• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► [KH] One Hundred Percent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

onehundredpercent.jpg

- - -
[size=+2]THEMES[/size]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

- - -
Chapter One
Introduction​

Where you’re supposed to be is a small room. This small room has bookcases lining the walls, each of these bookcases are filled to the brim with books. There are many different kind of books – historical, fiction, non-fiction, erotica - pretty much anything you can imagine. Along the wall across from the door is a fireplace, a grand one at that. This fireplace is lit; the cracking of the fire is one of the few sounds you can hear.

In the middle of this small room, is a small round table. This table has books upon books around it and on top of it. There are two chairs pushed near the table, both from the Victorian era. They are lined with a velvet purple cushion, and are even more comfortable than you think. One of the chairs is empty, while the other is filled with a young man.

This young man has silver-like hair that swoops down over his right eye. His hair has an unusual shine to it, and swoops with such precision you think it was something from a science-fiction movie. He finally notices you when you approach the desk (the sound you made from closing the door must not have been loud enough for him)

He looks up at you with coal black eyes, and as he closes his book, he speaks, “Hello, have a seat.” He points to the other chair by the table with an open palm. “I was looking forward to meeting you,” he says to you, closing his book. “I am supposed to tell you about R-K’s new one-hundred theme project. It is quite marvelous.”

You raise one of your eyebrows rather indigently, asking him to continue. “Well you see, while many artists have already embraced this one-hundred theme challenge, he decided that he would give it a try through writing. Spectacular, wouldn’t you say?

“I think so. How it works is that he will write a oneshot, blurb, drabble, short story, whatever you may call it, for every theme. The best part is that it will feature all of your favorite Kingdom Hearts characters.

“Since each theme is different, so will the things contained in them. He shall post a warning listing what all controversial things maybe included in that chapter; just so you won’t read something you won’t be happy about.

“You maybe wondering about reviews, you’re just so lucky you have me to guide you. I would like you to picture something in your head, right now. Imagine you’re a writer, and you spend a lot of time writing little stories and such. Wouldn’t you want reviews? To know that you didn’t waste all that time for nothing? That someone did read it? One way a writer can get better is by the comments they receive through reviews. So how can someone improve unless people give them insight? Reviews make a writer smile, and make them work hard at their next chapter so that you can read it. Reviews make the world a better place, wouldn’t you say?

“I could give you a list of the themes, hell I have a list right here. But that would be no fun wouldn’t it? Knowing the answers to life is over powering, life surprises you, and so shall R-K. So I hope you continue reading, and enjoy these collections of things,” the man says to you.

You nod; you’re sublimely happy and can’t wait to start reading. The man says his name is Ienzo, and that he will guide you.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Date Posted: March 17th, 2007
Warnings: Cuteness. Fluff.

Chapter Two
Love​

Lve.
Looove.
Loov.
Luv.
Lov.

“Mom!” A ten year-old Sora shouted to his mother, who was busy making pink cupcakes in the kitchen, “How do you spell love?”

“Why honey?” she said, liking the icing off of the beaters.

“I’m making valentines!” Sora said, a smile preceding his lips.

“You finally going to tell Kairi you have a crush on her?” his mother smiled, as she began to ice the cupcakes, with pink icing.

Sora’s cheeks turned a dull cherry as he tried to deny his feelings, “I don’t like Kairi! She’s a girl!”

“You don’t say?”

“Girls are gross, they have cooties!”

“Excuse me?” his mother said, trying to pretend that she was offended.

“Mom!” Sora shouted back, “You know you’re not a girl, you’re a mom!”

“Thanks…”

“No problemo,” Sora said with a smile, curling his fingers together around a red felt-pen.

“So if you’re not making a valentine for Kairi, who are you making one for?”

“Everyone.”

“Everyone?”

“Everyone,” Sora said again, touching the felt-pen to his red construction paper, “Ms. Little said that I have to make one for everyone in the class, even if I don’t like them. It is called being polite. I even have to make one for that dumb-bum Riku!”

“Are you and Riku fighting again?” his mother said, moving on from icing the cupcakes to decorating them with sprinkles.

