• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Yus, it's Snowdog again.

This time, it’s not a one-shot- it‘s a sequel. Even if you didn’t read KH:TFF, or Someday, things should be fairly easy to pick up. If you want to know what happened in those two, feel free to PM me or ask here. I can give you a quick run-down of what happened, or the links to the stories.

Now, on to business, as usual. I’ll be honest - I never really expected to be writing a sequel to KH:TFF, which is why I wrote ‘Someday’. But I suddenly felt like writing KH stuff, and I kept thinking that more could be done with my story, and I kept getting new ideas for a storyline. (What happened next, etc...) So I started writing, and this is what happened. :D

This takes place after Someday ends. And please, keep in mind, this is written as if KH2 never happened. So forget Roxas and Co, lol.

Enjoy. (And please, if the beginning isn’t your thing, don’t be put off. You’ll see what I mean…)

EDIT: I should probably mention that there'll be violence at some point or another.

Chapter One

“Baby Taiko,” he smiled softly, overwhelmed with feelings of such powerful love. His turquoise eyes beamed with joy as he held the little baby in his arms, watching him blissfully sleeping, all wrapped up in a soft, blue blanket. His little pink face peeked out of the blankets, little fingers grasping his father’s. Although just a few hours old, this baby was now everything to him. He was so tiny there, cradled safely in his proud father’s arms.

Strong sunlight streamed in through the small window, lighting the entire white room with a pure, heavenly glow. The walls seemed to shine in the bright light. Various pieces of medical machinery were dotted around the room, but apart from that, the room was quite empty. The hospital bed stood against one wall, with a white cabinet at one side and a pale blue chair at the other. A number of cards stood on the surfaces, and a big bunch of flowers was in a vase on the cabinet. The sterile smell of the hospital lingered in the air. Footsteps on cold tiles could be heard from outside, along with squeaking wheels and muffled voices. However, every so often, the golden silence would be allowed to fill the air in another perfect moment, and not a sound could be heard. Tearing his gaze from the sleeping baby, he watched her lying in bed, her eyes closed. She opened her eyes, somehow knowing he was watching. He stood at the foot of the bed, baby Taiko held closely as he gave her a smile.

Imari weakly smiled back at him, watching from the bed with deep, dark brown eyes. Soft curls of tawny hair fell over her pale, snowy skin. She was wrapped up in a pastel yellow dressing gown beneath the white blankets of the bed. Exhausted, it was clear from her face and weary movement that she needed her rest. Any woman in her condition did. She slowly propped herself up in the hospital bed as he approached her, a smile from ear to ear. He sat in the chair at her bedside, looked back at her with wide, loving eyes. Raising one hand, he caressed her flushed face.

“Why don’t you get some sleep?” he suggested, concerned at her drained complexion. He spoke quietly, fearful of waking the sleeping baby. “You need your rest.” She shook her head with a yawn, curls bouncing with each movement.

“No,” she whispered, with a smile. Her voice was pleasing to the ear, soft and gentle. “I’m sure I’ll be fine. Besides, they should be here soon.” She looked down at the baby, gently caressing his pink forehead with light fingers. His little snub nose wrinkled, his chubby, rosy cheeks warm to touch. He moved a little at her touch, but did not wake. A light, silvery sheen ran across his wispy, thin hair as he moved. Imari smiled again, looking back up at his beaming father. “Just like his daddy.”

Riku smiled warmly, sincerely kissing her forehead.

A lot had happened over those seven years, and now Riku felt as though he had somehow changed as a person. No longer was he so overly adventurous or competitive, nor arrogant and self-assured. He felt more able to talk of his emotions, able to share his thoughts with the ones who loved him most. In addition, an entire year of being alone gave him quite a lot of time to think of this. It made him more appreciative of those who cared about him, made him thankful for everything he had. It helped him find his inner light, helped him discover just who he really was. All that time to think made him realise just what he wanted. Now, as far as he was concerned, everything was perfect. He, Sora, and Kairi were home, safe together. The days of fighting and struggling against the Heartless were gone. Ansem was gone. Mikado was gone. The New Generation were gone. For good, he hoped. Nothing could tear him away from the ones he loved. Now together with Imari, and their baby, Taiko, life was wonderful again.

“He’s perfect,” Riku mused, looking back at her with a smile. Imari nodded, eyeing her son’s face carefully.

