• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
sorry for posting silly question just wanna speak anyway of course you guys know ORG13 members names all have X like xemnas-sexman but with out X its ansem and (square) enix-eraqus and Xehanort-with out x his no heart i love KH names whats your FAV KH names sorry for this simple post its funny that xemnas stole ansem name two

anniinan

I was wondering the other day what is the meaning of "Eraqus" since Aqua, Terra, Ventus and Vanitas are latin and stand for water, wind and vanity. I didn't find a translation for Eraqus :D Didn't know it's an anagram from Square. :D

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I was wondering the other day what is the meaning of "Eraqus" since Aqua, Terra, Ventus and Vanitas are latin and stand for water, wind and vanity. I didn't find a translation for Eraqus :D Didn't know it's an anagram from Square. :D

Yes, Eraqus is just the FF counterpart of Yen Sid.

Eraqus = Square
Yen Sid = Disney

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Whoa I feel dumb right now. Didn't know the Yen Sid thing either.

If you ever heard of Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios, there's a ride there called the "The Great Movie Ride", that's where I found out the first time.

I just found about the Eraqus today.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I am also pretty sure that if you read a book concerning the Making of Fantasia (or listen to the audio commentaries on the Blu-ray), you will find out that Yen Sid's expressions (especially the disappointed/judgemental look) are based on Walt Disney's own expressions. There is a reason the animator created Yen Sid to be such a menacing character :p

Squeaky245

Sora, Riku and Kairi mean, respectively, sky, land and sea. Furthering their relation to Ventus, Terra and Aqua; wind, earth and water.
Figured I'd point that out since we're talkin' about names and their meanings and what not.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Vanitas = vanity/emptiness and it sounds like Ventus, plus in Japanese part of the name is written with the same symbol as "Sora"
There's just so much stuff that works about that name.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Fun fact: not only was Yen Sid's name "Yen Sid" as far back as Fantasia, but this isn't the first time Square has used "Eraqus" either. Well, sort of. In Final Fantasy Legend III / SaGa III, the password for the rebellion HQ in Viper is "ERAQS," probably cropped to fit a five-character limit on the Game Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back