• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
Why are the Guardians of Light called that instead of the Warriors of Light? The Final Fantasy reference was right there and they didn't take it! Is it because there's more than four of them?

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Why are the Guardians of Light called that instead of the Warriors of Light? The Final Fantasy reference was right there and they didn't take it! If it because there's more than four of them?

Some excerpts from the Oxford Dictionary:
warrior /ˈwɒrɪə /
▸ noun - (especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter

guardian /ˈɡɑːdɪən /
▸ noun - person who protects or defends something,

They are Guardians because they are guarding the safety of the Realm of Light, and the new Seven Hearts, from Xehanort and the Organization. Also, and this might be a stretch, it could be in reference to how the worlds wanted Sora and co to be “the guardians of their destiny”, as Mickey put it, in KH2.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The name of the upcoming manga chapter is 9人の光の守護者, or ’The 9 Guardians of Light’. The kanji for ’guardian’ is 守護者. To break the kanji up, the first 2 characters 守 and 護 are read as ‘mori’ or ‘mamoru’, meaning protection, while the last character 者 translates to ‘person’. So the literal translation in Japanese can be ‘protecting person’, but is read like the English word ‘guardian’.

It’s kinda like how in Yu-Gi-Oh, Kaiba’s ace card in Japanese is written as 青眼の白龍 in kanji, but is read as ブルーアイズ・ホワイト・ドラゴン(Blue-Eyes White Dragon in katakana).

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I have a development theory about BbS;

So, in Aqua's version of Castle of Dreams, there's that one part where Aqua is shrunk down and she needs to help Jaq make his way across the Tremaine's living room, and that's the only time Aqua gets to visit that particular area, right?

Well, I think the developers originally intended it so the player could return to it after the story is finished, and the reason I think that is because of that ajar window that Aqua enters through after being shrunk down.

If you explore the room, you'll find that the ajar window is actually accessible in normal gameplay; you can get up to the windowsill and look out at the courtyard by hopping onto a table. This is viewable even in Ven's version of the map.

My guess is that you could originally speak to the Fairy Godmother in the courtyard and she would have given you the option of going back in, and to leave, you'd have to go to that windowsill and answer "yes" to a "Go back outside?" message.

Sonofjafar

Awards
in KH1, there’s a cutscene in Monstro where it looks like Pinocchio might die but when Pinocchio says “I’m not gonna make it”, his nose grows as if he were lying. Bottom line: is Pinocchio’s Nose omniscient in the kh universe?

Awards
If KH didn't have Disney, would the other creative staff have used the motif of a bird, Dog and a monkey from Momotaro as Sora's traveling companions instead of Donald and Goofy ?

Last edited:
Awards
Sora opening monologue in KH1 made me think of the dream realm.

If KH didn't have Disney worlds, would Sora hop in the Dream realm instead?

Back