thanks Oathy! =O Tis rather flattering!

Kya. Put Loki back. *glares* Sable might come out and eat you. Hehe, thank you <3

Chapter Sixty-Eight

Kairi stood perfectly still, eyes closed tightly as she tried not to inflame the situation further. She withheld a whimper, but it manifested itself into a fearful quiver, trembling through her entire body. It seemed the seconds were dragging on, Sora’s footsteps a resonant, constant pulse in the back of her head. From the sound of it, he was the only one moving; the others obviously fixed to their respective spots. She hoped, and prayed that he would reach her soon, for her fear was building with each moment that scraped past.

“Stop!” Ikawa suddenly shouted, prompting a jump from Kairi. Opening her blue eyes, she saw Ikawa, holding out a firm arm to where she assumed Sora had come to a quick halt. Her bleary eyes widened as she heard his following words. “Don’t touch him, Sora. Don’t go near him, I mean it.” The intense scowl on his face was like nothing she’d ever seen, the serious tone in his voice threatening whoever was on the receiving end of this glare. His gaze was then thrown to the figure behind her. She desperately wanted to look, but did not dare move from her spot.

She felt a shiver surge cold down her spine as the caress of fingers ran over her nape.

“Who is this, Ikawa?” she heard Sora’s voice cry out, along with the familiar sounds of the Keyblade. Her heart pounded as she prayed for him to do something. Her blue eyes gazed at Ikawa, whose glare continued to be fixed upon someone - or even, something - over her shoulder.

She tried not to panic as she heard a small, yet sinister laugh from behind. Instinctively, she hunched up her shoulders, drawing her arms closer to her chest. Thankfully, the touch upon her neck had left - for now.

“Aren’t you gonna stop him?!” Sora roared in desperation.

From the sound of his voice, this situation seemed more dire than ever before. Kairi peeked with one eye, trembling as she looked desperately at Ikawa. With each second, it was becoming more likely that her suspicions were true. There was no way Ikawa could have been on their side if he did nothing to stop whoever was behind her. She assumed it was a member - after all, there were no other choices. Her lips curled into a slight frown, but was overwhelmed by her fear. She hoped that they would not fall prey to some sort of trap - after all, she could not help feeling that this had all been planned. Ikawa had seemed all too happy to let them wander the strange room. And now, this had happened.

“I told ya, don’t move,” Ikawa hissed, eyes not moving from their spot. He slightly advanced towards Kairi, appearing somewhat tremulous. “Just leave her alone, Ivy. She’s not the one yer here for.”

“True,” the voice replied. His tone seemed refined, and cultured, unlike Ikawa’s comparatively terse, and coarse language. Kairi shuddered as the touch moved to her cheek. His fingers were cold, and hard, his touch sending quivers of fear to the pit of her stomach. “But what is to stop me taking her, too?” Kairi tried to hold another cry in her chest as he whirled her around by her shoulders, but it escaped in a mournful whimper.

Feeling his hands tightly grasping her shoulders, she kept her eyes tightly closed, but even having them shut could not stop her tears escaping. They trickled down her cheeks as she stood there, drawing away from him as much as she could. Her lips shook as she bit her tongue.

“Don’t touch her!” Sora threatened, his voice reverberating in the cavernous room. Kairi could tell that he was close, but not close enough to do anything. “Just leave her alone! Ikawa’s right, I’m the one you’re here for.”

“I am aware of that,” the voice replied, arrogant. “And if you would merely listen, you would have heard that there is nothing to stop me taking the girl, too.” He muttered to himself. “Incompetent fool.” His attention then turned to Kairi. “Why, what is the matter?”

Kairi did not respond, could not even bring herself to open her eyes. She felt a burst of fear in her chest as she felt his fingers drying the tears from her cheeks.

“Don’t cry,” he purred alluringly, cupping her face in his hands. Kairi shuddered; but not as much as Sora. He quivered with anger to see this.

Kairi trembled as she took a peek at him. Surprisingly, he appeared to be her own age, with a young, handsome face. He flashed an educated - but sinister - smile, his vivid eyes slowly wandering over her tear-stained face to meet her red eyes. From what she could tell from the few seconds she saw him, he appeared to be of a slender build, standing tall, without a shirt.

“I’m not just gonna stand here,” Sora murmured to himself, readying himself to attack while the man was preoccupied. He grasped the Keyblade with both hands, before lunging forward with raging footsteps. “Hold on, Kairi!”

He was about to strike, when he felt a heavy blow send him crashing to the ground from the side. He skidded on the wooden floor, before collapsing into a crumpled heap; strangely, with a large weight on top of himself. Not wasting a second - despite the pain - he did his best to fight off this new foe.

“I told ya, don’t move!” a familiar voice repeated once more. Sora opened his eyes to see Ikawa’s green glare facing back.