Sora nodded, even though he was sure his mother couldn’t see him. “He laughed at me because I thought there was a monster in our Secret Place! Can you believe him?”

His mother softly smiled as she set the finished cupcakes in a tray. “How long are you going to stay mad at him?”

“At least until tomorrow, that’s for sure,” Sora said, completely furious with Riku. He grabbed a hold of his jig-jagged scissors and cut a heart shape out of the pink construction paper. He used some lacey ribbon, and glue and whatever else he could find to make a valentine card that was obviously better than all the rest. “Mom!” Sora whined, “Come help me!”

His mother made her way over to him, once she had tidied up the kitchen and set aside her newly made cupcakes. She took his marker and carefully wrote out, just as he asked, the word Love. “There,” she exclaimed, a little too proud with her marksmanship.

“Mom, you can let go now…”

- - -​

The next day at school, Sora raced to his classroom with a bag filled with cards and a cupcake in one hand. The bell had rung just as he had entered his small classroom, thank god he made it.

“Alright class,” Ms. Little began, “Hand out your cards and treats before I go on with today’s lesson.”

Everyone moved around the room, handing out their cards. Kairi sat sadly in her desk, watching ad everyone else got cards except her. Ms. Little had said to make everyone cards, but no one really liked Kairi, they thought she was too odd, what with falling out of the sky and all. She looked down at her desk, fiddling with her pen, as she could feel tears building up in her eyes.

She snapped into attention when someone’s cupcake was right in front of her face. She wiped the icing off her nose and looked at the other things in front of her. Besides the lovely pink cupcake, there was a lovely hand made card that said “I love you, be my valentine.” She followed the pasty skin hands to a pink-faced Sora who looked shyly away from her as he held out the card and cupcake. She smiled.

The End​

A

Audo

Date Posted: March 17th, 2007
Warnings: Boy fluff, pre-KH

Chapter Three
Light​

“Hey Riku,” Sora said to his best friend, as they laid in the grass, watching the clouds above them.

“Yeah?” Riku asked back shortly, looking for a bunny in the sky.

“Do you think we will always be like this?”

“Like what?” Riku asked, not exactly paying attention… he really wanted to find that bunny.

“You know, like this. Best friends, you and me. Spending summer afternoons look for animal clouds.”

“I don’t know Sora,” Riku answered honestly, after finally finding the bunny, “You can never really know what’s going to happen in the future.”

“I guess so,” Sora replied dimly. He looked away from Riku and back up to the sky, shielding his eyes from the sudden burst of light. Sora looked back at Riku, not finding the sky as interesting as his best friend, “Would you be sad if we weren’t friends?”

“I don’t know, I don’t like to think about it,” Riku said, looking towards Sora.

“Why not?”

“What’s the point in stressing over things like that? I’m not saying that I want us to not be friends, I’m saying that thinking about it isn’t going to make anything better.”
“I guess…” Sora repeated, still looking at his best friend. “I’d be sad.”

“I would be too, but I don’t think we can be together forever Sora.”

“Why not?” Sora said again.

“Because one day we’re going to get off this island, and when that day comes, we might get separated.”

Sora rolled onto his back, “Why do you want to get off this island so badly?”

“It’s just the same old thing; don’t you want to experience new things?”

“Yeah… but I don’t know if I want to if we’re going to be separated.”

“Hey,” Riku said, rolling towards Sora, “Even if we did get separated, we will always be together in our hearts.”
Sora looked up at Riku, “You know, you’re right.”

Riku rolled onto his back and the two of them stared back up at the sky. The lush grass was poking at their exposed skin, but they didn’t really care. “Hey Sora, did you see the bunny?”

The End​

A

Audo

Date Posted: Tuesday March 20th, 2007
Warnings: KH-Related, Fabricated Facts. Spoilers for KH2.

Chapter Four
Dark​

“He is supposed to awaken soon,” DiZ’s voice echoed in the white room.

Riku turned around to face the bandaged man, before quickly looking back at Sora’s pod. “I know,” he said, before turning around and walking out of the room. He could hear DiZ’s footsteps following him back into the hall where Donald and Goofy were kept. Riku looked at DiZ through the reflection of one of the pods, “How were the Heartless made?”