“He looks just like you,” she smiled at him, placing her hand over his. “He doesn’t look like me at all.” Riku suppressed a small laugh, looked back at her with that unchanging brazen grin.

“Good job, huh?” he smiled. She laughed too, knowing that he was just joking, as always. He kissed her again, before being interrupted by a knock at the door.

Both turned to see a nurse, stood in the doorway.

“Visitors,” she stated, stepping forward into the room, allowing the guests in before leaving.

Sora and Kairi had rushed over to the hospital after hearing the news of the baby’s birth. From Sora’s smart appearance, tamed hair, and full business suit, it was evident that he had been working yet again. Kairi had not been at work that day, and so was dressed in simple jeans and a pink t-shirt. She immediately hurried over, eager to see the baby. Sora closed the door, holding various presents for them in his arms. He softly followed Kairi over, leaving some of the presents at the foot of the bed.

“Congratulations,” she whispered to them, seeing the baby was asleep. She carefully moved the blanket to see the baby‘s face. An uncontrollable grin spread across her face. “He’s beautiful!” Sora put an arm around Kairi, smiling as he saw the baby too, noticing that he looked just like Riku. This proud father thanked them, carefully moving so that both could get a better look at him.

“His name is Taiko,” Riku beamed, so eager to show off his new son that Imari could not get a chance to speak. Not that she minded too much, she was exhausted. Sora smiled in remembrance of the baby’s namesake.

“After a certain someone we know?” Sora asked very quietly, trying not to let Imari hear his words. Riku had not told her of what had happened to them - after all, it would seem completely unbelievable to anyone who had not experienced it themselves. He did not regard it as a deep, dark secret, just something he felt he should keep to himself. It was not as though he did not trust her to know those things; he just felt it would be best if he kept it quiet. Besides, it was not as though she would believe him. He suppressed another laugh at Sora‘s question, smiling and nodding in response.

“Yup,” he replied. It was not long before his eyes wandered back to his baby’s face, ignoring all those around him. Imari smiled, knowing this would be her chance to talk to their friends.

“He looks so happy,” Kairi smiled back at her. Riku was oblivious to everything around him, his attention completely focused on Taiko. Imari smiled again, gazing at Riku before looking back to Kairi. “How are you?”

“Fine,” she replied, “just a little tired.” Kairi suddenly blushed, feeling slightly guilty at Imari’s response.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she quickly responded, scratching her neck nervously. “Sora and I can leave if you need to rest.” Sora nodded, not replying along with Kairi. Still, it was clear he was thinking the same as her. Imari chuckled, realising Kairi misunderstood.

“Of course not,” she shook her head, “you just got here.” She suddenly turned her attention, noticing Taiko wriggling in Riku’s arms. “I think he’s waking up.” She leaned over to look at his face, saw it contorting as he stretched. His tiny fingers grasped at the air, before finding his father’s hand. With a wide yawn, he opened his eyes, looking up at Riku’s growing smile. His eyes were a smoky, turquoise blue colour, wide and keen to see those around him.

“Hello there,” Riku said softly, gazing down at his face. Taiko took a moment to look at him, before staring around the white room. He examined the new faces, looking them up and down with a seemingly puzzled expression. He saw Sora’s smile, but Kairi, who squealed with delight at his tiny little face, stole his attention. Blinking, he looked around the room again, his eyes searching for his mother. Imari held her arms out, gestured for Riku to give her Taiko to hold. Taking the baby into her arms, she held him closely, gently holding his hand. She cooed at him, softly kissed his tiny hand. Noticing the time from the corner of her eye, she quickly looked back up at Riku.

“Maybe you should go get some food,” Imari suggested to him, his eyes still fixed on the baby cradled in her loving arms. “You haven’t eaten anything in hours, Riku.” He gave an absent-minded nod, reluctantly getting up.

“If you say so,” he smiled, stretching his arms out. “You coming, Sora?” He glanced down at his best friend, who gave a single nod, standing up next to him. “We won’t be long.” Riku waved goodbye to Imari and the baby, before wandering out into the hallway, followed by a listless Sora.

Making sure they had both gone before continuing, Imari looked at Kairi, who stared longingly at the doorway. After Imari and Riku met, she and Kairi built up a strong friendship. They trusted each other with almost everything.