“What are you doing?!” Sora asked, frantically trying to throw the man off as he ignored the pain. “I can’t let that guy take Kairi, I have to do something! Stop getting in the way!” Ikawa shook his head, eyes full of a worried alarm.

“Sora, that is Ivy,” he whispered. His words were fast; they could not waste time. “One wrong move, and he’ll kill her.” Sora’s eyes widened as he rose from the ground. “No-one has ever survived his poison.” Ikawa got to his feet, glaring as Ivy glanced over his shoulder at the two. It was clear now whose side Ikawa was on; still Sora’s, despite his earlier - misunderstood - words.

Ivy smirked slightly as he watched them. His sleek, white hair glimmered purple as it became caught in the flickering light, shining with a lilac sheen as the long locks swayed with movement. He glared back at Ikawa with vivid, purple, green-flecked eyes, his incredibly long, white eyelashes fluttering gently at them.

“What are you doing?” he smiled at their apparent ineptness. With a single sweep of his arm, he curled Kairi closer to himself, so that she unwillingly stood at his side. He eyed Sora as he trembled with rage - yet, managing to hold it inside with his characteristic angelic patience. “Now, then. I suppose we should get down to business.” His unusually long, clawed fingers ran through Kairi’s red hair, and he seemed to be loving every second. “Not before I introduce myself, of course.” He bowed to them, giving a malicious smirk. “I am Ivy.”

“Stop it,” Sora growled, heart aching as he saw the terrified look in Kairi’s eyes. It pained him to stand there while she was in his grasp. “Just leave her alone.”

“He’s right,” Ikawa commented, taking a slow step closer to Ivy and Kairi. It was clear that this situation was fragile. “Listen, Ivy. I’m willin’ to make ya a deal.” Ivy smiled, eyes wandering Kairi’s face again. His grip released around her shoulder, but grabbed her hand in an instant. He rubbed her hand gently with his fingers. If Kairi did not know better, she would have assumed he was trying to comfort her.

“Go on,” he smiled vindictively, eyes alight with a cruel joy. “I am listening.”

Sora looked the man up and down as he spoke with Ikawa. His white hair tumbled right down his back, his slender - yet toned - body tattooed with a giant creeping vine; poison ivy. He wore no shoes, clawed toes poking out from the light, linen trousers that he wore.

“If you release Kairi,” Ikawa started, standing tall, “ya can have me. Do your worst. Take me back to Loki. Whatever ya want. Just don’t hurt her.” He seemed courageous, refusing to back down. Ivy purred a laugh as he looked down to Kairi. She did not look back, trembling as her eyes remained fixed at the ground.

“That is all I must do?” he smiled, rubbing his chiselled features with his free hand. “That sounds far too easy, my friend. Perhaps I could tweak this bargain slightly.” Ikawa frowned deeply, anticipating Ivy‘s venomous words.

“That’s crazy,” Sora whispered, so that Ikawa could hear. “We want Kairi back, but we don’t want to lose you in return!” Ikawa shook his head, giving a cocky smile.

“Don’t worry, Sora,” he grinned, looking back over his shoulder to reassure the man. “I know what he’s gonna say now. I’ll be okay.”

“Perhaps I could tempt you with a duel,” Ivy smirked, eyes narrowing into dark, swirling slits. “A fight to the death. If I win, I get the girl. And Sora. If you win, then, naturally, you may keep them.” Ikawa gave a smug nod, knowing that Ivy would have offered this.

“You got it,” he replied, sending a quiver of fear through Sora’s being. It was not that he doubted Ikawa, but more the fear of what might happen. If they lost Ikawa, not only would they be losing a friend; but they would be at a serious disadvantage within this labyrinth of a place. Sora was not sure he could stand by while the man fought to his death, and made a promise to himself - the very moment it looked like Ikawa was in trouble, he would step in.

Ivy gave a nod, and turned to Kairi. He lifted her dainty hand, kissing it with a courteous smile. She winced at his touch. Sora narrowed his eyes. The sooner he could fight Ivy, the better. No-one would touch Kairi and get away with it.

“This will not take long,” Ivy purred to her, standing upright. “I shall be back for you. And then, we shall talk.” He released his grip. Kairi tremulously made a start towards Sora, but her fear held her back slightly. Her movement was slow, at first, but noticing Ivy’s advance towards Ikawa, she ran to Sora’s side.

She felt a wave of relief wash over herself as she found Sora’s arms, burying herself as close to him as she could possibly get. Sora gladly wrapped his arms around her, running his hands over her crimson hair.

“Sorry I didn’t come after you,” he whispered, nuzzling his face into her neck. “We need to be careful around Ivy. Ikawa says he has lethal poison.” Kairi’s eyes widened as she absorbed the information. This didn’t sound good at all.