“What makes you think I know?” DiZ replied, a sound of defense in his voice.

“I know you know. Naminé showed me some of your reports,” Riku turned halfway and looked at DiZ, “You’re real name is Ansem the Wise and you were the ruler of Radiant Garden. Now tell me what you know.”

DiZ’s eyes dilated for a brief second, before going back to their normal size, “I shouldn’t have underestimated you Riku. I will tell you everything, if that is what you wish.”

“That is what I wish,” Riku mocked.

DiZ glared at him, before calming down, “Alright. About twelve years ago(1), I was the ruler of a world by the name of Radiant Garden. Radiant Garden was a magnificent world, a paradise. Flowers would bloom with a fragrant aroma, raised by the pure water that brought forth life. Everyday I was met with the smiles of my people.

“But, wherever there is light, darkness is closely lurking by. I watched as people’s hearts would be consumed by the darkness, many times. So I took it upon myself to find out what caused this darkness and to stop it.”

“You’re a liar,” Riku said with disgust.

“I most certainly am not,” DiZ said with defiance.

“You sought out the darkness because you wanted its power, now answer my question.”

DiZ opened his mouth, as if to argue, but saw it as a failed purpose, “There are two types of heartless. One is created purely out of the darkness of someone’s heart. These are called Pure-Blood Heartlesses. The other type was created by my assistants; they amplified and mutated the darkness in the hearts to create their own heartless. These heartless have been labeled with certain logos. These heartless are called Emblem Heartlesses.

“After they exiled me, I can only presume they took it to the next level. They made machines that amplified the darkness themselves. It makes sense to me that they probably were using the darkness from the world’s heart, which as why the world slowly deteriorated over time.

“The machines have been shut down for about a year now, but that hasn’t stopped the heartless. I’m guessing that they have created a new machine in their hideout. They would have plenty of darkness on their world; the machine wouldn’t ever stop running unless someone turned it off.

“Both kind of heartless, however, rely on instincts. They ally with the strongest force; they go around mindlessly collecting hearts. However, the heartless in your heart, is different. When Xehanort cast off his body, his heartless retained its sense of will. It also kept its human shape. He is one of the only to do so. When Sora’s cast off his body too, his heartless kept its sense of will as well, but he wasn’t strong enough to keep his human shape.

“When Xehanort casted off his body and remained a human heartless, he egged my other apprentices to do so as well. But they refused, he forced them to do so, which was why their Heartlesses were just as mindless as the others. As you know, when a strong heart’s body is cast off, it becomes a Nobody. It is believed that maybe only those who willingly cast off their bodies have a Nobody with a human shape. Some believe it to be those who have strong hearts. I think it is a mixture, a concoction. Those who unwillingly give up their body, if they have a strong heart, receive a human-like Nobody. Those who willingly cast off their bodies, no matter how strong their heart, get a human nobody. This is how Sora gained a Nobody. He wasn’t strong enough to keep human shape as a heartless; he certainly wouldn’t with a Nobody. But since he willingly gave up his heart, he has a Nobody.

“Some also believe that Nobodies don’t have feelings. That is also a lie. The ones who unwillingly give up their bodies, they can’t feel emotions. Well, they can, but only if their heart is still out there. Xemnas, the leader of the Organization, his heart is within your body, which is why he can’t feel emotions, because the connection has been stopped. The ones who willingly give up their bodies, they can feel emotions. When someone willingly becomes a heartless, they keep their sense of will; likewise with Nobodies. When someone willingly casts of their bodies, they keep their sense of emotions.

“The ones who willingly give up, they have an easier times with their emotions. The ones with strong hearts, who still have a connection, have a harder time. With them, they have the emotions, but they don’t know how to react to them, kind of like they are on the side of a locked door, and sometimes they have the key and sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they know how to react, but other times their mind locks up, not knowing what to do. I couldn’t imagine how frustrating that must be.

“Organization XIII is trying to obtain Kingdom Hearts. They are lead to believe that if they obtain Kingdom Hearts, they can exist again. This is impossible. Unless their hearts have been released of the heartless by the Keyblade, they will never be complete. Xemnas will never be complete, because his heart is in you, and is barely alive. Roxas would never have been complete either, because Sora’s heart is thriving. The same goes for a lot of the members of the Organization.