“How is he?” she asked quietly. A tense atmosphere filled the air, along with an uneasy silence. Kairi sighed, slowly turning to look at her friend.

Sora just had not been himself for a few months now, and things had taken a serious turn for the worse recently. He disappeared after work, without telling anyone where he was. Terrified after returning home to find that he was not there, Kairi was sent into a panic. Sora had been depressed for months now, and his disappearance led her to fear the worst. After hours of searching the nearby towns with Riku, they found his car at the docks, and finally realised just where he had gone - Destiny Island. Rowing across was not easy in the darkness of the night, but they managed, desperate to know that Sora was alright. Finding him outside the Secret Place, they brought him home again safely.

But he still moped around, still not back to his normal, cheerful self. He often made trips alone to the island, but now they knew where to find him. To this day, she still had no idea why he had gone off like that, why he had felt such an urge to return to their childhood island. He just would not talk about how he was feeling, would not let anyone help him. It seemed nothing they could say would brighten his dreary spirits.

“Imari, you just had a baby,” she smiled weakly. “You shouldn’t be worrying about me and Sora.” Although Kairi was happy to have someone to talk to, she felt guilty about taking the attention from the hour-old baby in her arms. Imari shook her head, glancing down at Taiko, who had dropped off to sleep again.

“He’s fine,” she smiled back, carefully cradling him as he peacefully slept. She could tell from Kairi‘s mannerisms and expressions that her nerves were fraught with worry - her kind, caring nature could not let her leave Kairi to deal with this alone. “So how is Sora?” Kairi nodded, understanding Imari just wanted to help. She gingerly scratched her neck, the hurt beginning to fill her entire face.

“Well, just now was the happiest I‘ve seen him in a long time,” she sighed, moving up into the chair Riku was sitting in. Imari looked shocked.

“Really?” she whispered, looking Kairi in the eyes.

“Yeah,” she replied sadly. There were long pauses between her sentences. “And he still won’t see his doctor. He won’t talk about it either; he just mopes around the house, then disappears without warning.” She folded her arms tightly around herself. “If I’m being honest, I still don’t know what’s wrong with him.” She looked at her shoes, avoiding Imari’s eyes. It seemed Sora‘s depression made her even worse. “He won’t tell me.” Imari’s eyes widened, feeling a great deal of sympathy for her friend. She took a quick glance at little Taiko, making sure he was alright before continuing.

“I didn’t realise things were like that,” she whispered, fumbling around in the cabinet for a tissue as Kairi’s azure eyes began to stream with bottled tears. “Doesn’t he know what he’s doing to you?” She found a tissue, kindly handed it to Kairi.

“Please don’t tell him,” Kairi cried quietly, drying the tears that flowed from her eyes. “I don’t want him to worry about me, too.” Imari sighed.

“Kairi,” she began, “I’m sure he’d try to open up a little more if he knew how much this was hurting you. Just tell him.” Kairi looked back up at her with red glassy eyes, then looked back at the floor. “I think we both know Sora wouldn’t want you to be so upset over him. And I bet he knows you just want to help.”

“I know, but…” Kairi sighed. The room was silent for a few moments, as each was lost in thought. And Taiko, of course, was sound asleep. “I’ll try it. I just don’t know what I’ll do.”

She stopped abruptly as Sora and Riku returned, fearful of letting him hear her words. They explained that although the cafeteria was a short walk away, Riku had not been allowed to take any food back into the room, meaning that they had taken a lot longer than they first thought. Upon their return, Taiko awoke again, seeming happy to see his father again, and stayed awake for a few hours. The entire afternoon was spent in the hospital with Riku and Imari, but all too soon, visiting hours were over, and Kairi and Sora had to return home, leaving the new parents with their baby.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As Sora and Kairi travelled home, the sun was beginning to set. The orange sun sunk behind the mountains, but left its pastel marks in the vast skies, pink and blue as the first stars began to dot the great beyond. Wispy puffs of white cloud were tinted with a flossy pink glow. Shadows were long on the ground. Their street seemed sleepy already, deserted except for themselves. Kairi dreamily gazed out of the window, watched the houses rushing past as they drove. Then she caught sight of their own house, just up ahead. It was of average size, one of the smallest along their street.

