• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
lots of people are saying that it was confirmed that kairi is sora's love interest. is that true?
Nomura definitely making it canon, but in my opinion they could handle the love interest stuff a bit better, although that’s kind of hard to do when Nomura is determined to give Kairi as little a role as possible and have Sora and Kairi barely interact with each other, I think Re:Mind is the most time Sora and Kairi have actually spent together throughout the entire series.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Nomura definitely making it canon, but in my opinion they could handle the love interest stuff a bit better, although that’s kind of hard to do when Nomura is determined to give Kairi as little a role as possible and have Sora and Kairi barely interact with each other, I think Re:Mind is the most time Sora and Kairi have actually spent together throughout the entire series.
i agree. lets hope the next game has more interaction and talk about their relationship. people are saying when sora saved kairi that when they were helping people and hanging out in many places, that they are dating already. lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
it concerns me that hayner said its been 3 months since sora seen him and the gang but HOW THA FAQ do u get a old 1980's camera and 3 months later you get a FAQING QR code and knows what a FAQING smartphone is?!?!
I mean you can still get poloroid cameras. Just because we didn't see super current tech last time doesnt mean it didn't exist. Obviously Twilight Town had conputers and such given Pences familarity with them, so the town was always meant to be modernesque.

What I feel is more unbelievable is how the Bistro building was built in just a few weeks. Like I've never seen an old building get knocked down and a new one put up in the matter of 2 to 3 months that look like the Bistro.

WaltK

Awards
It never occurred to me before, but the storyline of Halloween/Christmas Town gives us a rough idea of how much time passed during the events of KH2.

Assuming all worlds have the same passage of time, the game begins around August/September and ends in at least January.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It never occurred to me before, but the storyline of Halloween/Christmas Town gives us a rough idea of how much time passed during the events of KH2.

Assuming all worlds have the same passage of time, the game begins around August/September and ends in at least January.
The games have been rather inconsistent in how in sync the time flow between worlds is. In KH2 a year had past in most worlds from the events in 1. On the other hand in most Worlds 10 year pasted between BBS and KH1, while on Olympus only 2 or 4 years seem to have passed seeing Herc recently turned 18 in KH3, while being in his mid-teens in BBS.

Still that's a nice catch. The events of the games always did seem like they'd probably take place over a few weeks to months.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I mean you can still get poloroid cameras. Just because we didn't see super current tech last time doesnt mean it didn't exist. Obviously Twilight Town had conputers and such given Pences familarity with them, so the town was always meant to be modernesque.

What I feel is more unbelievable is how the Bistro building was built in just a few weeks. Like I've never seen an old building get knocked down and a new one put up in the matter of 2 to 3 months that look like the Bistro.
yes how did bistro get there?!?!

WaltK

Awards
The games have been rather inconsistent in how in sync the time flow between worlds is. In KH2 a year had past in most worlds from the events in 1. On the other hand in most Worlds 10 year pasted between BBS and KH1, while on Olympus only 2 or 4 years seem to have passed seeing Herc recently turned 18 in KH3, while being in his mid-teens in BBS.

Still that's a nice catch. The events of the games always did seem like they'd probably take place over a few weeks to months.
I did wonder for a long time if the concept of worlds having their own passages of time was a reasonable headcanon to have.

On one hand, it helps to explain the slow rates at which Disney characters appear to age or at which their events take place.

But Christmas Town is what complicates it. Santa Claus’ operations seem to stretch across multiple worlds, which seems to include Destiny Islands and Disney Castle, two worlds that clearly have different passages of time from each other (the apparent agless-ness of Mickey and co being an indicator).

Furthermore, Christmas Town and Halloween Town have their own clear passages of time; the inhabitants of Halloween Town, who oversee Halloween celebrations across the world(s) at large, always talk about Halloween as being a yearly thing, which doesn’t work in the context of having jurisdiction over all worlds because, from their perspective, it’s always going to be Halloween or Christmas somewhere in this universe.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

But Hercules is supposed to already be a ‘true hero’ by the time that Sora visits Olympus Coliseum in KH1, so a version of the movie’s events must have already happened. Maybe not everything from the movie happened in KH, but at least a majority of it must have between BBS and KH1.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I did wonder for a long time if the concept of worlds having their own passages of time was a reasonable headcanon to have.

On one hand, it helps to explain the slow rates at which Disney characters appear to age or at which their events take place.

But Christmas Town is what complicates it. Santa Claus’ operations seem to stretch across multiple worlds, which seems to include Destiny Islands and Disney Castle, two worlds that clearly have different passages of time from each other (the apparent agless-ness of Mickey and co being an indicator).