“Memories are stored in the Heart. But that isn’t the case with Nobodies, who clearly still obtain memories. Their memories are stored in a large skyscraper in the Dark City, which is in their world. This skyscraper had large TV screens to help stimulate memories, but they are hardly needed. When Xehanort casted off his body, his Nobody had all of its past memories, and found its way back to Radiant Garden. He got there after my other apprentices had been stripped of their hearts too. They built onto the laboratory and made a command room; this room could tap into the Memory’s Skyscraper and look at their memories. This was also how the skyscraper was able to obtain new information.

“I do not know everything about the Organization, Riku. That is why you and I must stop them and figure out what it is that they are truly about. Are you with me?”

The End​

A

Audo

Date Posted: Wednesday March 21st, 2007
Warnings: Mild Swearing. Drug Use. AU (Alternate Universe)

Chapter Five
Seeking Solace.​

I look in the mirror, my hair it’s fucking sticking out. All over, all over. My face is mutated, scabs, cuts, boils. Fucking disgusting. My hands are fucking shaking, trembling, shaking, trembling, FUCK Stop! I need it, I need it to live, to breathe. Cold turkey, fuck. Fuck that, I need it. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I need it, where is it. Just once more, just one more fucking time, that’s all I need. I can quit after that, just give me my fucking release.

I’m on the floor, how the fuck? Where did I put it? No! I don’t need it, I don’t need it, I don’t need it, I don’t need it, fuck where is it? I’m crawling, my feet dragging behind me. I chewed my feet, anything to help the fucking pain. The fucking pain, I need my fucking drugs. Where did I put them, I need them.

FUCK! Did I find them, did I find them? No no no, I didn’t I don’t think… did I? Fuck, yes I did. Fuck fuck fuck, I cant I cant I cant. Ive made so much fucking progress, It’s already been five hours since I last. Fuck, I cant take my mind off it, I need it. I got it, I got it, once more, then that’s it. To-to make sure ill use it all, in one go, yes yes, all of it. I’ll use all of it.

My hands are fucking trembling so fucking much. I tied it, yes I tied the ribbon around my arm. Tightly around my arm in fucking fact. So close, yes, so close. The needle I need the fucking needle. I, I got it, I fucking got the needle. Fuck yes. My hands are shaking too much, I’ve made a huge gaping hole in my arm, but it’s okay, it’s okay. As long as I get it. I finally hit my vein, fuck yes, fuck yes. All of it all of it, goes in and finally, finally I feel…. My sweet solace.

The End​

EDIT: Good god this one is sooooo ridiculously bad. >.< Ah well, that's the last of my year-old ones. Now i get to do some fresh ones >:3

Last edited:

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
The first one is kind of confusing. Now the second one is just cute. That's how most boys act at 10, lol. I liked the third one also. It was nice to have a scene of just Sora and Riku talking as friends. It was sweet. The fourth chapter wasn't too bad. It seems like it could have happened in Kingdom Hearts II. Of course we'll never know because those extra scenes only exist in Nomura's imagination. :laugh:
The fifth one is special....

Overall you did a good job R-K! I'll keep watch on this thread to read more. :)

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
EDIT: Good god this one is sooooo ridiculously bad. >.< Ah well, that's the last of my year-old ones. Now i get to do some fresh ones >:3

I thought they were good. I didn't know what you were getting at with the first one, but the second was a good representation of Sora and Kairi would act in their normal lives. I have yet to read the other three yet, but I like what I see so far. I'll keep my eye out.

A

Audo

Rofl. The fourth one is so messed up >.<
It was supposed to go with a fan fic i was writing at the time, but bleh. Me no likely.?
The fifth one is just absolutely ridiculous. xDDDDDDDDDDDD.

But thanks for the comments guys :3
I think this will be a fun little project to help keep me writing.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I like this R-K. Although I don't get the 5th one at all (Who is it for starters) Favorites are the Valentines one and the cloud one. These are good. T hanks.

A

Audo

Date Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2008
Warnings: Hmm…. can’t really think of any.

Chapter Six
Break Away​

“Kairi, I want you to listen to me very carefully, okay?”