Pulling up the driveway, Sora got out of the car before passively pacing over the front lawn. He stared up at the stars, breathing a long, pondering sigh. Kairi stood silently watching him, arms wrapped around herself. She could not help worrying about him as he stood there, just gazing up into the eternal heavens, without care. He suddenly turned to face her, silently handing her the door keys. She looked up at him with a smile, tried to make him smile too. She made an effort, trying to get make him feel a little better. But he avoided her eye contact, as usual. Sighing, she took them, turning and unlocking the door. Turning, she noticed him looking up again, clearly without any intention of going inside just yet.

“Are you coming, Sora?” she whispered, trying to hide her crumbling voice. She felt the warm tears filling her eyes, blinked them back as she awaited his response. It was getting too much to bear, and she was not sure just how much longer she could handle him. He nodded silently.

“Yeah, just…” he didn’t avert his gaze as he spoke. “Just give me a minute.” Kairi gave a single nod, gently touched his shoulder as she went inside alone.

The front door closed behind him, but it did not disrupt him much. He was too focused on the stars, standing beneath the skies. His face creased into a frown as he thought things over again. Unlike everyone else, he knew that there were other worlds out there. Somewhere in the endless universe, he liked to think someone else was there, watching him as he was watching them. He felt desperate, would do anything to travel the worlds again. Along with his friends, of course. But with each day that passed, it seemed less and less likely that he would ever see Donald and Goofy again. It was just something he had to accept - but no matter how hard he tried, he just could not accept the thought into his heart. He could not tell Kairi or Riku of this either. They seemed to have accepted their new lives here themselves, and he felt they would just ridicule him for his thoughts of adventure. Remembering Kairi was alone inside, he gave a sigh, before letting himself into the house.

Yes, the beginning is pretty different to other stuff I‘ve written. And might put people off reading this. But I mentioned Riku becoming a father in ‘Someday’, and it’s not exactly something I could just leave behind ^-^ That wouldn’t make sense, would it? Plus, Imari and baby Taiko play a part in the storyline later on ^_~ That’s all I’m saying for now!

General thoughts and comments would be nice, along with some criticism. Even if you don’t like it, please leave a comment. I don’t need hundreds of page views and only two posts. -.-;

Last edited:

Squall18

Great start to the story Snow, I can't wait to read more of it and see what's in store for Sora, Kairi and Riku.

I think it's really good and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.:thumbsup:

IchigoNeko

*GASP* YOU WROTE A SEQUEL AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!?!?!?!?

Ha ha. Anyway, it's a pretty good first chapter. It drags a little bit, but I think that'll be remedied in future chapters. You are still really good at describing things, but sometimes it goes a bit over-the-top--I skipped some parts because they were just describing.

How often will you update, snow (can I call you that)?

Oh, and you should probably brace yourself for the 2,000,000 questions that will follow soon XD. I don't have any...yet. *evil glint*

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey IchigoNeko! And of course you can call me snow.

I know, the chapters I've been writing (only four of them so far XD) have to be pretty descriptive and stuff. Once I've described something properly once, it means I don't have to do it again! Familiarising, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad you read it, and liked it. And I'm ready for the questioning, lol!

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Hiiiii agaiin. Well, this is the last comment till Monday, cause I'll be gone, but I'm still here.

Um...Will this be an adventure like TFF, or will it be more "closer to home"?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
The beginning is close to home. (Well, obviously so far.) Just like last time, the very beginning will take a little while - setting up the situation, getting to know new characters etc etc... Like I said, once I describe things once, things can get going properly. Yay! ^-^

And yes, they'll be going further afield. But that's all I'm saying. ^_~

Some of the main conflicts are 'closer to home', if you get what I mean. But there's a healthy balance going on... Drama and action, I guess. XD

Anyway, I'll post chapter two soon. Well, as soon as people stop looking and leaving. Gurr -.-;

<3 <3

.:Mega:.

Awards
=O Sequel! Yay! XD Anyway, nice start, I must say. Riku's a daddy now, eh? Interesting, I must say. Well, I'm looking forward to future chapters! ^^

~Mega

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Heh, thanks .:Mega:. I mentioned it in Someday, so I figured it would be a nice starting point. Although I find it hard to picture him with a baby. ^-^

I'll post the next chapter tomorrow. Or the day after.

