• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laliani

I live in a little place I like to call home ^_^
I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to close it or move it if need be :embarassed:

I was wondering about the translations for the KH novels, because I know they haven't been out in North America yet, but sometimes people make allusions to them in this site, and I'm just wondering, are there translations somewhere that I know nothing about? :confused: If there is, I'd really like to know, and thanks for the help :)

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
^ No, there are actually novels, which KH2: Final Mix+ is based off of, or vice versa, ie. Cave of Rememberence etc.

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Here's a few links to collections of KHII novel translations that I've found:

Link
Link

Unfortunately, a lot of the really good translations have been removed; possibly because of copyright issues. There's also a LiveJournal community that's working on translating those novels, but you have to be a member of the site and community to see them.
The KHII novels are really the only ones that add something more to the story. They explain many things that weren't shown in the game. The KHI and CoM novels are pretty much straight-novelizations of the games. I have the CoM R/R novel, and it's pretty much just like the game. =/
Edit: I forgot to mention the two Short Stories novels. I don't know the details of all the stories, but they seem to have things that were not in the games, making them worth reading as well.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Nah, as far as I know the novels are different, and only in Japanese

Laliani

I live in a little place I like to call home ^_^

Link
Link

Unfortunately, a lot of the really good translations have been removed; possibly because of copyright issues. There's also a LiveJournal community that's working on translating those novels, but you have to be a member of the site and community to see them.
The KHII novels are really the only ones that add something more to the story. They explain many things that weren't shown in the game. The KHI and CoM novels are pretty much straight-novelizations of the games. I have the CoM R/R novel, and it's pretty much just like the game. =/
Edit: I forgot to mention the two Short Stories novels. I don't know the details of all the stories, but they seem to have things that were not in the games, making them worth reading as well.

Thx! Can't wait to read them :)

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Glad to be of help! =)
But like I said, many translated scenes have been removed. I think they involved Organization meetings, scenes between Namine, Axel and Riku, and a scene with Riku calling out Maleficent; among others. Also, some of the translations in those links aren't spot-on. (Mickey isn't supposed to be talking about his luggage when he meets up with Riku.)
I tried importing the books a while back, but they never came in. I'll try getting my hands on them again, and I'll attempt a few translations myself.

WantaSoraplushie

Link
Link

That was the same link twice, but thanks anyways!!! I loved it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back