A young Kairi, age five, looked up wide-eyed at her grandmother, who was sitting in her regular spot in Ansem’s Library. Ansem, their ruler, had always been one to allow his people to use his personal library. He believed that his people deserved to be able to widen their intellectual spectrums. That was before though, back when the people of Radiant Gardens were greeted by Ansem’s smile every day. But lately, people had been seeing less and less of him and more and more of them.

His apprentices.

The apprentices didn’t appreciate the townsfolk being in Ansem’s Library - near his study. That was where they did their work - their experiments, and above all else, being disturbed was the worst thing you could do to them.

“Kairi - are you listening to me?” Kairi’s Grandma had disturbed them. She had stuck her nose where it didn’t belong, speaking the evils of what they were doing. The worlds needed a balance of light and dark, she would tell them. Creating more darkness than what was needed only upsets this balance.

The apprentices were quick to label her insane. Telling the rest of the world how she had lost her mind with her old age and her weakening heart. The people of Radiant Gardens began to isolate themselves from the woman, not wanting to listen to her proclaimed stories of insanity any longer. And so, she was excommunicated into the Library, its logic-laden shelves being her only solitude second to her granddaughter - Kairi.

“Kairi!”

The girl shook her head, bringing herself to the reality around her. “What’s wong gwama?” The girl didn’t understand what was going on - though - how could she at such a young age? Her heart was still developing - still taking shape, and she herself was one of those hearts that upset balance, though, her grandmother would never know.

“Kairi, do you remember the story I told you about? About the light in the hearts of children. Kairi, I want you to promise me you will never, ever, forget that story. I want you to keep it with you, I want you to always remember it. I want you to use it as your protection. Do you understand me, Kairi? Never forget that even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to gui-“

“Ahem.”

Kairi’s grandmother, the usual cheerful that used to be ever-present in her eyes now drained, turned and looked over at the two men standing at the entrance of the library. A bulky, black-haired man with currently furrowed thick eyebrows and another, thinner, long blonde haired man who - while decently young in age - appeared thirty years older than he should have. The blonde, his golden locks resting unnaturally against his boney cheeks, cracked a smile at the broken woman and child. They both wore white lab coats with a purple accent as did the rest of them.

“Little girl,” the blonde smirked, “say goodbye to your grandmother, she -.” The corners of his lip quirked up, “she’s going to help us with a little experiment.”

Kairi looked from the blond man to her poor weathered Grandma, whose face had turned pale white at the realization that her time was finally up. This was it - the last time she would ever see her granddaughter again. She needed to protect her from the dangers that would befall her, yet, she only knew of the one way that she could.

“Kairi,” she said, quickly turning back to her granddaughter. Tears began to drip off her wrinkled face as she spoke, but as she held back the sobs, she tried to give the one she loved the advice she needed. “Remember that-.”

The blond looked over to the dark-haired man that towered above him, giving him a slight jerk of his head, motioning toward the old woman. The man nodded, and walked over to her, grabbing her hand and began to pull her away from her spot - and her granddaughter.

“No!” she screamed, trying to fight his grip. But it was useless. “Kairi!”

“Gwama!” the girl shouted, salty tears falling off her own innocent face now. “Gwama don’t go!” The girl grabbed the free hand of the woman, holding on as hard as she could, not wanting to let go - even if it meant going with her.

“Kairi, remember that I’ll always be with you. Remember that there will always be a light in the darkness!”

“Gwama!”

The blond grabbed a hold of Kairi by her waist, pulling her away from the old woman. But she fought, she held on tighter than ever to the only family she had left. The girl screamed - fighting.

“Everything will be okay, Kairi!” she lied, behind desperate sobs that beckoned from the depths of her throat. “Just remember what I told you!”

“No, Gwama don’t go!” she screamed back, but the grip she had on her grandmother’s hand began to weaken - began to break away - until, they were merely holding on by the tips of their fingers. But then it happened, they were pulled away from each other. And the littler girl screamed, and cried, as she watched the last person she had was dragged into the darkness.