(Btw, I read most of your fanfic. Awesome! ^-^)

<3 <3

Awards
Hey, I'm sure even Riku could be a father if he tried. XD Plus, it's nice to see him with a kid, since most fanfics either have him single...or with -shudder- Sora. o_O;

And, thanks about my fanfic. ^^ I have an update planned hopefully for tonight or tomorrow.

~Mega

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
I luv it! It's so good! Poor Sora and Kairi are depressed...wow...Riku is a daddy?! O_O

This is great, your stories rock. :thumbup:

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
Man...just wow...Sora Depressed...o<OThats a first..but i can see his point..i would like to be with goofy <333

But nice start and the baby is cute ><

Snow awsome job as always <333

Ps do you have a Fan Fic.net account i have a new story on there..and yeah =D

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey.

No I don't, sorasheart. Sorry ^-^;

And thanks for the great comments, everyone. It's great to speak to you all again! ^-^

I won't blab on too much, I'll just post the chapter. ^-^

Chapter Two

Sora slowly trudged through the hollow hallway, heard his heavy footsteps echoing through the silent air. He peered into each open doorway as he went, looking for her. Leaning into the doorway of the living room, he gave a weak smile as he eyed his favourite photograph. He heard a sudden noise, stopped dead. Muffled by distance, his senses told him it was coming from the kitchen, whatever it was. Quickening his pace, he found the half-open door, lit by the glow of a light. The noise grew louder as he neared the kitchen, and he prepared himself for what he might find.

But as he reached the door, his heart became leaden with hot, uncomfortable guilt as he found just what the noise was. It was sobbing. She was sobbing. Gently pushing the door open with one hand, he gingerly entered the room.

The kitchen was of medium size, with light wooden floors, and cornflower blue walls. The benches were lightly coloured wood too, and the cabinets were painted white. The table stood at the centre of the room. Kairi was hunched over in a seat, sobbing into her arms, leaning on the table. She did not notice his presence, did not even look up as he came into the room. Troubled to see her so distraught, he approached her, pulling up a chair to sit by her. She jumped up as the chair squeaked against the floor. Startled, she quickly rubbed her eyes, tried to hide her tears. But it was too late.

“What’s wrong?” Sora whispered, a concerned tone evident in his quiet voice. She avoided his fretful gaze, replied with stuttering, mumbled words.

“I could ask you the same question,” she responded, sniffing, resting her elbows on the table. She held her head in her hands, her eyes staring downwards. Sora felt the guilt come rushing up again, sighed to himself. The following silence was tense, broken up by Kairi’s sniffs. Sora looked at the floor, then back at Kairi.

“Come on, Kairi,” he whispered again, quietly frustrated, “won’t you tell me?” Kairi looked back up at him, her eyes red and sore.

“That’s just it, Sora,” she replied, deciding to open up to him, “I want to ask you the same thing. You just mope around, then disappear without any warning. You won’t even tell me what’s wrong with you.” Feeling guilty at her words, he breathed a despairing sigh, pushed back in his chair, as if to leave. Kairi grabbed his arm before he could stand, her eyes filling with more tears, her anxiety showing in her entire face. “You see?! Please, don’t just walk away - ”

Pulling away from her grasp, unable to tell her how he felt, he paced towards the kitchen door. He just had to get out of there, could not face what he had unwittingly done to her. Until now, he had no idea of how worried she was about him, had no idea just how much this was hurting her, too. And now, knowing her true feelings, the guilt was swallowing him up.

“I’ll be back later,” Sora sighed. “I’m sorry.” He hid the guilt he felt inside, knowing she was right. It was not that he did not want to talk to her. In truth, he really did want her to know what was wrong, but thought she may not share his view, and so fail to understand how he felt. So he stayed quiet, out into the hallway. Kairi stood up at the table, her head in her hands.

“I love you, Sora,” she whispered desperately to herself, the tears flowing fast down her face. “All I want to do is help you, why can’t you see that?”

Hearing her words, Sora stopped walking away, stood still in the hallway. She was opening up to him, making such an effort to help him - just as she had been for months, ever since she noticed something was wrong with him. He leaned against the wall, slumped down onto the cold, wooden floor. How could he have been so selfish, putting her through all this turmoil worrying about him? True, he had been filled with feelings of despair, desperate for a more meaningful life, but he did not want Kairi to suffer due to his feelings.

