• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler Durden

wow. I read some chapters I missed, and it was kind of upsetting.

Especially with Ikawa; why did his life have to be so sad? I thought people were supposed to be HAPPY when their lives flashed before them.

That was really depressing.

T

Tyler Durden

But still. The guy just sacrificed himself for Sora and them. Wasn't that sad enough?

Oh well. No use crying over dead, poinsoned, depressing characters I guess.

I

The Show Must Go On
His heart palpitated as he looked to Riku, chest heaving.

OhMyLoki, Snow, something about that made me giggle like mad. I'm sorry, it just did.

The chappie was teh epic. I squee'd. I gasped. I laughed insanely. And I got scared. All in the appropriate places, of course.

LOKI'S GONNA PWN!

See, my sign's better than Liv's. Hah.

...snow-dono, do you own at everything you try? It seems suspiciously so... Anyway, I still in deprivation without a new chappy! Please help meeeeee.....

EDIT: Deprivation has been averted. Many thanks.

Do you realize you just called Snow a man? -dono = mister, and also, you would only use it were you adressing an envelope! Such insolence! I dare you to try to say I'm wrong. Go ahead, make my day. *Mikado growl*

*pokes DK* No being lazy. Joo gotta look for the chapters like all the rest of us.

Snowy! *huggle*

Zceith

Do you realize you just called Snow a man? -dono = mister, and also, you would only use it were you adressing an envelope! Such insolence! I dare you to try to say I'm wrong. Go ahead, make my day. *Mikado growl*

Gyagggghhhhh!!!!! Such ignorance I have!!!! My humblest apologies!!! I way unaware that dono was gender specific! *frantic bows and oros* I merely was attempting to address snow-sama with the right amount of respect. Also I believe that the actual usage was dono=My lord, but it has probably changed over time. *points at self* READS TOO MUCH RUROKEN

please don't eat me... I don't digest well... I get such half way through th large intestine. *relives horrifying expirience with a t-rex*

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Lol, thanks Oathy.

Apologies for teh lateness. Get cho' tissues.

Chapter Seventy-Three

“I’m sure it said Kali,” Sora whispered to Riku. King Mickey shrugged slightly.

“Whether it did or not, we need to keep going,” he insisted, pushing Sora forward a little. “Come on, fellas.”

The centre door was chosen, of the three; and, as expected, it led into yet another grand-looking, albeit dimly lit corridor. Kairi sighed, bored of this continuous scenery. The place didn’t even have windows to look out of. It was not as though she anticipated meeting with another member - quite the opposite was true - but this mansion was huge, and already, it seemed they had been walking for hours. Their footsteps did not echo so much this time, thanks to a long carpet runner that lay right along the hallway; although, the inadequate lighting gave no help in determining the colour of it.

Unexpectedly, turning a corner, they found another door, only minutes after going through the last. Usually, these corridors were seemingly endless. Courageously stepping forward to push the white door open, Sora led them all forward.

He squinted slightly as the room was revealed to them. The walls, and tiled floor were of a bright, almost blinding white, sending a glare of reflected light into their eyes. The room was not too bright, in reality, their sensation of being blinded came merely from the sudden change in lighting. Sora held up a hand to shield his eyes, taking a long look around the room.

A short staircase from the doorway led down onto the cold, tiled floor. The room was gigantic, and lavishly decorated. Riku suspected that this was once a ballroom, given the wide floor space, the intricate white carvings in the wall, and the giant, elaborate crystal chandelier hanging beautifully from the painted ceiling. Riku narrowed his eyes as he looked up to it. After a few moments, he smiled, letting his arm point up towards it. Following his line of sight, the others tilted their heads, too. Oddly enough, upon close, squinted inspection, there seemed to be images upon the white, flat ceiling. Sure enough, in hints of blue, and grey, there was a mural, depicting angels, strangely.

“Angels?” Sora whispered softly, slightly sceptical. “In a place like this?” Kairi shrugged gently, as did Riku.

“You’re forgetting,” he mumbled, “they probably stole this place. I doubt they built it for themselves.” Sora smiled, putting his hands in his pockets as he tilted his head, blue eyes wandering the ceiling.

“Still,” he continued, “it’s so - ”

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” a voice purred, finishing Sora‘s sentence. Jolting a surprise from them, all looked down, searching for the source of the voice. It did not take them long; a slender, black figure stood out against the flooding white aura of the room.