- - -​

The girl was cradled in her grandmother’s chair. She hugged her knees to her chest, her eyes held tight - her tears dry against her skin. It had been an hour since she last saw her, and her innocent mind couldn’t even comprehend the sadistic measures that her loved one had been put through. But she knew what it meant all the less - she would never see her grandmother again. She knew that, but she wanted to be wrong - she wanted to look over at the door and see her grandmother’s smiling face once more. But when she looked up at the door, after hearing it open, she was disheartened not to see her grandmother, but them.

She immediately backed up against the chair, trying to get as far from them as possible. But it was no use; they had already closed the distance between them. The blond looked down at her - a smirk across his boney face.

“Kairi,” he smiled. “We’re sorry to say that your grandmother has...,” his smile heightened, “passed on.” The blond looked up at his black-haired partner, whose face was still as emotionless as before. “She experienced a bit of… heart failure.”

The black-haired man let out a short laugh at this, which quickly faded.

“Go back your things,” he said, “you’ll be under Xehanort’s care from now on.” She shook her head, not being able to do much else. “No?” the blond said, “or do you really want to end up like your poor ‘gwama’?” Kairi didn’t move - she didn’t budge. The blonds eyes narrowed, and his lips thinned. “Is that how it’s going to be then?”

They began to step closer and closer to her. “If you’re not going to come on your own,” he said, “then we will just have to compel you to go,” he said, smirking. Kairi began to shake, watching as they came closer, and closer to her, until their shadows covered her in darkness completely.

The End​

Ren

adios motherfucker
Heart failure.
That's just twisted.

Stop tricking me in liking Kairi. I'm feeling for her right now. ;_;

A

Audo

Date Posted: Monday, October 20th, 2008
Warnings: I suppose some slight boy-fluff.

Chapter Seven
Heaven​

Axel opened his eyes wearily, holding a hand to shield his eyes as they adjusted to the sudden light. Below he could hear the train running on its rickety tracks as it made its way through the town below. He could feel the soft vibrations that emitted from the Clock Tower’s swinging pendulum. Oh yes, he knew exactly where he was.

What he didn’t know though, was how he was where he was. The last thing her remembered was helping Sora and his friends in Betwixt and Between. He remembered fading into the darkness, telling Sora how much he had wanted to see Roxas one last time… Roxas.

Axel looked down shocked to see him - to see Roxas - sitting down along the Clock Tower edge, his knees to his chest, his eyes closed tightly. Axel’s own eyes widened at the sight of his friend - the friend he was sure he would never get to see again. Where were they? How was this even possible?

Axel had faded away - he knew that. But, if that were the case, then… where was he know? Where was Roxas? Were their consciousness meeting - what was left of them anyways? Was this the next life? Axel shook his head, this had to have been a dream; it just had to.

He looked down toward his feet, finding a small, square, white box. Immediately he knew just what it was. He knew that if he were to open the lid, he would find two blue ice cream bars staring back at him - just like how it used to be.

Axel turned to look back at the red and orange sky in front of him, his mind relaying thoughts from that day - the day they first met.

"Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It's because among the countless colors comprising light, red travels the greatest distance."

“You’re just trying to show off, Axel!”

Axel closed his eyes, letting the memories invoke him like they so often had.

“I’ll be the one in charge of training you,” Axel smirked, “I’ve made it here.”

Axel opened his eyes, looking to his side. Was it his fault this was the way things turned out? Could things have worked out differently in the end, or was this all the workings of inevitable fate?

“I’m your friend, which is why I’m telling you…”

Axel’s eyes shot over to the boy sitting down on the Clock Tower’s edge. His eyes had slowly opened, adjusting to the surroundings just like Axel had before him. “Finally woken up?” Axel said, looking away from the boy, back to the red-orange sky in front of them.

“Axel,” the boy said, looking up at the red-head.

The red-head titled his head slightly, not keeping his eyes off of the sun that was beginning to set in the distance. He didn’t dare to look at the boy, not yet. Was it too hard to look at him, knowing that after so long, this could be the last time he ever saw his best friend? He wasn’t sure, all he knew was that there was something that was keeping his eyes focused straight on the horizon.