He looked up at her, gestured for her to sit by him on the floor. Shrunken and small, childlike standing before him, she reached out to take his hand as she approached him. Taking her hand with a warm touch, holding it tightly in his own, huge hand, he gently pulled her closer. He took her into his strong arms, truly embracing her for the first time in months. They sat together in silence, tightly holding each other as if they had been apart for a lifetime.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, his face buried in her shoulder, her hair softly caressing his face. He felt his crystalline eyes filling with tears, couldn’t stop them tumbling down his pale cheeks. “I shouldn’t have kept everything from you, Kai.” Pulling away so he could see her face, he gently caressed her soft skin, wiping away her silver tears. Smiling at his touch, she graciously accepted his efforts, knowing he did not intend to hurt her at all.

“It’s alright,” she whispered back, gazing into his eyes. Although he had opened up to her, the pain still remained in his eyes, much to her despair. Taking a deep breath, putting one hand over his, she tried again, one last time. “What’s the matter, Sora?” Blinking, he avoided her gaze, torn between emotions. Despite feeling more willing to discuss his thoughts, he still felt a sense of apprehension - he feared she would take his feelings to heart, misunderstanding what he meant. Yet, telling her would give him the chance to explain himself, unlike staying silent. Slowly, his eyes found hers again.

“Kai,” he began, breathing a sigh to compose himself, “remember everything that happened when we were younger?” Her face seemed to be stuck between emotions at this point, in limbo between happiness and sadness. Nodding, she awaited what he would say next. “Do you ever wish that things would be… like that again?” Her expression turned to one of confusion, eyes narrowed in scepticism.

“What do you mean?” her words were preceded by a lengthy pause. “Like, being with Donald and Goofy?” Sora scratched his head.

“Kinda,” he replied, trying to find words to express his feelings. Then a thought occurred to him. She might not truly understand just what he meant. “I guess you didn’t get to experience what I mean…” Kairi played with the buttons on his shirt, looking up into his eyes.

“Sora, what are you talking about?” she asked, watching his changing expression.

“Well, while I was searching for you and Riku,” he explained, “it took me to a lot of different worlds. I met a whole lot of new people, and I got to explore all these places I couldn’t even imagine.” He spoke from the heart, expressing a certain love. “And it was always so much fun, y’know?” Kairi looked doubtful.

“But… back then, we were all separated,” she replied, “you were having fun then?” Sora held his hands up, shaking his head.

“No, that’s not what I mean,” he quickly corrected her. He tried to think of an example that she could relate with. Then, one sprung to mind. “Foris!” She nodded, remembering this green, leafy world. It was so beautiful out there, a tiny, wonderful world where Taiko and his family lived together. “Remember how me, you and Riku went from Square-One to Foris?” She nodded again. “Well, when I was out with Donald and Goofy, it was just like that. Discovering all these new places, meeting new people…” He looked saddened at this point, looking at the opposite wall. “It just makes all this…” Gesturing with wide arms, his eyes directed to the floor, he sighed.

“Makes all this…?” she repeated his last words, hoping he would elaborate. It didn’t make much sense.

“It makes this seem…” he breathed, silently wishing she would not take his words the wrong way, “well, meaningless.” He closed his eyes, seeing her nose wrinkling at his revelation. “Kai, please don’t think I mean us. It’s not us, I swear.” Hearing footsteps, he opened his eyes. Kairi had wandered off down the hallway, leaning on the white doorframe of the living room. “Hear me out, Kairi. You wanted me to tell you.” She looked at him, her eyes glassy and light in the dark room. “It’s just that…” She interrupted him.

“You’re bored?” she suggested, still looking at him. “You want to be out there fighting?”

“Kairi,” he sighed, “you know I don’t want to be fighting.” She tilted her head to one side.

“Then you’re just bored?” she replied, feeling a little hurt. She had misunderstood his meaning, just as he’d thought she would.

“No…” he began. Then he stopped. “Well… yeah. But not how you’re thinking.” He stood up too, slowly approaching her. Her arms were folded tightly across her chest. The luminescence from the moonlight lit her petite features with a milky glow, against the intense, bleak darkness in the hallway.

“Then how do you mean it?” she whispered, her voice soft as the gentle glow on her face.