Sora frowned, summoning the Keyblade.

The figure chuckled to itself, folding its arms as it eyed Sora’s every movement.

“Who are you?” Sora asked, quickly moving down the steps to meet the ground. He watched the figure begin to pace around a little.

Although there was still quite a distance between them, Sora could make out a few distinguishing features. It appeared to be male, but, of a very, very short stature. He was, perhaps, even smaller than Kairi, or Imari. Bright blue eyes watched Sora as he stood, slightly overlapped by a white fringe. The white wisps continued up over his head, falling to his shoulders in a soft flow. His hair appeared somewhat fluffy; cut into many different lengths, the wispy layers blending together to give the impression of soft, cloud-like hair. His slender body was draped in a large, black t-shirt, with a v-neck that led halfway down his chest. His white arms poked out of them, thin, and bony. Along with this, he wore long, loose trousers, without shoes. His white, stubby toes poked from the trouser legs. It seemed many of these people preferred not to wear them. Unfortunately, Sora couldn’t make out much else.

“I asked you, who are you?” Sora repeated, raising his voice a little. He held the Keyblade tightly, ready for any eventuality. Although the man was unresponsive as yet, Sora could not ignore the fact that he could strike at any moment. The figure emitted a small laugh.

“Call me Koma,” he smiled within a languid tone, letting his weighty arms drop to his sides. Peering around Sora, he noticed the little group gathered there, up beside the door. Bemused, he raised an eyebrow. “Looks like you brought a tour group. You know, this isn’t a tourist spot.” Sora frowned a little, unsure of how to respond. The man seemed bizarre, to say the least. “Now then, Sora. What are you doing in our mansion?”

“I’m here to stop Loki,” he replied proudly, unwilling to let them stand in his way, “and all of the New Generation.” Koma blinked, rubbing his eye, as if an exhausted gesture.

“It would appear I am one of them,” he stated softly. If Sora didn’t know any better, he’d assume the man was bewildered; perhaps slightly confused. “But… why? Why are you so opposed to us?” Looking over his shoulder, he saw Riku making his way down the steps; and from the look on his face, it was clear that he, too, doubted Koma. The man seemed eerily unpredictable.

“Because you’re gonna make innocent people suffer!” Sora replied. “Just to get what you want. We can’t stand by and watch as you open the door to Kingdom Hearts again. Don’t you guys care that you’re going to kill hundreds, or thousands of people?” Koma smirked slightly.

“Death isn‘t that bad,” he purred, beginning to pace towards Sora. His movements were unexpectedly sullen as he moved. “Think of it as a eternal sleep.” Sora frowned, letting his free hand find the Keyblade as Koma edged further. He could not help feeling that his lethargy was merely a guise. Koma’s face was coming into clarity now, with each step forward.

His face was bizarre, to say the least. While it was obvious that he was a man of considerable age, he had large, rounded eyes, and snub features, that would suggest that he was merely a boy. That, and his face was tinged with exhaustion. Never before had they seen anyone so tired. His eyes were ringed with bleak, black circles, his face a pasty, sickly-looking shade.

“What about the people they leave behind?” Sora said quietly, eying his features. “Think about how badly they’ll feel when their loved ones are gone.” Koma shrugged, his movements almost suggesting that his bony shoulders were too heavy to lift.

“All the more reason for us to achieve our goal,” he murmured. Sora raised a sceptical eyebrow, grounding his weight. “If we kill many people, the majority of families and friends shall all die together. They could spend eternity together, at peace. No pain. No suffering. Would you really deny them a simple, painless death, to let some outlive the ones they love?” There was a slight logic to his weary words. Sora frowned.

“Don’t try to justify it,” he retorted. “It’s mass murder. What gives the New Generation the right to decide when people should die?” Koma smirked.

“We’ll be the most powerful force in the universe,” he said, but between his words, a yawn escaped his lips. He wearily raised an outstretched hand to cover his mouth. “It is not as though there will be anyone to tell us we cannot do so.” Riku folded his arms, stood a short distance behind Sora.

“What about Sora?” he called. Koma looked up, rubbing one eye as he noticed Riku.

“He’ll be dead soon enough,” Koma insisted dozily. “And then there will be no-one to stop us.” He smiled sleepily. “The moment your cold, lifeless body hit’s the ground, Loki’s plan will be put into action.”

