• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
Why can't Sora use Strike Raid in KH3? Did Xehanort's failed possession make him forget how to throw a Keyblade?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Playing MoM for the 1st time in months and it makes me wonder if Square has plans to do anything more with the Unity engine. Like I remember when the CoM org members appeared in cutscenes and the journal in KH2 and Nomuta said some of the staff thought it was a waste they didn't do more with those models so we got the data fights in FM.

Well in MoM, they recreated damn near every world in the series (minus Deep Jungle, Port Royal, Ux, and KH3) and many, many enemies in Unity. I can't help but think "all that work and this is what you do with it? Just a music game?" Like they now got this engine and all these assets, why not get a b tier team like HAND or whoever to whip up a new action RPG with all of that? A conventional KH game with an "everyone is here" world lineup would be awesome.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
I would absolutely be willing to go back to the old graphics if it meant getting a game with almost every world. Especially if it also had a bunch of playable characters.

It could also be a step in creating the Days and Coded remakes that fans are constantly requesting.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
yvToqoC.png

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They couldn't figure out Sora is always associated with the Kingdom Key Keyblade? Just type in Kingdom Hearts on Google Image and you'll see a bunch on official artwork with him holding his signature weapon, lol

But I guess his friend might of informed him he can change its forms through Keychains

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They couldn't figure out Sora is always associated with the Kingdom Key Keyblade? Just type in Kingdom Hearts on Google Image and you'll see a bunch on official artwork with him holding his signature weapon, lol

But I guess his friend might of informed him he can change its forms through Keychains
It's the one the action figure comes with.

Awards
I can’t believe they put so much effort and planning into literally the laziest joke they could have made.
Like the animator said, the director spent six hours trying to figure out what the series was about. What they left out was that after that six hours, the director said "screw it, I'm making it an orgy."

So they legit didn't bother trying to come up with a better "joke". They defaulted to orgy.

Oh, and the animator had a horrible time working on it too.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Just want to add, Robot Chicken was never good. Their only top tier material is their Star Wars parodies, and anything to do with Emperor Palpatine.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So was that the first actual pop culture reference KH has had? Can't recall any other off the top of my head

Soldier

Awards
So was that the first actual pop culture reference KH has had? Can't recall any other off the top of my head
There was that one instance in the sitcom "American Housewife" where there was a soldier heartless cosplayer at a convention they went to. But given that show's controversial nature not a lot of people talk about it (with good reason I might add).

Perkilator

Awards
I still believe that Smash Ultimate × Kingdom Hearts could work if you stuck with the KH-original content. Only question is whether or not the Mickey emblem on the Kingdom Key is a small enough detail to brush off.

Soldier

Awards
I still believe that Smash Ultimate × Kingdom Hearts could work if you stuck with the KH-original content. Only question is whether or not the Mickey emblem on the Kingdom Key is a small enough detail to brush off.
They could avoid that entirely if they go with dual wielding Roxas, both the Oathkeeper and Oblivion keychains are KH originals.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Video game pop cultures references in general has not evolved past 80s arcade games.
I argue that the "no non-game characters" rule isn't as etched in stone as we're led to think. Dracula's from a novel & based on a historical figure but he's a boss in SSBU, the greek god of the dead Hades has speaking lines on Palutena's Temple, the Pokemon reps clearly take cues from the anime such as their voices, plus Lucario technically appeared in anime before games. Also the Misty trophy in Melee has her anime-only outfit, Ash is name dropped in a trophy in SSB4, and Amy Rose & Charmy the Bee originated from a Sonic manga series. I think 3 tiny circles in a pattern isn't going to be any worse of an offender.
They could avoid that entirely if they go with dual wielding Roxas, both the Oathkeeper and Oblivion keychains are KH originals.
Sora could just wield those too (& then Roxas & Xion are Sora's echos).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Random hypothetical scenario: they release a "KH Portable Classics" collection with emulated versions of GBA CoM, DS Days and RE:Coded, and a port of UX/DR. Aside from UX/DR being rebalanced for no MTX, the other games are untouched rom dumps. Releases on PS4/5/XB1/Switch/EGS and is the only other release Switch gets besides MoM.

Yay or nay?

Back