“I told you, not with us,” he replied, standing before her at the opposite side of the doorframe. “You have to understand that.” The sincerity in his voice forced her to believe this, and so she nodded, listening to what he had to say. “It’s just… we know there are other worlds out there, just asking to be explored. And I saved them all. Twice.” Kairi nodded slowly. “Now, when I think about all that happened, I feel… pointless.” She narrowed her eyes at him, unsure of what he meant.

“Pointless?” she repeated. He scratched his neck.

“For lack of a better word,” he responded, raising a weak smile. “Like… like I could be doing so much more, y’know?”

“Like what?” she replied. “The Darkness is gone, Sora. You defeated it. Even if you could get back out there, then there’s nothing for you to do.” Sora shrugged.

“To be honest, Kai,” he sighed, “I know there’s nothing for me to do out there. It’s just that when I think about all that I did back then, it makes what I’m doing now seem kinda insignificant. I go out to work, come back, then go out to work again. I want to do more.” He spoke with passion, meaning each word he said. He paced forward, standing in the living room. It was dark outside, but bright moonlight streamed in through the window. “I want… adventure. I want to see the King, Donald and Goofy again, I want to know how Taiko and his family are.” Slowly stepping towards the window, pressing his spread hand against the cold windowpane, he breathed a sigh. “But I’ll never know.” He felt a sudden, warm touch on his shoulder.

“When you put it like that,” she began, trying to empathise with him, “I want to know all that, too. And I wish I’d seen some more worlds.” Empathising with him, now that his feelings were out in the open, she took his hand, leading him over to the sofa. She sat him down, before sitting next to him. “But I guess you’re right. There’s no chance of you knowing, Sora, as much as I hate to admit it. I guess you‘ll just have to accept it.” He sighed, throwing his head back into the cushions.

“Believe me, I’ve tried,” he whispered. “It’s the first thing I tell myself every morning. And the thing is, it never works.” Kairi stayed quiet for a few moments.

“Maybe you should talk to Riku about this,” she mused, rubbing her chin in thought. “I mean, he’d understand about this a little better than me. He got to explore some of the worlds too. Maybe he kinda feels the same way as you.” Sora shook his head.

“I doubt it,” he sighed despairingly. “And even if he did feel the same way as I do, he probably doesn’t anymore. He has little Taiko to think about now. He wouldn’t want to be out adventuring anytime soon.” Kairi shrugged.

“Yeah, but he’ll know just how you feel,” she replied, “he might be able to help you stop thinking all that.” Sora shrugged.

Part of him wanted to give all these thoughts up, forget what had happened and resign himself to a normal life. Yet, another part of him refused. He refused to let go of his dreams, refused to let go of his experiences. He retained the hope that one day, they would be back. They would return in the ship, take them all off into the universe, go wherever they pleased. Sitting in the dark silence, he thought of this. It remained silent for a few minutes, until Kairi broke the silence.

“Sora,” she whispered, apprehensive at breaking the silence, “why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Sora snapped out of his trancelike state, looked at her face again.

“I guess I was just afraid you’d think I was being childish,” he sighed, after momentary thought. “I thought you’d take everything the wrong way.” Kairi blushed, as he was right. At times, she had felt hurt by his words. “And I’m not too sure on exactly how I’m feeling right now. I thought I might mess things up when I was telling you, or not make things clear on what I meant.” Kairi nodded.

“Well I know what you mean now,” she replied, moving closer to him, snuggling into his side. “And I know how you feel. You won’t keep anything from me anymore, right?” She hoped he wouldn’t, unable to cope with any more uncertainty. Sora put his arms around her, held her warmly in his tight, loving grasp.

“No,” he smiled quietly. “I promise. Thanks, Kai.”

Yes, the mushy stuff. It’s Sora and Kairi, people. (Not Sora x Riku, .:Mega:.! XD) Can’t have a ‘confession’ scene between these two without some love. (One thing I’d like to mention - It’s not entirely a romance fic. Although there‘s quite a bit of it in here.)

C&C is always appreciated, let me know what you guys think!

<3 <3

Awards
THANK GOODNESS it's not Sora and Riku. =P That would make me sad. ;-; XD Anyway, nice update. Looks like Sora finally let things out of the bag.

Btw, I added the new chapter of my ficcy. =D

~Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back