Furthermore, Christmas Town and Halloween Town have their own clear passages of time; the inhabitants of Halloween Town, who oversee Halloween celebrations across the world(s) at large, always talk about Halloween as being a yearly thing, which doesn’t work in the context of having jurisdiction over all worlds because, from their perspective, it’s always going to be Halloween or Christmas somewhere in this universe.
Guess that's en example of KH not being consistant. I think both DDD and Dark Road hint at the wprlds having their own Timeflow. It feels rather in consistant.

But Hercules is supposed to already be a ‘true hero’ by the time that Sora visits Olympus Coliseum in KH1, so a version of the movie’s events must have already happened. Maybe not everything from the movie happened in KH, but at least a majority of it must have between BBS and KH1.
Right. Honestly in KH1 it seemed like the events of the movie had already happened and but by the time KH2 rolled around it was a bit more murky. I guess in the KH universe something else must have happened that Herc proved himself a real hero with.

OrionGold

Awards
it concerns me that hayner said its been 3 months since sora seen him and the gang but HOW THA FAQ do u get a old 1980's camera and 3 months later you get a FAQING QR code and knows what a FAQING smartphone is?!?!

people here are saying that the bigender logo in vens room is just a solar system thing but you can clearly see and ask a bunch of people and they will say its a bigender logo...

lots of people are saying that it was confirmed that kairi is sora's love interest. is that true?
Since when did Hayner actually specified that it's been 3 months since he last seen Sora?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Since when did Hayner actually specified that it's been 3 months since he last seen Sora?
He doesn’t. He just says it ‘hasn’t been that long’, at least in the English version.

Right. Honestly in KH1 it seemed like the events of the movie had already happened and but by the time KH2 rolled around it was a bit more murky. I guess in the KH universe something else must have happened that Herc proved himself a real hero with.
I mean, it’s implied that Herc has been to see Zeus and his family before in KH3, when he says he can see them any time he wants, so I’d assume that Hades at least tried the Titan thing before. Maybe he did it prematurely and ended poorly for him, but him trying it again now is with all the kinks worked out(in his eyes, at least).

Now that I think about it, if they do decide to do an FF7R-style remake of KH1 or if that animated series rumour is true, that’d be a chance to introduce Meg earlier in the story🤔

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean, it’s implied that Herc has been to see Zeus and his family before in KH3, when he says he can see them any time he wants, so I’d assume that Hades at least tried the Titan thing before. Maybe he did it prematurely and ended poorly for him, but him trying it again now is with all the kinks worked out(in his eyes, at least).

Now that I think about it, if they do decide to do an FF7R-style remake of KH1 or if that animated series rumour is true, that’d be a chance to introduce Meg earlier in the story🤔
Yeah, guess this could be a repeat and the profecy in the KH universe is different from the movie one?
The narrator did say he'd been planning this for 18 years, so Herc cant be much older than 18 to 19, in current day KH. But that doesnt mean in the time between BBS and KH1 he didnt do it prematurely.

If they were to go for a remake, I'd think introducing her and expaning upon the Olympus to add more of a story would make sense.

Awards
I
But it's not necessary so we shouldn't even consider the possibility
It's incredibly necessary for the FF characters. The big-wigged assholes who destroyed their world and ruined their lives are back in their positions of power without a single fuss. They have free reign to do whatever the hell they want again (e.g. abduct more children) and the people are just okay with that. I can buy that the people were never informed of who the culprits were. I can buy that the FF characters weren't immediately aware that Ansem and his apprentices returned. However, I can't buy how easily Leon&co. accepted them back given their knowledge.

The Restoration Committee (essentially a neighborhood watch group on steroids) VOLUNTEERED to tend to the survivors and restore their world. And now they're just okay with serving the very same ivory-tower assholes while giving even less of a shit than a simple "eh, whatever."

Bullshit.

I'm calling upon the sacred gods of bullshit if it's revealed that no form of civil unrest occurred during that 1 year time skip.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Seeing Leon's group interact with Ansem and the scientist group could have been a great moment for all parties involved. It would show Ansem, Even, and Ienzo feeling remorse and working hard to restore the world and regain the trust of the city. It would also show Leon, Yuffie and the gang learning to trust them and work together to find Sora. Have Cid working next to Even and Ienzo on the computer. Ansem and Leon talking strategy with Riku and Kairi. Yuffie pulling pranks on Dilan and Aeleus as they stand guard. Kingdom Hearts needs more slice of life moments and interactions!

Back