Ivy paced backwards slightly, giving himself more space. This room was huge; there was plenty of room for them to duel. Ikawa followed, and the others spread out, ominously anticipating the combat. Ikawa followed, a determined frown forming upon his face.

Not a moment passed, before Ivy lunged at him. Ikawa deftly dodged the onslaught, leaning back before throwing his weight forward in a single, well-aimed punch. His fist hit its target - pain swelling through Ivy’s face as the strike hit his cheek. Ikawa gave a cocky smile, standing a short distance back while Ivy recovered.

Undeterred, Ivy scowled, leaping forward, throwing himself down so that he landed on a single hand - before gracefully springing on it, towards Ikawa with an incredible force. As he moved through the air, he turned slightly, hurling his foot against Ikawa’s neck. Ikawa was strong, but Ivy was quick, and agile. His slender frame was a much more difficult target than Ikawa’s hulking form.

“Wow,” Sora whispered, eyes widening as he watched the acrobatics of this man. Fighting him seemed a daunting task - he could not believe Ikawa had chosen to do such a thing. He did not anticipate having to duel with Ivy himself - wincing as he watched Ikawa cry out in pain.

Ikawa, naturally, was thrown to the ground with the force, his neck pulsing with agony as the pain shattered through him. But he could not lie there to recover - Ivy came at him again, fists clenched as he readied another attack. Ikawa somehow summoned the strength to roll out of the way, dodging Ivy’s furious swipes. Quick-thinking, he swung his legs around, sending Ivy to the ground with an echoing thud. He did not waste a moment, pummelling Ivy’s face with everything that he had, prompting cries of frustration and agony.

Ivy struggled slightly, but his frantic swipes were getting him nowhere. With a particularly powerful punch, he was thrown back, so that he lay flat on the ground. He groaned in pain, but suddenly recognised this as his chance as Ikawa rose to his feet, looming tall over his crumpled body. Without hesitation, he placed his palms back over his shoulders - launching himself from the ground, feet first to meet Ikawa’s chest.

Winded, Ikawa stumbled back, his weighty body swaying from side to side as he clutched at his chest. Casting his eyes forward in a wince, he saw Ivy running again - and knew that this time, there was no defending himself. He closed his eyes, bracing himself for a nasty blow. Again, Ivy’s foot met Ikawa’s cheek - his clawed, razor-sharp toes leaving trails of blood down his skin.

“Argh!” Ikawa shouted, being flung back to strike the wall, pain shattering through his entire body. He fell forward, down onto his hands and knees, breathing heavily.

Thank god,” he thought to himself, seeing a spot of blood drip down to the wooden floor, “that was his foot. I’d have been dead if that were his hands.

Smearing the blood across his face with his hand, he struggled to his feet, his brow dripping with beads of sweat. He was becoming more exhausted with each movement - the pain pulsated through him now, the adrenaline unable to numb his body from such agony. He quivered slightly as he stood, but made every effort to hide this, not wanting to appear disadvantaged. Ivy laughed loudly, placing his clawed hands at his hips.

“It was unwise of you to accept my challenge,” he smiled, staying at the same spot. “Perhaps you should not have been so arrogant, Ikawa. You know you cannot beat me in battle.” Ikawa grunted, shaking his head.

“Shut up,” he growled angrily, refusing to let this man get the better of him. “Of course I can beat ya. This is just gettin’ started, Ivy. Ya haven’t even used any poison yet.”

“‘Yet’, being the operative word,” Ivy purred, grooming his sleek, white locks. He then cast his eyes to his clawed fingers, admiring their deadly points with a smile. “Of course, I could get around to using it, seeing as you have shown such a keen interest in being my next victim.”

Ikawa’s growl grew into a roar as he ran at Ivy, footsteps thundering towards him with incredible force. However, Ivy did not move from his spot - a confident line of action - and, as Ikawa was about to strike, he threw a fist forward. Ikawa fell back, body slamming against the ground.

Ivy smirked, looking down on Ikawa’s exhausted frame from above.

“So, Ikawa,” he smiled, “I never did ask why you betrayed us so.” He leaned down to look Ikawa in the eyes, feigning a wobbling lip. “It hurts so badly to see you against your own kind.”

“Ask Loki,” Ikawa grunted, shifting a shoulder as he prepared to throw a punch. He could not just lie there while Ivy loomed above him. It would be all over if he did not act. About to throw his fist, Ivy dropped to his side, holding his arms down to the floor. Now, Ikawa did not dare move. One move, and Ivy’s poison would be put to quick, lethal use - instead of using magic, his venom coursed through his veins, ready to flow through his clawed fingers.

“Continue,” Ivy growled, almost demanding an answer - and, quickly. Ikawa was only too kind to oblige, fearful of what Ivy might do.