“Nope,” Axel said with a small sigh hidden within his voice, “Maybe you’re going to sleep.” He titled his head the other way, though the change was hardly noticeable, even to himself. “Soon, I won’t even be able to talk to your consciousness like this.”

Roxas looked away from Axel, down at the Twilight Town below his feet, where everything seemed still and calm with the exception of the train that was making its rounds. He imagined that he saw Hayner, Pence, Olette down below, being happy. But when he blinked, there was nothing there. “I…,” Roxas began, letting his shoulders fall, “I’m going back to how I was.” He continued to stare down, almost feeling like he was betraying Axel by wanting to be whole again.

“I’ve thought about it a lot,” Axel said as he lowered himself down. He put his feet over the edge of the Clock Tower, sitting down beside the friend that he had missed so much - that he knew he would continue to miss. “Naminé said the same thing.” He still wouldn’t look at him, not wanting to face the facts. But he knew - he knew that he would have to do it - and if not now, then when would he ever be able to? “Roxas…,” the red head said, his eyes focusing on the ground for one last second before turning to the blond - to his best friend, “you have a heart, don’t you?” He turned away from him again. “While Naminé and I… we don’t really have hearts, do we?”

Roxas turned away from the redhead’s stare, knowing that whatever he was going to say would most likely disappoint him - and he was tired of having done that to him, so many times before. “I… I don’t know either,” he lied.

“I guess not...,” Axel said turning to look back at the horizon. His arm lay upon his bent knee as he let out an exasperated sigh. Nothing was ever easy when you’re nothing.

“But,” Roxas began, noticing the effects of his last comment on the red head, “the heart’s not something that you can see. I’ve started wondering whether it’s something you can’t feel either… If so, then… Nah, never mind.” How he wanted to tell Axel that maybe - just maybe - he also had a heart. But even he knew that wasn’t the case. How could he continue to lie to Axel, after everything?

“Hmm?” Axel said, turning to look at the boy in interest. “What were you getting at?” Axel knew what Roxas was trying to say, but he wanted to hear it from the boy’s lips. It had to come from him, or else it meant virtually nothing.

“I’m sure Sora’ll find the answer,” Roxas said, “because he’s me.” Roxas could only hope that Axel didn’t see the true meaning behind this - that he, Roxas, knew the answer.

“Yep, that’s true,” Axel said turning away. He knew what it meant, like before, but he knew bringing it up wouldn’t do anything for the two of them. And so, he reached over to the small box on his right, and opened it up. He looked down at the sky blue ice cream pops that stared back at him - knowing that this would probably be the last time that he would ever have one with him.

He presented the Sea Salt Ice Cream to Roxas, who jumped a little in surprised before taking it in his gloved hand. He stared down at the ice cream, memories filling him over - just like they had Axel previously.

“This really takes me back,” Axel said, as if reading Roxas’ mind. “D’you remember? We first met the day you got your new name. And then we watched the sunset from up here.”

Roxas swallowed the piece of ice cream that he had bitten off. “Yeah,” he said, biting off another piece of sky blue. “This is where I came from. Everyone… Hayner, Pence, Olette. I hope they’re okay.”

Axel looked down at the sound of their names. The people that Roxas had became attached to in that lie of a world. The people that Roxas was so willing to leave him for. It wasn’t his fault though, Axel knew that. “You should go and see them again,” he said, thinking it was the best thing to say, “looking for your answer.”

“Yeah… So… I have to go,” Roxas said, not looking at the red-head. “Sora’s waiting for me.”

Axel turned away, letting his head tilt in a disheartened fashion. “Yeah,” he said, not wanting to admit that this was it - that this would be the actual end. “I guess he is…” He bit off a large chunk of the ice cream, keeping his face free from Roxas’ eyes. “Whoa, this ice cream is really salty!” he said, his voice quivering as he said it. Truth be told, the ice cream was no saltier than usual.

A light began to emit around Roxas. The boy, his golden hair swaying slightly in the wind as he turned to look at his red-haired friend, smiled. “See you, Axel.”

A light surrounded Axel as well, as he looked at the boy in a state of dejection. “See ya, partner,” he said, not trying to fake a smile. He watched as his friend disappeared from view - knowing that this was it - that this was the end, and a single tear fell from his face.

The End​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back