“That’s never gonna happen,” Sora smiled confidently. “The darkness can’t win.” Koma gave a yawned smile, fluttering his bleary-eyed gaze as he did so.

“If you insist,” he mumbled, letting his fingers sink into his pockets. “I suppose you’ll want to fight.” Riku hid a disbelieving laugh, before struggling to keep a smile from his bewildered face. Koma frowned deeply at his amusement, raising an eyebrow at him, a disgusted look upon his lips. Sora elbowed Riku to shut him up, although it was clear from the man‘s pursed lips that he, too, found this rather amusing. “What is so funny?” Riku smiled slightly, eyes lit with a playful glimmer.

“It’s just…” he said, holding his hands up, “you seem completely exhausted.” Koma closed his eyes, giving a nod. Something in the atmosphere seemed to darken, tension crackling through the air. Kairi took a deep breath, beginning to wander down the steps. Something was drawing her closer to Sora, but she moved slowly, fearful of being caught in the fray.

“Maybe I am,” he shrugged, removing his hands from his pockets. He opened his eyes, furrowing his brow. “And maybe you’re being too assuming for your own good.” Riku seemed confused at this point. Koma seemed to be playing mind games with them.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he frowned at the cryptic statement. Koma smiled, pleased to see his ploy had worked.

“Well, you’re assuming I am too exhausted to fight,” he replied, rubbing his eyes. Riku gave an apprehensive nod. He wasn’t sure where Koma was going with this. “You are wrong.” He took a heavy step backwards, bowing his head. Sora raised the Keyblade again; he sensed that something was happening. The ominous buzz in the air told him to stay on his guard. Kairi felt the tremors in the atmosphere, moving further and further down the steps, until she was almost at the floor/

Koma looked up at them again, tilting his head upwards. Sora gasped, seeing the black shimmer within his previously azure stare. Koma seemed to quiver slightly as he focused his gaze, clenching his fists. His frail chest heaved as he stood there, and he gasped for breath as he did so. Sora took a step back, grabbing Riku’s shoulder as he moved away; he knew that Koma was up to something.

Between exhausted gasps, Koma shuddered as he attempted to speak. He lifted a leaden arm.

“Riku,” he gasped, his bleak gaze darting to the man, then away again, “you were dead wrong.”

At that moment, Koma’s eyes alit with an eerie white glow, his body surrounded with a faint aura, fading from pale white, to deep black in unison with his gasped breaths. He then narrowed his gaze, giving a loud, unexpected shout as he threw his second arm forwards. Throwing a strange, electrifying beam of energy through the ominous air, Sora and Riku dropped to the ground, dodging the ray completely.

It missed them, but hit another target. Kairi.

Stood on the stairs, she’d unwittingly been right in the ray’s trajectory. Ironically, trying to keep far away from the battle had put her more in the firing line; if she’d have been standing on the floor, she’d have been so small that the ray would have shot above her head - and, unfortunately, being three steps up, she was a perfect target.

Sora leapt to his feet, still facing Koma as he stood - it was only when he saw the twisted, satisfied grin on Koma’s exhausted face that his stomach sank with dread. He wouldn’t be that happy for no reason. Turning to look over his shoulder, his eyes widened, his chest shuddering with fear. Each heartbeat sent an agonising tremor through his body. Kairi’s body swayed, before her knees gave in, sending her frail form tumbling down to the ground, collapsing in a heap.

Everything seemed to be going so slowly, the frantic shouts and voices swirling around him in a howling, resonant cacophony, the only clear sound being the thunderous booms of his convulsing heart. Keyblade gone from his shaking, clammy hands, Koma’s threat gone from his mind, he raced to Kairi’s side, scrambling over the white, polished floor. Numbed with terror, he could not feel a thing, not even the severe pain as he fell to his knees. He could not even hear his own shouts clearly, his voice quaking with heart wrenching desperation as her name escaped his shaking lips.

Eyes closed tightly, Kairi lay there, body crumpled as Sora grabbed her. He’d give anything to see the crystal blue of her eyes, panic overtaking his entire body. Kneeling on the cold floor, knees aching with impact, he hoisted her up into his lap, trying all he could think of to wake her. Throwing his gloves to one side, he placed his clammy palms over her cheeks, feeling the warmth leaving her body. Frustrated, he shook her by the shoulders, trying to wake her up, begging with her, pleading for her to open her eyes. His efforts held no purpose, as she did not respond, body limp in his hands. Sora whimpered, wishing for her to wake up. The others tried to calm him, but nothing would help him. Nothing would help until he knew what had happened to her. Nothing would help until she was alright.