“I failed a single mission,” Ikawa went on, beads of sweat running down his face, green eyes blazing with intensity - and, silent fear. “Loki decided to kick my ass for it. Badly. Why should I continue to serve someone that’s gonna beat me up if I set a foot outta line?” Ivy smirked, suddenly releasing his grip on Ikawa’s arms as he rose to his feet. He gave a superior smirk.

“You are just weak,” Ivy insisted, looking down with smouldering eyes. “We have all bore the brunt of his anger at some point or another. But we know it shall be worth it in the long run.” It seemed the man was entirely brainwashed. “Ikawa, you know what is promised for us. We are part of Loki’s plans, and shall be rewarded for all we have suffered, and endured in our efforts against the light.” He lifted his gaze, and scowled at Sora. “We will vanquish the light, believe me, Sora.”

“You’re wrong,” Sora shouted. “We’ll stop you!” Ivy smirked, placing his foot on Ikawa’s chest to stop his writhing.

“I’m sure you will,” he purred sarcastically. “I cannot wait to see Loki get his hands on you.” He eyed Sora’s body. “So frail. Without your Keyblade, you are a pitiless, worthless man. You are weak.” He laughed loudly, his cackle reverberating through the room. “And Loki shall crush you with his bare hands. You do know that he could break your neck with a twist of his arm?” Sora ignored these idle threats, believing in himself.

“He won’t get the chance!” he protested, standing forward. “I told you, we’re gonna stop him! We won’t let him get away with his plans!”

“I see,” Ivy purred sourly. He raised an eyebrow, as if to question Sora’s dedication to his cause. Ivy did not believe that Sora would win, not for a moment. “We will know soon enough, once I have won.”

“I won’t let you win!” Ikawa shouted at the top of his lungs. Suddenly, he felt a burst of strength. His anger had built with Ivy’s every word, and he was tired of the man’s blind arrogance. With a roar, he jumped to his feet, sending Ivy to the ground.

“So be it,” Ivy growled, looking up at Ikawa. “It is over, Ikawa.” There was to be no more dawdling. Ivy would have his way.

In an instant, he was back at his feet. Ikawa threw a few punches, but could not manage to land a hit. Ivy threw a punch at Ikawa’s face, sending him back slightly - before grasping his neck with a tight grip.

Ikawa struggled wildly, but, in his heart, he knew that there was no escaping his fate now. His feet scrambled frantically against the wooden floor, his green eyes narrowed with frustration as he found Ivy’s smirk, and his wild eyes.

“Perhaps you should have re-thought your alliance,” Ivy purred vindictively, tightening his crushing grip further and further. “This could have been avoided. You could have stood at our side as we ruled the universe.” He narrowed his eyes with a cruel smile, taking much delight from his writhing, and his agonised cries. “I suppose this was not to be.”

His grip became as tight as possible, and Ikawa gave a shout as he felt Ivy’s claws digging deeper, piercing his skin. That was it - and he was dropped to the ground like a lifeless rag doll. He could feel warm blood running down his skin, along with a strange, tingling sensation that began in his neck, running down towards each corner of his increasingly frail body.

“Don’t worry. Your death will be slow and painful. But you have an eternity of rest ahead, Ikawa.”

Hope you guys don’t kill me for this >.>; *cowers under blanket*

Sorry this was so late, but I think it’s the best chapter I’ve written in a long time -.-; I’ve been kinda iffy with the others, seeing as I had to write those in between studying and such. This took about two hours.

<3 <3

giuocob

Ooh...you killed Ikawa? Not possible! Oh well...the battle will continue in the next chapter, I presume? I can't wait for it!

IchigoNeko

Kill you? *I* won't, but... XD

Anyway, the chapter was awesome. Poor Ikawa. :(
Ivy is definetly interesting. How exactly does he release his venom? Does he have to pierce the person's skin, or...?

I

The Show Must Go On
O.O OH! THAT WAS SEXY! (well, the fact that Ikawa is probably dying isn't so sexy, but Ivy... yummy!) Can I be kidnapped next?! Please! No one has to come rescue me! :3

Ah, Snow-chan, once again you display to us how brilliant you are! *pachi pachi pachi pachi pachi* And I loved Ivy <333333333333333333 *fangirls*

Alright, alright, I'll put Loki back ;.; But in exchange, I want Ivy-chan :3 Muwahahahaha! *runs away from Sable*

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Thank you, giuocob. Yep, things will continue in the next one. I won't leave you hanging with something else. xD I know you'd all kill me for that.

Yeah, he has to pierce their skin. Think of it as being the same as a snake. Thanks a lot ~<3

Aww, but I worked it so that I could have Ivy, seeing as you had Loki... -.- Oh well. I guess that's fair xD *exchanges* Thanks a lot! I liked Ivy too, even though he was mean. >:3

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back