• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Problems Need Looked Into For Console

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothm6n66

During the very little progress ive made after playing over 12 hours of the worst time of my life, ive decided hopefully this gets looked into and repaired before I give up entirely. A brief explanation as to why, is because ive played games my whole life, so I only play games on the hardest difficulty, mainly to keep me actually trying to play something rather than shooting myself and taking the easy way out, which of course has no rewarding feeling at all. If KH has new game plus or unlockables that make the game play better, please let me know, as ive about had it with the last boss in tarzans world, which would be easy to beat if bumping into enemies in between or during attacks wasnt automatic death, which is my main problem.
Boss battles in Prouds mode are essentially impossible. After 500 tries per frequently occurring boss battle, there is the ever so slight chance the game doesnt dick you enough times to kill you before you beat the boss. Basically, the character impact perameters need updated, k thanks.
Parry, a basically non graspable, unpredictable, non functioning function to the game. It doesnt work, if you arent gonna slow time and have the parry propmt come up in one way or another, like in FFXV, so its just an annoyance.
These two problems which are basically the whole game, are coninuing to absolutely smother my memory of wanting to play this. The story seems great and id like to see it through, but if I get too pissed at the game then its going back to gamestop along with 2.8 which i havent even touched yet to go towards something worth playing, such as Wildlands.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm squinting trying to figure out if this is because of glitches or not. It's very rare that we hear of anyone thinking the kh games are too hard, though the port to ps4 did mess with a few things. I don't think I've seen anyone mention these specific issues, though. There isn't a new game plus, but as you level up naturally, certain things unlock and certain features can be obtained through sidequests as well that make the game more user-friendly.

TheDemonCT

Then just return it if you can't learn how the game works. It's not going to be that easy like the pos called ff15. If you posted of clip of the battle then we give you tips, if you want to keep trying.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I think it depends on which version you have. Do you have the OG PS2 version or the remaster on PS3/4? Because the reaction commands in the remasters help make the game feel easier, personally. Also, while there's no new game plus, there are the optional secret bosses that appear later on that you can face. Also, if you're only starting out playing KH for the first time, playing through Proud mode first is a mistake. Start with Normal mode first, then play Proud if you still think you want the challenge.

Jaychance

During the very little progress ive made after playing over 12 hours of the worst time of my life, ive decided hopefully this gets looked into and repaired before I give up entirely. A brief explanation as to why, is because ive played games my whole life, so I only play games on the hardest difficulty, mainly to keep me actually trying to play something rather than shooting myself and taking the easy way out, which of course has no rewarding feeling at all. If KH has new game plus or unlockables that make the game play better, please let me know, as ive about had it with the last boss in tarzans world, which would be easy to beat if bumping into enemies in between or during attacks wasnt automatic death, which is my main problem.
Boss battles in Prouds mode are essentially impossible. After 500 tries per frequently occurring boss battle, there is the ever so slight chance the game doesnt dick you enough times to kill you before you beat the boss. Basically, the character impact perameters need updated, k thanks.
Parry, a basically non graspable, unpredictable, non functioning function to the game. It doesnt work, if you arent gonna slow time and have the parry propmt come up in one way or another, like in FFXV, so its just an annoyance.
These two problems which are basically the whole game, are coninuing to absolutely smother my memory of wanting to play this. The story seems great and id like to see it through, but if I get too pissed at the game then its going back to gamestop along with 2.8 which i havent even touched yet to go towards something worth playing, such as Wildlands.

Seems like you need to get used to KHFM at 60 fps and a bit under leveled. I had to readjust about getting the timing for guard otherwise just another proud play through Im usually Lv 15 - 18 and thats going from Alice in Wonderland straight to Deep Jungle.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
lol git gud

Ok but seriously, all KH games have a bit of a learning curve, especially if it's on KH1 and it's your first time playing.
Grind (because you shouldn't be getting one-shotted so easily) and work on improving your timing and reflexes. Or, if you don't wanna bother with that, there's always giving up. Because it doesn't get that much easier from where you're at right now.

GochuJang

Good luck battling Cloud (Or is it Sephiroth?) I forget which one is the optional boss in KH1.

Precursor Mar

lol It's really hard to believe you only play games on hard when you write stuff like this.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I've had no problem parrying before. You have to actually learn the way the enemies work, instead of being arbitrarily prompted.

I agree with KeybladeLordSora--you're likely just underleveld. I only ever play on Proud and I don't have any problems. At Deep Jungle I believe I'm usually around...I dunno, lvl. 18? I'm not sure. I know I'm in the thirties at Atlantica is all. If you're having problems with Deep Jungle, Agrabah's going to be horrible for you. I always remember that being the hardest of the KH1 worlds.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
I understand this is a very old thread, but I've had an experience somewhat similar (although not as drastic) as OP and wanted to give my two cents.

First, the difference *may* be the 60 FPS for you, however, that is unlikely. The fact is that playing on proud is going to be difficult, at first.
The reason behind this is rather simple: You don't have absolutely crucial abilities like Leaf Bracer, Scan, Guard, The cure spell, The Cure break, etc.
Once you get the abilities that stop you from dieing in one shot and then the cure spell, you are *almost* invincible (not as invincible as a character in FF XV, but somewhat close :p).

I, too, died around 20 times to the Tarzan boss. You just have to get past it, then you get the cure spell, and the game is downhill from there in terms of difficulty. It's strange, but after dieing some 20+ times during the deep jungle phase, I've died less than 5 times the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back