Suddenly, everything came rushing back to him, the sound of the others around him, the pain of his knees, remembering the threat of Koma. Furious, his eyes now bleary at the uncertainty, Sora looked over his shoulder at the arrogant, callous individual.

“What did you to do her?” he mumbled, words merging into a pained murmur. He closed his eyes, raising his voice as he demanded for an answer. “What did you do to her?!” Koma smiled. He had not moved from his spot.

“Nothing,” he said sarcastically, throwing a cruel smirk in Riku’s direction. “I am too tired to battle, after all.” Riku roared at him, readying himself to attack. While Sora was aching with heartbreak, he trembled with hurt rage, blazing with anger at Koma.

“You should have taken it out on me,” Riku growled. Koma gave a self-satisfied smirk.

“Well, I did try that,” he yawned. “I was not to know that you two would dodge my attack. Although, even though I missed my targets, I’d say that went pretty well.” He folded his arms. “You only have yourselves to blame.”

“Don’t turn this around to make us look guilty, you fu - ” he began in a roar, before being interrupted.

“Stop it, Riku!” King Mickey shouted, brow furrowed. “That’s not gonna help her, is it?” Standing at Sora’s side, trying to calm the man down, he signalled for Riku to join them. Sora did not notice, his desperate, teary eyes fixed firm upon her closed gaze.

“Kairi!” Sora shouted, raising his voice as loud as he possibly could. She had to hear him, she just had to. “Kairi!”

No response. He felt a tear escape his eye, shaking his head as he looked at her. Even his breaths quivered with agony as he knelt there, cradling her there in his arms. Watching them, Riku felt his stomach sinking. Glaring at Koma, he burned with pained rage. Kairi was like a little sister to him - and there was no way he could stand at the side while Koma laughed off their pain. He did not know what Koma had done, but he would pay for his actions. His heart ached as he stood there, gaze furrowed deeper than ever before, with his furious fists curled tightly at his sides.

“What the hell have you done?!” he roared at Koma, his shout resonating towards him. Not reacting to the shout, Koma shrugged heavily. He’d tell them. It was not as though they could do anything to help the girl.

“She’s comatose,” Koma stated simply, rubbing his tired eyes. “There’s nothing you can do for her. She might wake up. Hopefully she won’t.” Riku burst forth with anger, throwing himself at Koma - landing a heavy punch before the man could react. Koma was sent backwards, skidding along the ground.

“Get the hell out of here,” Riku growled, his voice shaking violent with an understandable mix of rage and agony. “You’re seriously gonna get it soon. Don’t think we’re leaving.” Koma smiled, even with the ache in his cheekbone. Getting punched was worth it, just to see the pain he’d inflicted. Oh, Loki would be amused.

“As you wish,” he yawned, standing up. Dusting himself down with heavy motions, he then slowly cast a portal. “See you soon.”

Riku did not watch Koma leave, desperately fleeing back to join the group. He had to help. Frantic, Sora sat quivering on the floor, Kairi lifeless in his arms, while the others stood around, further back.

“Come on, Kairi,” Sora forced his cheerful tone, trying his hardest to smile at her. His trembling fingers moved strands of hair from her face. Biting his lip, trying not to lose his head, he tried again, holding back his cries. “Wake up, please!”

Sorry the chapter’s a little on the short side. I’ve been busy over the past few days =3 Sorry <3

<3 <3

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I thought I posted on the last chapter, but, I'll post again.

Anyway, 10/10. fantastic.

Also, I finally caught up completely. It only took about 3 months, but I managed.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Granted, it took more times sorting through what was what, but, it was worth it, since it is a great fic.

I didn't read everyday, though. Only one or two chapters per day, at most.

T

Tyler Durden

Is Kairi dead?

And nice to name the guy 'Koma' and make him very sleepy and lethargic. Kind of on the punny side, but I like this chapter.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I can't answer that.

And yes. EVERY character name in my fic, other than Sora, Kairi and the like, have names relating to their personality and such. =D

Imari? The name of a fine china. Very delicate.
Loki? Viking god; the handsome embodiment of evil.
Sable? Black. =D

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back