• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
I wanted Ansem the Despise (as I call him) to be the villain when I first played KH2 and I still think treating Namine and Roxas the way he did was more inherently despicable, whereas I can’t remember for the life of me why I as a player was meant to feel incentivized to whoop Org 13 booty other than hoping they’d eventually knock it off with the monologues.
Just thinking about how I was supposed to sympathize with Ansem/Diz makes me uncomfortable.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, the Disney Princess line was part of it. Which is why it was always weird they used Alice and not Ariel in KH1. But, then, in the early days of the line--before it became humongous--they would occasionally use Alice, Tinker Bell, Meg, Jane, Esmeralda, and Wendy to fill out the merchandise. I think I would've preferred Jane was the PoH instead of Alice, in part to give Tarzan more attention since it's never been able to be used again. :(

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Using Ariel would have taken her away as a party member in Atlantica. They probably could have found a way to make it work though.
Why not have Ariel as a party member for Atlantica and then find out later on she was taken when we get to Hollow Bastion I mean we had Princesses who didn’t appear in any of the KH1 worlds so having her being taken away after the world could work I mean it been a while since I played KH1 so I don’t remember when we go to Altantica but I’m sure they could easily rearrange the order we visited worlds if needed.

Awards
Why not have Ariel as a party member for Atlantica and then find out later on she was taken when we get to Hollow Bastion I mean we had Princesses who didn’t appear in any of the KH1 worlds so having her being taken away after the world could work I mean it been a while since I played KH1 so I don’t remember when we go to Altantica but I’m sure they could easily rearrange the order we visited worlds if needed.
It's true that our initial visit to Atlantica wouldn't have been affected by the potential absence of Ariel since it happens before Hollow Bastion, but returning to that world with Ariel missing could have been problematic. KH3 made it work with Rapunzel (even if she was still present, she was no longer available as a party member) so it could've worked, but they may not have considered that 20 years ago.

Awards
Was it ever, explicitely stated within canon that the seven princesses of heart literally had to all be females?

iirc in BbS, “Princess of Heart” is never used to refer to Snow, Cindy and Aurora, just “hearts of pure light” or something like that, which leads me to believe “Princess of Heart” was coined later on when it became apparent that all seven of them were girls.

And since the original princesses have now apparently “passed down their lights”, is there anything stopping one of the new lights from being male?

Also, why “princesses”? Only four of them were literal royalty at the time (Belle was still mid-way through the events of her movie and thus hadn’t married Beast/the prince yet).
Eraqus says "princesses of heart" when breifing Terra and Aqua about the unversed tho

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ariel's removal would only be temporary until she's rescued & players aren't likely to revisit past worlds until post-game anyway. Rapunzel is permanent.

Honestly, they should've at least had long-hair Rapunzel in battlegates, say it's an illusion of her. Or how about Donald uses some magic that restores her hair's length.

Perkilator

Awards
I wanted Ansem the Despise (as I call him) to be the villain when I first played KH2 and I still think treating Namine and Roxas the way he did was more inherently despicable, whereas I can’t remember for the life of me why I as a player was meant to feel incentivized to whoop Org 13 booty other than hoping they’d eventually knock it off with the monologues.
Just thinking about how I was supposed to sympathize with Ansem/Diz makes me uncomfortable.
To play the Devil’s advocate, Xehanort and the other apprentices kind of pushed him to that brink (not that I can defend or forgive it)

kaseykockroach

Awards
Everything about him makes for a more interesting villain backstory than KH’s actual villains other than, well, KH1’s Ansem which was interesting in that context before...well, you know.

Xagzan

Awards
When Xigbar was in Mulan's world in KH2, does that mean that Luxu met Mushu?

kaseykockroach

Awards
Is it strange that I still prefer KH1’s leveling system to KH2’s and 3’s “Get Bonus!”?
No idea if I’m in the minority on that. I like having everything within my grasp depending on whether I feel like grinding, rather than needing to get to a specific boss.

Perkilator

Awards
Kingdom Hearts wasn't even close to its full power even when Roxas and RIku faced off in the World That Never Was. If Riku wasn't in the way to stop him, he could've feasibly taken down Xemnas.

WaltK

Awards
Since Disney wanted Frozen in KH3 because it’s their current biggest cashcow, I can’t help but wonder, if KH3 was made over a decade earlier, would Disney have forced them to put in High School Musical?

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm still bummed Zazu's not in KH2's Pride Lands, nor is Slinky in 3's Toy Box. What are the odds they miss my favorite character from both, eh?

Rex at least mentions Slinky though. I'll take that!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Since Disney wanted Frozen in KH3 because it’s their current biggest cashcow, I can’t help but wonder, if KH3 was made over a decade earlier, would Disney have forced them to put in High School Musical?
Wasn't Disney. Nomura and the team got an advanced screening before the film released anywhere. They liked it so much they decided to include it in the game. Just a coincidence it happened to blow up the way it did.

Back