• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What if the reason no one remembers Deep Jungle is because Namine screwed up Sora's memories of it somehow and had to dump them?

kaseykockroach

Awards
As far as final bosses in the mainline games go, KH3’s is the best by a few thousand miles.
As far as final stages preceding said final confrontations though, KH1’s End of the World has yet to be topped atmospherically.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I meant how did Nomura get it into his head that this is engaging gameplay? You’ve been smacking moving targets for awhile up to this point, why would we need training NOW?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In Kingdom Hearts 1, Captain Hook's pirate ship flew out into space and captured the Gummi Ship. I don't remember if Hook's ship flies in the Peter Pan movies, been ages since I saw them. But since Hook can leave Neverland on it, how come he doesn't go collect treasure in other worlds? Doesn't have to worry about Dark Corridors, or Gummships, or Keyblade Gliders, or whatever else there is to travel. I feel like this might be a forgotten detail from KH1.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In Kingdom Hearts 1, Captain Hook's pirate ship flew out into space and captured the Gummi Ship. I don't remember if Hook's ship flies in the Peter Pan movies, been ages since I saw them. But since Hook can leave Neverland on it, how come he doesn't go collect treasure in other worlds? Doesn't have to worry about Dark Corridors, or Gummships, or Keyblade Gliders, or whatever else there is to travel. I feel like this might be a forgotten detail from KH1.
It did, after Hook's defeat Tinkerbell covered the whole ship in pixie dust to lift it out of the sea. Although said pixie dust also turned the whole ship gold, which it wasn't in KH, so 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Hook found a Levistone from FF1 or something.

As for why he doesn't leave:
A. If there's still treasure to be found on Neverland, that takes priority before looking elsewhere.
B. Hook's primary motivation isn't treasure but vengeance against Pan.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It did, after Hook's defeat Tinkerbell covered the whole ship in pixie dust to lift it out of the sea. Although said pixie dust also turned the whole ship gold, which it wasn't in KH, so 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Hook found a Levistone from FF1 or something.

As for why he doesn't leave:
A. If there's still treasure to be found on Neverland, that takes priority before looking elsewhere.
B. Hook's primary motivation isn't treasure but vengeance against Pan.
So is did fly, though? That's a canon thing? And I thought Hook's motives of vengeance against Pan were treasure related?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So is did fly, though? That's a canon thing? And I thought Hook's motives of vengeance against Pan were treasure related?
I guess Hook is just a small picture guy. He doesn't care about other people's treasure; he just wants his treasure and Peter keeps stealing it hence the feud lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I guess Hook is just a small picture guy. He doesn't care about other people's treasure; he just wants his treasure and Peter keeps stealing it hence the feud lol
I suppose that makes sense. And just remembered his ship was ruined by ROTS, so he can leave Neverland regardless. No wonder he didn't return in KH2 XD

Soldier

Awards
Yes, that is indeed a canon thing that happened in the Disney Peter Pan mythos. My guess is that KH's definition of what counts as a vessel or not is very vague at best (after all, this same game a giant SPERM WHALE swims through the lanes between as though they're the Atlantic Ocean). This is further reinforced in KH 3 with various ship pieces floating in the misty stream near the caribbean. Point being, you don't necessarily need a gummi ship to travel the lanes back in KH 1. It's RECOMMENDED you do that to avoid being corrupted by the darkness in the lanes.

Soldier

Awards
I suppose that makes sense. And just remembered his ship was ruined by ROTS, so he can leave Neverland regardless. No wonder he didn't return in KH2 XD
After Maleficent's villanous group collapsed, it's likely Hook has little to no intention of leaving Neverland since it seems he can't control the heartless anymore. Compared to the other Disney villains in KH 1, Hook seemed less reliant on dark powers, more along the lines of oogie boogie (using tricks and sleight of hands with some heartless summoning). After all, in J.M Barrie's novel he was stated to be Blackbeard's bo'sun, so he would rely more on his fencing skills than anything else

SweetYetSalty

Awards
After Maleficent's villanous group collapsed, it's likely Hook has little to no intention of leaving Neverland since it seems he can't control the heartless anymore. Compared to the other Disney villains in KH 1, Hook seemed less reliant on dark powers, more along the lines of oogie boogie (using tricks and sleight of hands with some heartless summoning). After all, in J.M Barrie's novel he was stated to be Blackbeard's bo'sun, so he would rely more on his fencing skills than anything else
I'm down for that reasoning. It makes Hook stand out from the other Disney villains if nothing else. I noticed he hated Heartless in Days after he stopped using them.

Soldier

Awards
I'm down for that reasoning. It makes Hook stand out from the other Disney villains if nothing else. I noticed he hated Heartless in Days after he stopped using them.
He has grown some enmity towards them, perhaps it stems from his encounters with Riku aboard his ship. Watching the boy flaunt darkness and order the heartless around likely raised his hesitation towards them. Also, in the first scene of Neverland, he emphasizes that the hold is "crawling with heartless" and the way he says it shows that he has (at the time) a growing contempt for the creatures.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
He has grown some enmity towards them, perhaps it stems from his encounters with Riku aboard his ship. Watching the boy flaunt darkness and order the heartless around likely raised his hesitation towards them. Also, in the first scene of Neverland, he emphasizes that the hold is "crawling with heartless" and the way he says it shows that he has (at the time) a growing contempt for the creatures.
Hook's relationship with the Heartless needs more attention. Hook in general needs to return. Truthfully I always liked him more then Peter Pan XD

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well Pan cut off his hand and fed it to the croc. One tends to hold a grudge after that.

Ever notice Smee's the only crew he has left? Heartless got to the rest of them.

Back